PDA

View Full Version : On the Town Knitting Bag by Silver

Spikey
11-16-2007, 10:50 PM
:woohoo:I am the proud owner of the first ever 'Silver' On the Town Knitting Bag by our very own, multi-talented Silver.

It is gorgeous! The pictures do not do it justice! For those who did not see her original post, it is the perfect size for everything you need for a small project, with the three inside pockets, beautiful matching drawstring pouch for small items, and extra outside pocket. There is loop to guide your yarn and an adjustable loop for attaching it to your belt, wrist, or whatever.

She even put in a little card with a nice note and care instructions.

The quality of the materials and construction is excellent, particularly for the price. I couldn't be happier. :woot::happydance:

I am in full-on holiday dishcloth making mode, so the timing couldn't be better. It will be my constant companion. Get one while you can!

Thanks, Kristin. You are the best.

losnana
11-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Mine arrived today and is absolutely fantastic! It is a beautiful blue, named Koala, due to the pattern of silver bamboo leaves. the lining is a pretty gray. It is a work of art! I've been trying to post pictures but am having trouble. Maybe soon. Thanks, Kristin!!
:muah: :woot: :woot:

lelvsdgs
11-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Those are so beautiful! She is amazing! :woohoo:

Jan in CA
11-17-2007, 12:24 AM
Ooooooo those are gorgeous! :inlove:

MAmaDawn
11-17-2007, 01:03 AM
I got mine today too!!!!

And it is AWESOME!!!! Silver you are the best!!!

It's drawstring so yarn won't get caught on zippers. And the drawstring it so smooth!

It's an early Christmas present from my dh and I can't imagine getting a better one.

I'll post pictures of mine later.

DQ
11-17-2007, 06:11 AM
I won't get mine until next week at least :pout:

GiddyKnitter
11-17-2007, 09:01 AM
I would love one of those cute little bags! How do you go about ordering one??

Spikey
11-17-2007, 10:57 AM
Here's the thread that she first posted, with all of the info:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69213&highlight=silver+knitting+bag

gingerbread
11-17-2007, 11:33 AM
I will be getting mine at the end of the month.:waah: I got the one just like Kristins. I can't wait until I get it in my hands. I want to love it and give it a good home.

Catz
11-17-2007, 12:10 PM
I've got mine on order. :happydance: Just waiting on the nod from her then I can pay through paypal. It'll be perfect for when I start knitting my own socks.

Silver
11-17-2007, 12:46 PM
Thank you everyone for the nice words and Im THRILLED that those of you who have gotten your bags already are happy with them! :muah:

For those of you still waiting, or who want to order a bag:
I'm currently in Atlanta at my sister's house. It's her birthday today and mom and I came up here to spend the weekend with her. So I'm not replying to email or PMs until I get back home... on Sunday night.

I will be bookin it to get the rest of the bags made next week. I have your order if I have emailed you with your bag choice. If I haven't asked for payment, it means your bag isn't finished yet. I will email you when it's done so you can pay for it then. Don't worry until you hear from me. I have you on my list. :)

I WILL take new orders AFTER I finish my current orders. So don't panic. I'll post a message here and on my blog at that time.

Thanks again, I'm glad you like them! :heart:

losnana
11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm going to try to add a pix of my On The Town bag by Silver. Except for the fabric, it is just like Spikey's. She posted pictures on Friday or Saturday.
Here goes.

DQ
11-23-2007, 07:36 AM
I got my bag today!!! :woot: :yay: :cheering: :woohoo: :cheering: :yay: :woot:

I've got a 'Silver' one too (hey Spikey, we're bag buddies! :teehee: ) and it is GORGEOUS! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Thank you Silver! :hug: :notworthy:

Silver
11-23-2007, 12:01 PM
I'll be taking new orders starting Monday. If you want one, drop me an email (kristin at cometosilver dot com) so I can put you on my list. :)

GiddyKnitter
11-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Silver i have pm'd you xx

Silver
11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
Yep, I've got ya on the list Pauline :)

Spikey
11-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Hi DQ - Great to have a bag buddy. Glad there is one Silver on each side of the pond!

rosefields
11-24-2007, 04:50 AM
I rec'd my On the Town Knitting Bag and it looks like Losnanas, it is beautiful:heart: :heart: :heart:
I just came back from a trip from Michigan to Texas and it was wonderful to have my knitting in the little bag...I kept my identification and boarding pass in the outside pocket for easy access. This little bag is definately a winner!:yay: :yay: :yay:
Thanks Silver!

merryknitter
11-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Thanks so much Kristin...my bag is beautiful...you do amazing work, girl! It is gorgeous...can't wait to show all my knitting buddies! The purple is so pretty...thanks so very much!
Happy Sewing!
Merry :)

kindermen
11-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Got my bag today and all I can say is ,it is THE most beautiful thing EVER!!!! Silver's work is perfect!! :cheering::yay::muah::woot::happydance:My knitting friends at work will be sooooo jealous. You better get yourself on the list or you will be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

holamiis
11-27-2007, 12:02 AM
I have to add a HUGE thank you to Silver as well. I just got my "Peace" bag and adore it! The workmanship is amazing....I can't wait for everyone to be jealous at my next knit night.

Thank you SO much, Silver.

everyone else get on this the next time Silver posts for new orders... you will be glad you did.

JamOKnit
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Hi Silver, I know I had PMed you earlier with interest, but with the holidays coming up, I am just strapped for cash and can't really justify buying something for me. :)
So if you continue to take orders in 2008, I'll get myself back on the list! :)
Thanks.

sparkei49
11-27-2007, 04:07 PM
How much for one of these great bags?????
Sparkei

*KnitPixie*
11-27-2007, 04:18 PM
How much for one of these great bags?????
Sparkei
Thats what I have been wondering as well:teehee:

Silver
11-27-2007, 04:51 PM
They're $30 plus shipping, or $50 for two ($40 for two of the same color).

I'll be taking new orders soon!

PS.. KnitPixie.. I LOVE your crayon quote.

lelvsdgs
11-27-2007, 07:02 PM
OOO!!! I got mine too! I love it so much, it's perfect! I will have to post some photos when I wrestle the camera away from my photo obsessed daughter... The bag is the perfect size and holds just enough. I really love mine! Thanks Kristin!:muah:

Silver
11-27-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm taking new orders now! (But I'll only take orders for 20 bags. I don't think I can do more than that before Christmas.)

Click here (http://www.cometosilver.com/knit/bags/) to see all 9 different colors. These are not the limit to colors... if you want something else, just let me know and I'll do my best to oblige.

They're $30 + shipping. ($40 for two of the same color, $50 for two of different colors).

If you want one, email me asap and I'll get back to you with details!

And THANK YOU SO MUCH to everyone who has already ordered or had something nice to say about them. :muah:

*KnitPixie*
11-27-2007, 10:11 PM
PS.. KnitPixie.. I LOVE your crayon quote.

Silver
11-30-2007, 11:36 AM
FYI, I still have bags left if anyone is interested. I plan on putting some for sale on my website eventually too. But I can't say that I'll be making these forever. (I have a short attention span.) LOL

Catz
12-01-2007, 08:59 AM
Mine arrived this morning. Its gorgeous. Many thanks Kristin.Now when I go and visit my fiance in Newcastle I can take it instead of my big knitted knitting bag.Pics to follow.

mare-nitt
12-01-2007, 05:07 PM
My Knitting Bag came in the mail today. Thank you Silver, it is truely wonderful. You are so talented, I will be showing this bag off for sure.

I love the colors too, perfect, Peace.

kristinw
12-02-2007, 11:10 AM
I broke down and ordered one the other day! Can't wait to get it.

DQ
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
I broke down and ordered one the other day! Can't wait to get it.

You won't be sorry you broke down! :yay:

kindermen
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM
You will be sorry you didn't do it sooner!!!!!

The.Knitter
12-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Mine is in the mail as we speak. I am patiently (NOT) waiting for it to get here.

GiddyKnitter
12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Mine to is in the mail!! It's so exciting I will be hounding my postman everyday until I have it in my hands!!!

Silver
12-03-2007, 08:47 AM
I'm making yours today, Kristin! I'll be in the mail soon, you'll probably have it by Friday. :)

figaro
12-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Mine is also on its way! :woohoo:

Silver, are you mailing yourself? How much does that cost? I'll be in the mail soon, you'll probably have it by Friday. Now that is one way to get a On the Town Bag! :roflhard:

Silver
12-03-2007, 10:03 AM
LOL Why yes! It's the latest thing!

