PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me??

Beating_Earth
11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I am a new knitter and am looking for a fairly simple pattern. I have looked at a few web pages but I dont have the proper needles for the patterns. I know I could probably get the pattern to work but I want stick to the patterns until I am more proficient.
I have a pair of size 8 US needles and a large skein of varigated worsted weight yarn. Any idea on what I can make or where to find a pattern???
Thanks in advance.
Misha

starburst
11-18-2007, 12:15 AM
depends on what you want to make. I would try going to www.knittingpatterncentral.com and looking around. I was definitely once in the position where I only had size 8 needles and felt v. confined.

I suggest trying hats to start out with

Beating_Earth
11-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks Ill take a peek there. To be honest I dont know what I want to make. What would be a good next set of needles to get?? Im kind of thinking about a larger set of cables so that I can maybe try a blanket of some kind.

starburst
11-18-2007, 05:52 AM
well, 8s are a good needle to have because they're used with worsted weight and worsted weight is fairly common for things like hats and scarves (and any number of other things). I would suggest finding a pattern that you like and getting the needles that it calls for.

Once you are sure that knitting is a good hobby for you, I would suggest getting an interchangable needle set like the denise interchangables or the Knitpicks options.

rosefields
11-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Depending on how much yarn you have, either a hat or a scarf would be quick and relatively easy. The scarf would probably be the easiest.
Good luck! Glad you are on your way to becoming a knitter!:hug:

suzeeq
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
The patterns on thedailyknitter.com are listed by needle size, you might find something there.