PDA

View Full Version : Getting better at knitting...

Mommy22alyns
11-16-2007, 09:41 PM
Back as the weather started to warm up, I eagerly cast on for a Lion Brand Microspun All-Season shell. I worked on it with other projects, and finished the back of it at the end of June. I got a few inches of the front started before it got pushed to the back burner in favor of cool weather goodies.
Well, I am so darn proud of my work on the IK tilted duster. Seriously - it's probably my third prettiest FO! ;) I know it's not "perfect," but I can look at it and not see flaws.
So when I pick up the shell again... I hate it. I can see so many places where it doesn't look very good, and now I know I can do so much better. I'm going to frog the whole thing (later!).
Did you ever frog out earlier projects when you see how much you've improved? I'm afraid to dig out Becca's scarf as that was the first thing I CO!

Ingrid
11-16-2007, 09:43 PM
It's great that you can see your improvement and can be proud of your knitting!

I look back at all the too-small sweaters I made years ago because I didn't bother with gauge. What a fool I was. :mrgreen:

DorothyDot
11-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, you can keep this "baby-step" project for future reference when you tackle something and get discouraged.

Or you can frog it and re-use the yarn elsewhere.

Or you can give it to that member of your family whom you never really liked but you still have to give something to. :teehee:

Dot