Pssh.. you know what I meant. :teehee:

figaro
12-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Mine arrived! She mailed it on Saturday and it was delivered Monday, a lot sooner than I expected.

It it beautiful! And while I do not actually get out of the house and knit, I do end up sitting in the truck waiting doing the dropping off/picking up of the kids every day. It is so much easier just to grab this one project bag and run out the door. I love the "handle", I am able to attach it to my desk chair and knit whenever the computer is taking too long (which is happening more and more).

Here is a pic of it

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image212.jpg

I think my camera is also getting ready to die and this pic does not do it justice, it is a dark black with red and gold lettering and the inside is red.

Thank you Silver!!:muah:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/%5BIMG%5Dhttp://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i25/hum39/Image212.jpg%5B/IMG%5D

GiddyKnitter
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Is that the dragon design I was toying with that colour myself and then decided on Calm (I think) xx

Silver
12-05-2007, 08:38 AM
No, you got Silver, Pauline! At least that's what I hope you wanted, because it's on it's way to you. LOL

Yep, I checked.. you asked for Silver as your first choice, Calm as your second choice. ;)

GiddyKnitter
12-05-2007, 10:12 AM
Thanks Silver

I really dont mind which one I have they are all lovely .. Just snatched the post of the postman no bag as yet!! Think postie was a little bit scared!!!

Ronda
12-05-2007, 10:33 AM
With all the Christmas gifts I have to buy AND now fixing my Dell for the second time in 6 months, I'm going to have to postpone buying one for me until after Christmas. Are you still going to be taking orders then Silver?

Silver
12-05-2007, 12:15 PM
I really don't know how long I'll be doing these bags. I really.. REALLY like making them. I don't have any plans to stop, but there's no telling... I have a short attention span. :teehee:

Ronda
12-05-2007, 12:26 PM
Well, I'll cross my fingers that you don't lose your attention span before January 30th! :) ha
Thanks, Silver.

Silver
12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Even if I do stop, I might make an exception. ;)

lelvsdgs
12-05-2007, 06:05 PM
I put mine in my work bag and pulled it out at my desk yesterday and had 5 compliments on it! I gave them the web address so you may get a few more orders. They all said how impressed they were by the workmanship! I told them they are hand made and they were even more impressed.

Silver
12-05-2007, 06:38 PM
That's great to hear Lee. Thanks for letting me know! :)

Thank you everyone for your continued rave reviews and compliments. Sure makes me feel good!!

mks22300
12-05-2007, 07:32 PM
My bag came today! Thank you so much Kristin, it's absolutely beautiful! :heart: I love the butterflies on the fabric and the colors. I can't wait to show it off! cloud9

JamOKnit
12-07-2007, 01:13 PM
I will definitely be spending some Christmas money on one of the bags, Silver. Right now it's not feasible as I try to make sure everyone gets their gifts, but I'm also a probable January order! It will be perfect to hold my 2008 projects (planning to work on lots of socks!) :)
Now, how to decide between Harmony, Silver, Koala..... LOL

kindermen
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Just get one of each! You can't go wrong!!!!!

Silver
12-07-2007, 10:02 PM
OK OK! I guess I'll keep selling them through January! Thank you everyone for your love and support!!:hug:

GiddyKnitter
12-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Kristin
It's arrived!!!! and it's absolutely gorgeous... I had a little peek and asked my DH
to wrap it up and put it under the tree...that way I get to ohh and ahh all over again on Christmas Day. Thank you again xx

jdee
12-08-2007, 03:30 PM
Kristin
It's arrived!!!! and it's absolutely gorgeous... I had a little peek and asked my DH
to wrap it up and put it under the tree...that way I get to ohh and ahh all over again on Christmas Day. Thank you again xx

Wow, what will power you have. My DH also let me order one for my Chistmas gift, but once mine arives, there's no way he's getting it away from me. lol

kristinw
12-08-2007, 04:18 PM
I got mine the other day and it really is gorgeous. I got the Harmony. It doesn't even compare to my GoKnit pouch. I love all the pockets and it is the perfect size for a small project! Perfect for keeping little toddler hands off :teehee:

Here is a couple pictures. I had to take the one of the inside because coincedentally inside is the Palindrome scarf by Silver I am working on! The bag is much prettier IRL. Thanks again Kristin!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2103/2095463961_e65e2f7807.jpg
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2277/2096238270_b7d38f6e8f.jpg

GiddyKnitter
12-10-2007, 11:42 AM
They really are lovely and I am looking forward to opening mine all over again on Christmas day! I only wish I had ordered one for my knitting buddy in Kansas...Kristin If you carry on making them a while longer I may order one for her for her birthday which is in January x

Ronda
12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
They are all soooooooo pretty.

The.Knitter
12-11-2007, 05:05 PM
I got my knitting bag last night. When DH found out it was sitting at the post office he went over and picked it up for me. The Customs didn't actually charge me duty, but they charged me GST (goods and services tax), PST (provincial sales tax) and a "Handling" Fee. God Bless the Government!!

It matters not, my bag is here and I am thrilled with it. The colour is perfect, the workmanship is superb and now I can do little knitting projects while in the car going to the "cottage" which happens to be a three hour drive.

I can't remember the name of my bag (please let me know Silver and I will write it on the card inside) but it is red taffeta brocade on the outside and black satin on the inside with red thread and ties. It is stunning! I'd take a picture to show you, but my camera has run out of batteries so I can't get any more until payday.

This On the Town Knitting Bag sure was worth the money and the wait time. I am going to get a LOT of use from this.

Thanks Silver, as always you did a fantastic job! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

Dangles
12-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh they are so pretty, Kristin.

figaro
12-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Silver, your On the Town knitting bag was a hit with the organizer from my knitting group this weekend! She just mentioned your blog on her blog (http://jmknits.wordpress.com/) and told people to go and check them out, and it looks like she bought one too.

Looks like we aren't the only ones who love it!:happydance:

Silver
12-11-2007, 11:25 PM
I can't remember the name of my bag (please let me know Silver and I will write it on the card inside) but it is red taffeta brocade on the outside and black satin on the inside with red thread and ties.
Yours is called "Merry". I'm so glad you finally got it and that it was worth the trouble! :)

Silver, your On the Town knitting bag was a hit with the organizer from my knitting group this weekend! She just mentioned your blog on her blog (http://jmknits.wordpress.com/) and told people to go and check them out, and it looks like she bought one too.

Looks like we aren't the only ones who love it!:happydance:
Thanks Debbie. Yes, Jeanne ordered TWO. :)

Thanks everyone!! :heart: I am STILL having fun making them, so I'm going to continue until I either can't stand them anymore, I have a house full of them, or my sewing machine breaks (*gasp* knock on wood!)

Catz
12-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I already have one but I'm seriously thinking on getting another one. :rofl:

gingerbread
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
I just got the comfirmation from the usps that my bag is on its way.:woohoo::woohoo:
Thanks Silver I can't wait until it is in my hot little hands. I will hug it and love it and give it a good home. :woot::woot::woot:

mommydearest
12-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I received mine on Saturday but couldn't find this thread to post my reply. I was having a "duh" moment so I PM'ed Silver with the status. I bought two Dragon and Koala. I LOVE both of them so much. As soon as I opened them I put them to work.

My kids think they are beautiful as well - now they know I'm a knitting addict. My dd really thinks I should go to KAA (KnittingAholics Anonimos but I tell both dd and ds its what's keeping me sane at the moment.

Thanks again Kristin.

Mary

kemp
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
I LOVE mine! I got one for my sister too :) More pics/info at my blog (http://www.divaknitting.com/blog/2007/12/13/special-treat).

lelvsdgs
12-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I LOVE mine! I got one for my sister too :) More pics/info at my blog (http://www.divaknitting.com/blog/2007/12/13/special-treat).
Oh my gosh you have the best smilies!!! I love the bouncing sheep!!! Really great shots of you Silver original and love your site.

kemp
12-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Thank you :) I love my little smilies too.

jdee
12-14-2007, 07:17 PM
My bag arrived today!! I decided to do something nice for DH, so I made a decision that has me biting my nails in anticipation.

My husband had told me to order one for my Christmas gift, but all this time he's been agonizing over not knowing what to get me. I reminded him that he'd already gotten me something, but he wants me to have something under the tree on Christmas day. So when my box came today, I took it straight to him without opening it, and told him to wrap it up, and put it under the tree. Even though I know what it is, it'll still be a surprise, because I haven't opened it, and seen it in person. "Are you Sure?" he asks me. "yes," I say, "but hurry before I change my mind."

So even though I won't see it, until Christmas, I still wanted Silver to know that it did make it here. Thanks so much. I'm sure I'll be posting on this thread again on Chrismas night, and I'll be sooooo happy!!:woot:

gingerbread
12-15-2007, 02:45 PM
:woohoo:My little on the town bag came in at noon today. :woohoo:It is the most beautiful bag ever :passedout:. I just can't tell you how much I love it.
Thank you silver again for the perfect Christmas present I have ever gotten.cloud9

p.s. This afternoon it is going with me while my husband goes for his surgury for a kidney stone.
It will keep me keep my nerves steady.
Thank you again

ladyjessica
12-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I received my 'Calm' bag on Friday, and it is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS! The pictures really don't even do justice to these beautiful bags. Thank you so much, Silver, for all you do for this forum and its users. Your work is extremely beautiful and professional, and you should most definitely be proud of it. This was my Christmas gift to myself, and I'm SO glad I got it. I'll definitely be styling this holiday. Thanks again. :happydance:

jdee
12-17-2007, 10:05 PM
"calm" is the bag I ordered. Now I'm looking forward to Christmas even more. :)

jdee
12-26-2007, 04:23 AM
When I opened my bag today, I was instanly in LOVE with it. Everyone is right when the say the pictures just don't compare to the real bag. I just can't get over how beautiful it is.cloud9

Thanks Silver, for making such a great product, and sharing them with us. :muah:

Silver
12-27-2007, 12:10 AM
FYI Everyone, I'm not taking anymore orders right now.

However, I AM making bags, and will have about 20 or so for sale on my shop as soon as they're all made. Many of them are new colors you haven't seen yet. :)

Keep an eye out here and on my blog for word when they're up for sale.

JamOKnit
12-30-2007, 08:57 PM
Looking forward to seeing the new bags! I got some cash for Christmas and so I am ready to order!
{jumps up and down excitedly} :)

Ronda
12-30-2007, 09:03 PM
FYI Everyone, I'm not taking anymore orders right now.

However, I AM making bags, and will have about 20 or so for sale on my shop as soon as they're all made. Many of them are new colors you haven't seen yet. :)

Keep an eye out here and on my blog for word when they're up for sale.

:shock: :pray:

Silver
01-03-2008, 08:09 AM
There's a sneak peek of one of the new colors on my blog (http://www.cometosilver.com/write). I'm working hard to get them all done asap, but I HAVE to finish crocheting a baby blanket by my sisters baby shower next weekend, and I've barely even started!! :help: So it'll be at least 3 weeks before they're for sale... unless I just start putting them up as I make them... :think:

JamOKnit
01-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Must......be.....patient......
:)

Catz
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I've been told l have the patience of a saint..... Lucky me.... I can't wait to see the rest of the new colors. More of a hard decision that it already is for my second bag.l love my first bag.

JamOKnit
01-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi Silver! How's the progress on the bags going? I check your website faithfully to see if they are there....but alas, I must still wait..... my sock is sad because it does not have a beautiful bag to sleep in. :teehee:

sakura-panda
01-15-2008, 11:31 AM
Oh, I'm sorry I missed these -- those bags are gorgeous!

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread -- I hope it gets updated when the bags are available again. :)

Silver
01-15-2008, 11:54 AM
I have about 15 or so bags done. I was thinking about putting them up for sale soon, but we're going out of town this weekend again so I didn't want orders to start coming in until I'm back home. I'll be back Monday night, so I will get back to work on new bags on Tuesday. I'll begin putting them up for sale next week. :)

I will for sure update this thread and let you all know when they're for sale again!

JamOKnit
01-15-2008, 12:33 PM
YAY!!!!!

kindermen
01-15-2008, 03:34 PM
Gotta have another one!!!!!

lelvsdgs
01-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Gotta have another one!!!!!
Me too! I use the first one I bought everyday and want a second one so I don't have to keep switching out bags. They are lovely and very, very well made...

Silver
01-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Pssst ....Yooohoo..

The bags are up for sale again! Click here (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5547389)
:hug:

Sorry it took so long, I started a new shop at Etsy because I didn't like the one on my server anymore. Etsy is so much easier. :)

Ronda
01-30-2008, 07:59 AM
:woot: :cheering: :muah: :woot: :cheering: :muah: :woot: :cheering: :muah:
I can't wait until mine gets here!!!
I was having trouble deciding between two of them. I chose one, and by the time I got done ordering and back to the main page, the other one I was considering purchasing (Comfort? the purple one?) was gone!!!!

Ginnyb
01-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I just ordered mine! Can't wait until it arrives...

Ginnyb

Silver
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
They are going fast! *blink blink* I just put 15 of them up last night, and have already sold 7. I have to get to work making more asap! I can't even make them as fast as they sell! lol

Thank you all sooooo much for your purchases, your wonderful words of praise and encouragement, and your word of mouth advertising. :muah:

sakura-panda
01-30-2008, 11:31 AM
I was having trouble setting up an etsy account last night so I wasn't able to buy any. I hope the style I like is still there when I try again! :inlove:

sakura-panda
01-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay, mine is ordered! :yay:

I can't wait to see it in person. :inlove:

JamOKnit
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Hooray!!! She's back! :)
Silver, do you plan to make more in some darker colors? I fell in love with the ones you had originally like Calm, Harmony and Koala....
Can't wait to find one I love and order it! Thanks SOOOOO much for making these!

Oooh, I just found the link on Etsy that took me to the ones you already sold....looks like I just wasn't fast enough! :) I'll keep an eye out for more!

knittingymnast
01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
those are beautiful! kristin you are sooo super talented!

jdee
01-30-2008, 07:21 PM
Just ordered one of the 'Daphnie' bags. I love the aqua color in the lining. I'm so excited!!

Silver
01-30-2008, 07:37 PM
Hooray!!! She's back! :)
Silver, do you plan to make more in some darker colors? I fell in love with the ones you had originally like Calm, Harmony and Koala....
Can't wait to find one I love and order it! Thanks SOOOOO much for making these!

Oooh, I just found the link on Etsy that took me to the ones you already sold....looks like I just wasn't fast enough! :) I'll keep an eye out for more!
I do have some dark ones coming up as soon as I can make them... some more "Tapestry" bags, a new black with a bright pink liner, a burgundy one with a yellow liner, a couple more "Peace" bags, and more.

But even still, it's just a quick trip to the fabric store to pick up more colors. I plan on making these for quite a while, as long as the demand is there, I'd be stupid to stop making them. :teehee:

JamOKnit
01-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Wonderful! I'll keep an eye on your shop. :)

I am always in awe of people who can create such amazing things with the sewing machine....mine is buried under a bunch of stuff in my spare room and I think it's only been used once, by my mom who made a pair of curtains for me! LOL

sparkei49
01-31-2008, 02:17 PM
I just ordered my bag in the Lucky pattern!!!:woohoo: It was the last one in that pattern. I can't wait to get it.:knitting:

OTN: scarf, socks (2 pair)

AnnArrogance
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
I got the "Calm" one--it looks so gorgeous! I can't wait to get it! And I love purple!

Silver, these bags are stunning! I'm in love with the "Paisley" one, too--wish I could have gotten both!

JamOKnit
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
I think Calm is my favorite.

AprilT
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
It is simply beautiful. The materials and the workmanship make it well worth the price and it looks so elegant. I even filed my nails so they wouldn't snag the delicate fabric! I got Lucky because I love dragons and the color violet.
Thank you, Silver, and please keep making them as long as you can.

AprilT
Ivydakota on Ravelry

lelvsdgs
02-01-2008, 07:24 PM
I just ordered my second one! I need a second one so I don't have to switch my projects out. I am waiting in anticipation for my beautiful present for myself!

AnnArrogance
02-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Mine came today, and it's amazing! I'm totally in love with it and it hasn't left my side since it got here. Thanks, Silver!

Ronda
02-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Mine came today! Thank you, Silver. It's gorgeous, and it fits my current project (mittens) perfectly! My 10-year-old DD said, "Oooooooooooooooooh." My DH (who isn't one to compliment) said it was "nice" and he said it looked "store bought." (Those are huge compliments coming from him!) Very classy! :muah:

sakura-panda
02-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Mine came :woohoo: but it is too gorgeous to use! :pout: It needs a hanging thread or something so I don't feel bad about toting it around and tossing it on the floor in the car! :roflhard:

Until I get over it, it is sitting bottom of my yarn bag, protected from the elements by my WIPs. :rofl: After this yucky wet sloppy weather is over, I'll start using it but right now I'm too afraid of soiling it before I get a chance to show it off. :thumbsup:

Thanks again, Silver, for making such a beautiful knitting bag. After it came, I was just handling it (so soft and shiny) and smiling at it (more gorgeous in person) and trying to decide what I wanted to put into it.

