PDA

View Full Version : Need to go on a no-buy, starting......?

boo1
11-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Anyone want to try? I have one teensy order I want to place and then, I'm done until I finish the WIMs and the WIPs I have going on. Or at least no more buying until the end of the year?

I need support! :oo:

Indygirl
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
:think: I thought about it for about 30 sec's. Sorry I don't think I'm ready for that. Do they have a patch for this addiction? :teehee:
I forgot to say that a friend and I are going on a LYS run next week. We will be hitting about 4 stores. My bad.

alleusion
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm right there with you! I've got so many projects already on needles and so so many floating around my head that my fingers are already mentally casting on the next one before I'm even halfway through the first. I think I need professional help.

boo1
11-18-2007, 09:37 PM
:think: I thought about it for about 30 sec's. Sorry I don't think I'm ready for that. Do they have a patch for this addiction? :teehee:

The scientists are working on the patch but the AKA (American Knitting Association) is lobbying hard against the further development of this project.

boo1
11-18-2007, 09:47 PM
No yarns unless they are on sale or discontinued (in which case, you HAVE to buy)......

Just trying to do a few baby steps here!:wink:

holamiis
11-18-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm with you on that.. I just organized my stash and I've got so many projects that I want to do so let me know when you fall off the wagon and then I can too!

alleusion
11-18-2007, 10:49 PM
No yarns unless they are on sale or discontinued (in which case, you HAVE to buy)......

Just trying to do a few baby steps here!:wink:

Well, if it's on sale, you HAVE to buy something. I mean that's in the knitter's handbook, it's like....law.

boo1
11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I placed an order tonight ONLY because (okay, I could have improvised) my LYS didn't have all of the DB Pure Cotton that I needed for my baby blanket. I had the light blue and the mint.....

And I DID say after one teensy order.....

Okay, I vow to try very hard not to buy any yarn, one day at a time. I should make it through tomorrow.....

:grphug:

msmelody
11-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I have to buy the yarn to DH's work scarf then I am done buying until at least 2/3 of my stash is gone. I love yarn, but I like getting dressed in the morning and the yarn is covering all the clothes. I AM IN.

Debbie
11-19-2007, 06:45 AM
"The scientists are working on the patch but the AKA (American Knitting Association) is lobbying hard against the further development of this project."
I saw the article about this new patch and apparently there is also some opposition from Congress regarding the economic impact it would have on our country. It went on to say that these scientists have absolutely no regard for the mental health of knitters and the long term consequences could be devastating.

boo1
11-19-2007, 10:06 AM
"The scientists are working on the patch but the AKA (American Knitting Association) is lobbying hard against the further development of this project."
I saw the article about this new patch and apparently there is also some opposition from Congress regarding the economic impact it would have on our country. It went on to say that these scientists have absolutely no regard for the mental health of knitters and the long term consequences could be devastating.

The first intelligent comments to come out of our Congress in some time......:teehee:

sinistral_needler
11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
I'm IN! I need to use my stash and get some of my UFO's done.

Skater
11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I've been on a no-buy for at least six months, and I'm loving the fact that I'm using up my stash (it's good stuff). It helps to take it out and look at it, feel it - just like you would at an LYS.
You can do it! :thumbsup:
I'm with you.

bip
11-19-2007, 11:14 AM

How about if they are for sale? Can I buy then?

This reminds me of the stashies project we started at the beginning of the year. That was this year, right? I've never bought more new yarn in my life, lol. It's like a diet, the minute you think you can't, you MUST.

The good news is that at some point you will actually run out of money and credit and things you can sell, and then you will find yourself able to quit buying yarn, lol.

feministmama
11-19-2007, 11:18 AM

:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::roflhard: :roflhard:

GiddyKnitter
11-19-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm OUT!! Buying yarn is my only vice .... Well it's the only one im telling you about ha ha

boo1
11-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Yarn Harlot book; I've only read two thus far.

:wink:

mommie*3
11-19-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm still new to knitting (2 months or so) but I must say I have cought the bug bad. I'm glad to know I'm not in this alone. I took all my yarn and spread it over my king sized bed and filled every inch of it. I had to hurry and put it away before my husband came in.

What would he think? He dosn't know how often I shop for yarn. But it's not a problem, I can stop anytime I want to......right?:hiding:

Indygirl
11-19-2007, 08:04 PM
That's right but who WANT'S to. ;)

rachejm
11-20-2007, 07:23 AM
I could manage until the 19th Dec but as that will be my bday and my friends are taking me shopping and for the first time in months I will have money that I don't have to budget I don't think the resolution not to buy yarn would last the day!