PDA

View Full Version : Knitted Boots - need help with sole...

Arya
11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I just bought some great knitted boots, and now I'd like to make my own. I have some pictures here. It's knit flat from 3 pieces, a sole, front and back (I think...), and most of it is in intarsia knitting.

Alternatively, it could be knit in the round, but then I don't know how to go about the sole...

Problem though - each piece is nicely rounded (the front piece at the toe, the back piece at the heel, and the sole at each side). The outer 3 stitches curve in as the pattern decreases, and then these stitches seem to connect in neat little half circle - How would I do this?

Also, I was wondering how to do the wonderful 2-colour alternating bind-off.

I've never made anything not from a pattern. Any help is much appreciated!

:knitting:

Arya
11-18-2007, 02:19 PM
(Oh, and I'm posting in this section because if I can figure out how to make these boots, I'll post the pattern when I'm done :) )

The.Knitter
11-18-2007, 02:52 PM
(Oh, and I'm posting in this section because if I can figure out how to make these boots, I'll post the pattern when I'm done :) )

I'd love to have a copy of this pattern when you have it all figured out, please!

Also, I am knitting an all-in-one for a baby. It has rounded feet at the bottom. Here's how they do it...

Cast on the required amount of stitches.

Row 1: Purl across.
Row 2: K2, m1, k1, m1, knit to last five stitches, m1, k1, m1, k2.
Row 3: Purl across.
Row 4: K2, m1, k3, m1, knit to last seven stitches, m1, k3, m1, k2.
Row 5: Purl across.
Row 6: K2, m1, k5, m1, knit to last nine stitches, m1, k5, m1, k2.
Row 7: Purl across.
Row 8: K2, m1, k7, m1, knit to last eleven stitches, m1, k7, m1, k2.
Row 9: Purl across.
Row 10: K2, m1, k9, m1, knit to last thirteen stitches, m1, k9, m1, k2.

This give each side a nice rounded edge.

Good luck.

Arya
11-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks! I'll be sure to send you the pattern when it's done!

And thanks for the tip - but one problem... That would orient the rounded edges on either side, not on the top and bottom, which is really what I need...

So, basically it would be great if someone could post an increase/decrease pattern that would round out the start/end of a 30 stitch wide piece of flat knitting.... I know it's a little specific, but that would be ideal.

Arya
11-21-2007, 01:47 AM
Guess what I found!!

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kwe-socks.html

That's basically it... I haven't looked it over much, so when I have time I can work out the fair isle pattern and how that'd fit in...