Then I realized that until winter is over, I'm not going to want to take it outside with me, but I can't bear to part from it, so it's in the bottom of my old bag where I can see it everytime I pull out my WIPs. :happydance:

Ginnyb
02-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I got mine yesterday!! It is gorgeous! I haven't put anything in it yet, but it is just perfect and done so professionally!
Ginny

lelvsdgs
02-05-2008, 06:31 PM
My second one came this weekend and I love it! The workmanship is amazing and the size is just perfect. Thanks again Silver, hopefully this will pay for your kid's college education some day, no?
:woohoo:

jdee
02-05-2008, 07:29 PM
My Daphne bag came this weekend, and I love it so much. I have a scarf in progress in it, and a pair of socks in progress in my other one. all I have to do is just pick which one I want to take along when I go somewhere. No more switching.:cheering: And they're much more attractive than the Walmart bags I was using. :teehee:

Thanks again, Silver!

jdee
02-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Here is a photo of my two bags. My husband put a bar with hooks in my stash closet, so I could hang them, when they're not in use. On the Left is Daphne, and on the right is Calm.

Eekee
02-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I ordered Flutter and Happy, and I'm so excited waiting for them! One is for me and one is intended for my mother, but I might have to keep them both. :lol: I'm betting they live up to my expectations.

JamOKnit
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Oooh, I'm so jealous! I am shivering with anticipation of the next batch of bags Silver is so lovingly making for us knitting fanatics!

Ronda
02-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Here is a photo of my two bags. My husband put a bar with hooks in my stash closet, so I could hang them, when they're not in use. On the Left is Daphne, and on the right is Calm.
So you are the one who beat me to Calm! LOL
I love the hooks your husband made you, and your bags look great!

JamOKnit
02-06-2008, 03:17 PM
LOL, Ronda, I wanted a Calm too!!!!!

Silver, you hit a home run with that color combo! :)

jdee
02-06-2008, 07:31 PM
So you are the one who beat me to Calm! LOL
I love the hooks your husband made you, and your bags look great!

Actually, I got my calm for Christmas when she made the first batch. :) It's very pretty in person. Maybe she'll make some more with the next batch.

Eekee
02-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Mine arrived today and they are OUTSTANDING!!! The craftswomanship of these little bags is incredible. I'm really going to have a hard time giving one to my mother, as I want them both for ME!

Beautiful work, Kristin, and thanks so much!

Debkcs
02-08-2008, 03:47 PM
I get comments everytime I take my 'Calm' out. "Lovely color. How Pretty. Can you make me one?" Thank you, yes it is, and no way! Too bad Kristin doesn't want to whole sale them, the LYS's I go to all think they are wonderful. "Much better than any we have" is what I've heard from several.

mommydearest
02-08-2008, 09:55 PM
I had one of mine with me at the eye doctor and some of the girls were oohing and aahing over it. In fact one wants one just as a purse to I gave her Silvers website. Not sure if that will help her but it can't hurt either.

I love both of my bags and they are always in use.

Thanks again Silver.

Mary

knittingymnast
02-10-2008, 09:10 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pretty! :inlove:

Silver
02-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Silver, hopefully this will pay for your kid's college education some day, no?
Wouldn't that be awesome?? lol

Ugh.. what a great pic. I'm in love. :inlove:

Oooh, I'm so jealous! I am shivering with anticipation of the next batch of bags Silver is so lovingly making for us knitting fanatics!
I have a few up for sale (http://www.cometosilver.com/shop) right now.

I get comments everytime I take my 'Calm' out. "Lovely color. How Pretty. Can you make me one?" Thank you, yes it is, and no way! Too bad Kristin doesn't want to whole sale them, the LYS's I go to all think they are wonderful. "Much better than any we have" is what I've heard from several.
I would love to be able to wholesale them, but they take so long to make, I can't possibly make them fast enough. Maybe one day I can hire a slew of employees. LOL :teehee:

And I'm going to make more "Calm" bags very soon. Seems that is the #1 seller! :)

Spikey
02-12-2008, 12:51 PM
You are making it SO hard. I'm really trying to avoid getting another one, but Peace is beautiful! And would be a lovely companion for my Silver.:inlove:

Silver
02-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Well I have good news and bad news regarding Calm bags.

The good news is that I have enough fabric for about 10 (maybe 12) Calm bags, and will be making those soon. EDIT: I cut the taffeta and I have enough for 18 Calm bags! :cheering:

The bad news is that the taffeta fabric has been discontinued because it was a limited seasonal fabric. I found the last of it in the clearance department. So these upcoming Calm bags will be the last of em. Unless I can somehow find more fabric.

If you have your heart set on one, keep an eye on my shop for when they're added. I am not taking pre-orders or reservations. I *might* get a couple up for sale tomorrow or Thursday. If not, don't expect them until next week.

But more good news... I'll keep making all new color combinations for as long as I can! :)

sakura-panda
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
I have a few up for sale (http://www.cometosilver.com/shop) right now.

I need to stop looking in this thread -- I followed that link out of curiosity and ended up buying another one. :inlove:

Then I took mine out today and it works even more perfectly than I imagined. :happydance: I hooked it onto my purse and it didn't pull or drag or anything -- it was was light, sturdy and flexible and very easy to take along. My yarn comes out of it soooo smoothly.

I can not say enough nice things about these bags! And now I don't have to decide which project to put in it -- I will have a bag for each one!

(Thanks to the rest of you enablers who mentioned you have more than one and how well it works out! :thumbsup: Thank goodness I've committed myself to no more than 2 knitting WIPs at any time. ;) )

JamOKnit
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Calm is up! Calm is up!!! (Can you tell I'm excited?) :)
What a fantastic Valentine's gift to myself! I put in my order this morning...can't wait to get it! My socks can travel in STYLE!!!

Thank you so much, Silver, for being so wonderful to your customers and seeking out that last little bit of fabric for us!

Silver
02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
LOL Diane, glad to see you're so excited about it! Thanks for the order, it's already in the mail. :)

Banrion
02-14-2008, 06:46 PM
OK you all have twisted my arm!! It helped that there was that beautiful yarn staring at me from the shop as well that I have had my eye on. I got myself a Valentines Day present, and the waiting begins!

Spikey
02-14-2008, 09:11 PM
Woo hoo! Just ordered Calm. So gorgeous!

JamOKnit
02-17-2008, 10:26 AM
My Calm bag arrived yesterday and it is gorgeous!!! Thanks so much, Silver! I've already got it packed up with my latest sock so I can take it with me wherever I go!

Silver
02-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I used my own prototype bag this weekend while spending hours and hours at the airport. It was my first chance to really stand and knit while waiting in a line (2 hours, customer service, long story.. read about it on my blog (http://www.cometosilver.com/write/?p=445)if you wanna). Fun times. :thumbsup:

Lisa R.
02-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Aw, next time you're stuck in Atlanta, you should give me a call! At least you got the decent time alone in a hotel, etc. :)

Spikey
02-19-2008, 04:11 PM
Just got my Calm bag :cheering::yay::woot: It is so gorgeous and goes beautifully with my Silver bag!

The timing is perfect as my knitting class starts up again tonight, and I leave for California in the morning. It's the only redeeming quality of flying - hours and hours of uninterrupted knitting time!

Banrion
02-19-2008, 06:41 PM
WOW! I got my bag and yarn today, though I am beginning to suspect Silver of being in possession of a time turner. I can't figure out how she had the time to put stuff in the mail from Florida while she was in Georgia. But the bag is GORGEOUS, and the yarn I got is fabulous as well. Now if only I could decide on a project for the yarn.

Pennie
02-19-2008, 07:38 PM
every time i see those bags i drool...me thinks i need to get one soon

Silver
02-19-2008, 08:51 PM
LOL Banrion. Thank my husband. I had it all packed up, but forgot to put it in the mail before I left. So he dropped it off at the post office for me after he got back from the airport and before he went to work. :heart:

I WISH I could manipulate time. I'd get a lot more stuff done, that's for sure! :)

Stonington
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
I received my bag yesterday!! Tapestry!! :heart: It is so elegant...:passedout: I could not stand to put it back in ithe box, so it sat on my desk all day, I could look at it and show it off to everyone that came into the office. It is perfect right down to the smallest detail! Thank you so much Kristin! :woot:

anne
sebago, me