PDA

View Full Version : knitters gift

cara
11-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi all,

I am in a gift swap with some fellow knitters. I drew the name of a gal who is a new knitter, but very smart and has already done cables and other challenging items.
I would like to get her a book for Christmas, but I don't know what would be a good one.
I thought that the vogue stitchionary volume 1 would be a good one but I don't own it so am not sure.

Any suggestions you can offer would be great. :)

Cara

knitgal
11-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Do you know if she owns any knitting books already? Personally my first book was Stitch n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller, and I found it easy to read, and really fun. I also really like the Yarn Harlot books for beginners as they don't have patterns per se, but "recipes" that you can be creative with.

knitncook
11-19-2007, 11:37 AM
The stitchionary books are wonderful. If she is interested in cables, maybe something from that line. What is her current interest? Knitpicks has a bunch of books on sale right now. But you would never go wrong with a Stitionary!

Nobones
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I agree with stitch guide book, I'm looking for a decent one of those. What about 'The Knitters Bible', good instuctions and good projects with a stitch libary at the back?

angelalynn114
11-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi Cara,

I found these knitting designs on cafepress and love them. I have given tote bags, t-shirts and mugs as gifts and have a few stickers, magnents and t-shitrts myself.

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/hollyb.biz

Hope that helps!

Angela

cara
11-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks ladies. I will check out a few of the Yarn Harlot books as well as some stuff on that website. my friend doesn't have any knitting books yet, but myself and another one of our good friends have a lot between us so I don't want to double up on our combined library.. hehehe. :)