PDA

View Full Version : Purl stitch question..

ClarasMommy
11-17-2007, 08:36 PM
Ok, I noticed when I do purl stitch twice in a row I get like Vs and then after the Vs it looks like knit stitch. If you keep doing a purl stitch, is it suppose to be completely flat with Vs or is there a small knit row that pops up?

Does that make sense? Does anyone have a picture of what a pure purling looks like? I want to make sure I am doing it right.

Thanks

knitgal
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
If you just purl it will look like garter stitch (knitting every row). When you pull it apart a little, you're right, it does have little v's, but the rows of stitching are the bumps. It doesn't matter whether you knit every row or purl every row, it will look the same. If you knit one row, and then purl the next, you get stockinette stitch, which I'm sure you know!

redwitch
11-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Purling looks the same as knitting on the wrong side. (back of knit = front of purl and v.v.: they are the same stitch but you can make it from one side or the other. When you make it from the flat side it is called a knit stitch, when made from the bumpy side it is a purl stitch.)

Pure purling - do you mean purling every row? That looks the same as knitting every row, you get garter stitch.