PDA

View Full Version : New Knit Picks Catalogue

auburnchick
11-17-2007, 05:47 PM
Have y'all received the new KP catalogue? Mine came in the mail today, and I am :inlove: the hat, glove, and scarf patterns!!!!

Gosh...I cannot wait for my school term to be OVER! I plan on knitting my little heart out during Christmas!!!!

Lady Violet
11-17-2007, 05:59 PM
i got it, but i haven't gotten a chance to look all the way through it yet. i've been experimenting with a stitch pattern i want to incorporate into some fingerless gloves and i'm really excited about it. plus, i got a box from KP today (yep - a box, not an envelope - i have arrived! :teehee: ) with my harmony cable needles i need for several patterns (including the one i mentioned). i've been busy petting them. my are they SMOOTH! :mrgreen:

boo1
11-17-2007, 06:56 PM
I have ordered from them, so I sure hope I get one soon! (Like I don't have enough WIPs and WIMs.....)

Laura

starburst
11-17-2007, 06:58 PM
does KP charge for their catalogs? I know some places do...

suzeeq
11-17-2007, 07:01 PM
No they're free. Go to the website and request one, or give them a call if you don't want another login.

Quiltlady
11-17-2007, 07:04 PM
I love how they changed the format of their catalogs. They are doing a wonderful job now. :muah:

Indygirl
11-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I have it & I have looked through it. It looks like a great time to buy a few knitting books. Save 32 & 34% off. they are like yarn, Ya just can't have enough :woot:

auburnchick
11-17-2007, 07:47 PM
I love how they changed the format of their catalogs. They are doing a wonderful job now. :muah:

Yes...they are really doing a great job. I love the tips they include in the center of the catalogue each month.

BTW, once you start ordering regularly, you'll start getting the catalogues. So, place about three or four orders, and you'll be set to go. :teehee:

Oh, did you see the sock samplers on the back? :p

Lisa_H-Town
11-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Haven't got my new one yet, but what I love about them, is not only do you get to look at all the wonderful stuff, but they always include helpful information! I read it from cover to cover!

Doublereeder2
11-18-2007, 09:10 AM
I ordered the sock yarn sampler.... (guess that was an older catalogue?) and the yarns are NICE!!!

knitncook
11-18-2007, 11:41 AM
I am so in love with the mittens on page 23 (of the HOliday 2007 catalog) The only problem is that they are in a book and I just have a hard time purchasing a book to get one pattern. :( I may have to see if I can find the book at the bookstore to see if I like it first. If I find several patterns in there I'd order it, but $20+ for one pattern just hurts!

auburnchick
11-18-2007, 11:54 AM
I am so in love with the mittens on page 23 (of the HOliday 2007 catalog) The only problem is that they are in a book and I just have a hard time purchasing a book to get one pattern. :( I may have to see if I can find the book at the bookstore to see if I like it first. If I find several patterns in there I'd order it, but $20+ for one pattern just hurts!

Why don't you buy the book, get the pattern(s) you want, then sell the book here or on Ebay. You'll recoup most of your cost and be able to share the book with another knitter.

ChristyH
11-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I ordered one of those sock samplers. The warm one and it was beautiful. They put the wrong multi one in and someone said if I call they will send me the right one for free and allow me to keep the wrong on. They did. great customer service!

ChristyH
11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
I ordered the sock yarn sampler.... (guess that was an older catalogue?) and the yarns are NICE!!!

Which sampler did you get? I bought the warm one.;)

knitncook
11-18-2007, 12:07 PM
Why don't you buy the book, get the pattern(s) you want, then sell the book here or on Ebay. You'll recoup most of your cost and be able to share the book with another knitter.
Well that would take coordination and motivation. And I hoard books, so it would be hard to get rid of even if I never knit anything from it again KWIM? I May see if I can get it through bookmooch or half.com. Ya never know.

suzeeq
11-18-2007, 12:27 PM
You could see if your library has it, or can get it on interlibrary loan.

knitncook
11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
You could see if your library has it, or can get it on interlibrary loan.

