PDA

View Full Version : Empty Denise Case for Options?

lucky_alf2
11-16-2007, 11:31 PM
DH got me Denise Interchangables for my birthday, but I really like using metal and after have viewed (and reviewed and reviewed again) the many posts on here about interchangables, I decided to return them to my LYS and get the KP Options soon. I must say tho that Denise's little storage case was AWESOME! Love that! So, I did note on the Denise website that you can buy empty cases for about $15 -- so has anyone tried storing their KP Options in the Denise Case? Do they fit? Just pondering the idea........

Jan in CA
11-17-2007, 12:28 AM
It wouldn't work well for the Options. The cords for the Options are much smaller it wouldn't hold them well if at all. The needles may or may not work, but there certainly wouldn't be room for extras. I'd stick with the nice case the Options come with which you can also buy separately as well. I have lots of extra needles and cords now so it all fits nicely. ;)

Lisa R.
11-17-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't know about the Denise case,but I love my options case--everything stays neatly organized and easily accessible.

Mirl56
11-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Funny - I have the Denise set and think I'd prefer the Options case to store them. The Denise case is very nifty - little slots for everything to fit in, but what do you do when you've bought extra cables? I have and there is no where to store them in the Denise case. :??

I finally knit the Cat Borhdi designed 'purse' to keep the whole set in, now I can store extra cables in the zippered pocket I put on the front. It was a fast knit :knitting: , and fun to felt and I really did enjoy making it and love having it - but I thought it was a shame that I had to make a way to keep the set plus extras all together.

Quiltlady
11-17-2007, 09:33 AM
I love the Denise case also. I think it's the BEST organization yet.:inlove:
I now own the KP's Interchangeable Harmony set and I like their storage case. I find it easy to see and easy to reach what ever I need.:cheering: So I'm very happy!!

Spikey
11-17-2007, 11:03 AM
Chrislt8 had a terrific suggestion, which I copied and has worked really well:

"I like the new case that comes with the Harmony needles much better than the black binder - that was just so bulky in my knitting bag and I just never liked it. The new case is is not glamorous by any means (just clear vinyl) but I have both my harmony tips and options tips in the little pockets, separated by size, going around the inside of the bag (each pocket holds both sets of one size of tips easily). I took the one-pocket sleeves from the Options case and cut off the part that has the holes for the binder - put my cables into them separated for each length, and those, along with my needle guage, fits in the center of the bag. Much more streamlined - and much lighter to carry around! Wish it was "pretty" - but the clear vinyl is nice in that you can see at a glance what tips are there. Overall IMO :thumbsup:"

lucky_alf2
11-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Thanks for all the insight and suggestions! You guys are great!!!