PDA

View Full Version : What have you lost recently?

boo1
11-18-2007, 09:50 AM
Me: 2 pricey hanks of LSU-dyed wool, a Bryspun circular needle, one pair of straight aluminum needles, and all motivation to clean house.

GinnyG
11-18-2007, 09:52 AM
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most :wink:

boo1
11-18-2007, 09:55 AM

Who needs a mind? You have stash and a really cute dog! :heart:

bip
11-18-2007, 10:55 AM

I probably would too, but apparently my mind took my memory with it!

I lost 2 skeins of a really pretty colorway of Noro, a set of DPNs and my grandmother's cable needle last October on a flight to Las Vegas (for work, folks :)) I wouldn't mind so much because I don't care for Noro anyway, and was able to replace it with Karaoke that I like better. The cable needle was really just a Boye, so even though it was a bit sentimental, its replacement has taken on the sentimental value of "the cable needle the LV LYS lady gave me to replace the one from my grandma that I lost." And I like my replacement DPNs a bit better than the ones I lost.

The only problem is that before the flight I was in a huge hurry, so I just cut the page with the pattern out of the book. I planned to tape it back in when I got back, but now it is gone forever. I have been meaning to go to the library to photocopy that page, but it has fallen pretty far down my To Do list by now...

knitncook
11-18-2007, 11:16 AM
I envy those of you that lose SETS of needles. I tend to only lose 1 needle. I've lost several different size 1 and 2 dpn's (fortunately I do have extras, but in different lengths from breaking them and replacing them) and 1 of my KP size 7 Options needles. Not both, just the one needle.

Oh and I lose count all the time. Does that qualify?

bip
11-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Well, I lost 4 out of 5 of my set of DPNs. I still have that one bachelor needle hanging around to remind me what a dope I am. Luckily my grandma gave me a set of 4 metal DPNs of the same size (total coincidence), so I keep them in the package together.

brendajos
11-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Me: 2 pricey hanks of LSU-dyed wool, a Bryspun circular needle, one pair of straight aluminum needles, and all motivation to clean house.

Oddly, the purple half of two skeins of yarns meant for a soaker for the baby of an LSU fan. Now I am suspicious that someone is going around stealing stuff to keep people from knitting LSU themed things. And worried that I haven't seen the Malabrigo that I bought to replace it since I have been working diligently on another project. :??

boo1
11-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Oddly, the purple half of two skeins of yarns meant for a soaker for the baby of an LSU fan. Now I am suspicious that someone is going around stealing stuff to keep people from knitting LSU themed things.

Makes sense-they're jealous because we have the number 1 ranked football team! :woot:

And worried that I haven't seen the Malabrigo that I bought to replace it since I have been working diligently on another project. :??

Oh, I would tear up over some missing Malabrigo! :cry:

Jan in CA
11-18-2007, 01:07 PM

Ditto. :teehee:

The.Knitter
11-18-2007, 01:24 PM

I have to agree. My mind is the one thing I can't seem to live without. However, having said that, I am a relatively organized person so I haven't lost any knitting accessories, probably because I usually knit in my "home office" so if I am looking for something it is usually there.

That leaves me with finding my mind. Has anyone seen it kicking around here? It's kind of grey and mushy looking and will probably be somewhere on the floor.... maybe it fell out last time I was pulling my hair out over a pattern!

Indygirl
11-18-2007, 01:30 PM
Not to rain on this thread. I lost a very dear companion this year. Ginger was a very sweet dog.
I am also trying to find a hat I made for a friends DGD. I just finished the cowl to go with it and now I can't locate the hat :grrr: I guess we all have days like that.

knitncook
11-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Awww! Was she a King Charles Spaniel? She looks absolutely adorable with that soft face and silky ears! I'm sorry for your loss.

SabrinaJL
11-18-2007, 04:59 PM
and all motivation to clean house.
I would agree with you there, but I suppose you can't lose something you never actually had. And I REALLY should be cleaning too.

boo1
11-18-2007, 05:06 PM
I would agree with you there, but I suppose you can't lose something you never actually had. And I REALLY should be cleaning too.

You're right! I never DID want to clean the house! So that's one thing I *haven't* lost!

Thanks for the positive input!

:)

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-18-2007, 05:47 PM
My couch eats my knitting stuff all the time. I can sit somedown on the couch coushion for one minute.. come back and it's gone. Every so often, I lift up the couch and have a broom in one hand and try to sweep the various items that have fallen down through the coushions to the floor.

My couch can only be moved this way-- furniture pins it in -- in my tiny LR. So, I leave things for awhile.. then, get all 'superhero' and lift up one end of the couch while trying to sweep items that I can't even see w/ a broom in the other hand.

brendajos
11-18-2007, 08:09 PM
Oh, I would tear up over some missing Malabrigo! :cry:
Okay you totally made that looked like i was hootin' and hollerin' over LSU being number 1... I didn't even do that when I LIVED in Baton Rouge...lol

lostchyld
11-18-2007, 11:03 PM
I've lost a pattern for a sweater I've been working on, read ignoring, for a year. Of course, I think I lost the thing on purpose so I had a decent excuse to frog the sweater and make something I'll actually wear. I've also lost my crochet hook equivalent to US 3 needles. That's either in or under the sofa, though, so I'm writing it off for now.

boo1
11-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Okay you totally made that looked like i was hootin' and hollerin' over LSU being number 1... I didn't even do that when I LIVED in Baton Rouge...lol

GEAUX TIGERS! :woohoo:

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
11-18-2007, 11:39 PM
where did you get the LSU Yarn? I have a couple friends who are HUGE fans (it's one of their alma maters)

i THOUGHT i'd lost one of my size 3 dpn's...

found it in the van.

Jeremy
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Among other things, my sanity, my sense of proportion but, fortunately, not my sense of humor. Where do you live in Louisiana. My father's family was from Natchitoches.

jess_hawk
11-19-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm proud to say I am still in possession of my mind! I have, however, lost one size 4 needle, the battery chargers for BOTH my cameras, and my motivation to do homework...

gingerbread
11-19-2007, 08:01 AM

Missing my mind can't miss what I sometimes don't have. What I do miss is my book " Socks soar on Two circular Needles." Oh well have to go and get another one so I can find the first one.:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard:

Momto G B and H
11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Let's see.......I lost 1 of a set of 5 DPN's that I use regularly (I can probably live without it) and my purple Haiku bag. That kills me. I have NO idea where it might be, and it was my favorite knitting bag.

mrslevite
11-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Last week, DH went into a yarn and fiber shop with me and thought I had totally lost control. Little does he know how well I maintained my control. :teehee:

samm
11-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Two of my beautiful little wooden dpns. You'd think I'd remember that the first one went down the crack of the deck boards. I should only knit with huge needles out there! Oh well, it has company. Myriad stitch counters are down there too! ;) And I bought brand new swing needles to try. Hand made in Nova Scotia beautiful wooden needles. And while I left the room for a moment the cat knocked them off the table and the dog chewed them. So sad. samm

cindycactus
11-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Ditto. And because of this I had two sets of my good earrings in a zipped pocket of my purse. I went to get them and one of each pair is gone. I just can't imagine how they got out of there but I swear I don't remember taking them out. I guess I will just keep looking. They have to be here somewhere.:doh::think:

boo1
11-19-2007, 06:44 PM
at least one skein of FdC wool and 3 skeins of a yarn I bought to make a lacy garter stitch scarf on oversized needles. Dang it!

Unfortunately, I haven't lost my appetite... :shifty: