PDA

View Full Version : If you could knit *and* ....

knitncook
11-19-2007, 11:35 AM
do something else, what would it be? For instance I work for a call center out of my home and there are some days (like today) when the call volume is low and I will knit between calls. But other days the call volume is so heavy that I wish I could knit while I took calls. I need my hands to type in information, so have to set my knitting down. If I could only have an extra set of hands to knit with at the same time :)

Oh and I wish I could walk and knit at the same time, but that would be very dangerous for the walking challenged (I trip over my own two feet!)

Sissy
11-19-2007, 11:51 AM
I want to knit and walk ,so I can make progress and get my exercise.....................:teehee:

GiddyKnitter
11-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I would like to knit and read a book at the same time! Oh and knit and eat Maltesers!!!

knitgal
11-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I wish I could...knit and read, knit and take notes in class, knit and cook, knit and clean, knit and walk, knit in the car (makes me nauseous), and the number one thing I wish I could do...knit and SLEEP.

MrsDavis3
11-19-2007, 01:12 PM
I also wish I could knit while doing some kind of exercise...anything that would burn calories.

vaknitter
11-19-2007, 01:24 PM
I wish I could knit and keep an eye on the puppy !!! She wears me out following her up and down the stairs and hallway dragging everything back to the living room with her. If I could keep her entertained and knit at the same time I would get a lot more knitting done.

bethany
11-19-2007, 02:12 PM
ah--was just thinking about this topic this morning! Knit and drink coffee and watch the 1 and 3 year old. And not mess up!

lelvsdgs
11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
I wish I could knit an be on the computer... I have to make a choice and it's a drag. I wish I could knit at work but I think it would be frowned upon. However, I have to work Christmas Eve and it will be deadly slow, I am bringing my knitting....:happydance:

alleusion
11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I would like to be able to knit and work on the computer. Granted I don't do alot, but if I'm surfing patterns or techniques, or chatting with friends on MSN, I have to put the knitting down. It's a pain.

madametj
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
I also wish I could knit while doing some kind of exercise...anything that would burn calories.
ah, but you can! Step on pedal feet (http://www.wdrake.com/WalterDrake/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Personal+Care+%26+Apparel&SCID=Weight+Loss+%26+Exercise&ProductID=1018464&SiteNum=0) while you knit to keep your blood flowing, or see if you can concentrate on both knitting and working the pedal cycle (http://www.wdrake.com/WalterDrake/Shopping/ProductDetail.aspx?CID=Personal+Care+%26+Apparel&SCID=Weight+Loss+%26+Exercise&ProductID=1006605&SiteNum=0) to burn a few more calories.

I've been meaning to get one of these!

chiricahuagal
11-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I work for a call center out of my home

Me too! but the only time I've been able to knit easily has been for an email client (when there were no emails), not a phone client. For my phone client, when it's slow I surf here!

While knitting, I iPod/audio books. Like crazy - I'm going through audio books and socks like there's no tomorrow. I actually am out of yarn - I counted up my socks and have way more than I needed for Christmas gifts - so now I can knit for me!

cara
11-19-2007, 02:48 PM
If I could knit and sleep that would be ideal. I'd go to bed 2 hours earlier every night instead of staying up until midnight to get some extra knitting in during my busy day!

lostchyld
11-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Knitting and sleeping sounds good. I'd have the scarves finished by now. Knitting while playing Guild Wars would also be nice. I've hit another "Must game" mindset and my knitting is being set aside for it. Only I haven't finished my most recent knitting binge, so my hands get confused and my poor character doesn't know what to do when the mouse thinks it's a needle... :rofl:

Ingrid
11-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Drive?:shifty:

I do miss reading, though. . . .

inkaholic
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I used to want to be able to knit and eat at the same time, but now I'm fine with it because it helps me catch up with my reading while I eat (I'm a quick reader.) I wish I could read and knit. Audiobooks just don't do it for me; I like to read, and I feel like I'm neglecting my reading lately. Today was the first time of my life ever when I went into a bookstore and did not buy anything, and I spent most of the time there looking at knitting books. Help, I'm addicted! :aww:

Poopie
11-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Knitncook I wish I could predict the call volume so I know which project to whip out for the night!! Tonight it's definitely a slow night. oh oh one time I asked if anyone was knitting or crocheting between calls and I got an "uhh no Rachael"

Knitting_Guy
11-20-2007, 01:30 AM
My answer wouldn't be appropriate for a family friendly forum. :cool:

Debkcs
11-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Wish I could knit around the little darling who is my avatar. She's only 16 m.o., and seems not to be able to leave my yarn alone. "No" = a challenge to her.

DQ
11-20-2007, 07:13 AM
I vote for knitting and exercise. I really really need to exercise more but my knitting won't let me! :shifty:

rachejm
11-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Knitting and studying would be good! I can't knit without looking cos I make too many mistakes so I either get too caught up in the knitting or have to force myself to put the knitting down and read the book/notes/website.

I tend to opt for the knitting, unless I have a deadline looming.

Ronda
11-20-2007, 07:25 AM
knit and exercise

knitncook
11-20-2007, 09:10 AM
I actually am out of yarn - I counted up my socks and have way more than I needed for Christmas gifts - so now I can knit for me!

OK, I want to work for YOUR company! I'm never that unbusy! :) Where do I sign up? LOL!! Congrats on getting to knit for YOU!

Ypsi
11-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I would love to be able to knit and nurse my baby, but I just don't have enough arms! Plus now that he's 10mo, he's try to grab/eat/fling it.

I'd also love to knit in church, but not sure if that would be rude.

mommydearest
11-20-2007, 11:06 AM
I vote for knit and read. Although I do listen to audiobooks while knitting I need a fairly easy pattern to work on while listening. I finally picked up a book to read since it's due back at the library soon and now I can't put that down either.

Knitting and exercise would be good too, but I also tend to trip over my own feet.

Mary

K1Frog2
11-20-2007, 11:38 AM
Try riding a semi-recumbent excersize bike. I can knit and do this at the gym. I do get some weird looks, though.

mommydearest
11-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Try riding a semi-recumbent excersize bike. I can knit and do this at the gym. I do get some weird looks, though.
I have actually thought to bring my knitting with me to the gym but wasn't sure how well that would work out so I just bring an audiobook or a regular book.

LilHuskiesFootBallMom
11-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Knit and do both my house and homework at the same time...

one always seems to suffer :(