Apparently I'm banned from my library. Seems as though someone with the same name as me (different address, different social, different driver's number, etc etc etc) never returned 25 books. For some reason everytime I've tried to fight it they tell me there is nothing they can do. The computer thinks I'm the same person. I can't even get library cards for my kids, which they offered to do because the system again tried to link them to the other Michelle. It's yet one more reason I want to MOVE! I miss the library. :(

janettle
11-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I can't even get library cards for my kids, which they offered to do because the system again tried to link them to the other Michelle. It's yet one more reason I want to MOVE! I miss the library. :(
Dear Knitncook, I feel for you. I too would feel incredibly frustrated if I was unfairly banned from library access. I used to live in a small town with a tiny one-room library, so I had to get creative about providing children's books for my kids. Here are some ideas:
- Perhaps another county library system may have a different computer system that won't flag your application for a card? I think most counties will allow you to pay some nominal non-resident fee and join their library system. Once you join any of that county's libraries, you can usually use the card anywhere in that county.
- Alternatively, there are some online libraries these days, but they only have electronic versions of books.

Good luck! I do hope a solution appears for you soon!

janettle
11-18-2007, 03:18 PM
oh, I forgot another idea I used -- universities often have courtesy memberships to their libraries for local residents -- you may be able to join the library of a local university.

Doublereeder2
11-18-2007, 04:15 PM
Which sampler did you get? I bought the warm one.;)

The one with the blues and purples - the cool one. Nice yarn!!! Great colors. I find I buy the majority of my sock yarn there.

:whistle:

aprildavis99
11-19-2007, 12:01 AM
:inlove:I am not so subtly hinting to my husband to get me all three sock samplers. My favorite is the blues, but I really like the neutral also. The warm is a stretch out of my normal color ranges so it could be fun. :inlove:
Now lets see if my husband not too thick to get the hints.:teehee:

suecq
11-19-2007, 07:50 AM
I mark my catalogue. I check all the items I have. That avoids duplicates. Then I write "WANY" on all the items I want. I write the number of skeins in addition to want on the yarn. That way my husband can look at the catalogue any time and know what to get me.

ChristyH
11-19-2007, 08:36 AM
I cirled stuff in my last catalog and gave it to the relatives for ideas for me for Christmas and I know I wish I had the catalog back. I ended up giving away two marked up catalogs. Hopefully the latest will show up very soon.

knitncook
11-19-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the ideas on libraries. The next county over is a stretch of a drive for me, we do have a college and uni, I'll have to check on their general patron policies. They have both been cutting back on services to non-students lately because of deep funding cuts by the state :( The gymnastic's program my middle child was in was drastically impacted and they lost the karate program completely that my son was enjoying. The cost on the homeschool PE days doubled this fall, too. It's really sad. I wouldn't be surprised if ILL (Interlibrary Loan) has become a fee based program :(

I gave my dh the password to my stash at KH. I go in and add the things I want from the catalogs so he can view them at work or in his leisure time (if he ever finds any of that!) He also wants a pair of those lovely mittens, because he likes how wide they are at the cuff. So maybe that will be the motivtion for him to buy "me" the book ;)

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I haven't received my catalog yet.. but, it sounds like a good one. I've only received a few catalogs so far- but, I find that I can't throw them away yet. I still like to look through the old ones. ;)

jenlee
11-19-2007, 10:50 AM
I circled stuff for the holidays too. I liked the natural sock sampler, Icircled some harmony dpns and a size 7 16 inch circular , some books and other little things. I thought the little sweater keychain was pretty cute!:)

aprildavis99
11-19-2007, 04:00 PM
I haven't received my catalog yet.. but, it sounds like a good one. I've only received a few catalogs so far- but, I find that I can't throw them away yet. I still like to look through the old ones. ;)
Me too!!! :teehee: :teehee:

jodstr2
11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
:inlove: the samplers on the back cover look yummy. I might treat myself to the Harmony cable needles, and a couple skeins of Essential. ooh, I think I need a couple more sizes of metal DPNs too... :teehee: