PDA

View Full Version : NEED mitten pattern for 11 mos baby

chee7e
11-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Hi all,

I've been searching the internet high and low for a mitten pattern to make for my niece who is 11 mos. Potentially I'd like to make her something that would grow with her this year so probably a 1-2year old pattern that I can do in the round.

I found one promising pattern but it was knit on two needles. Worse come to worse I can convert it, but I'd rather try a pattern that someone else has done.

I was hoping to make the knittens by thanksgiving so I really need your help!

Thanks in advance!
Sasha
ps. I've included her pic for inspiration!

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-19-2007, 06:06 PM
She's adorable. How about just some knitted tubes and attach icord or single crochet strings to them-- to go in her coat sleeves? I can't even imagine how hard it would be to put her little thumbs in the thumb places on a pair of mittens! :D

AND, I doubt that they'd actually end up being in the little thumb holes anyway?

Measure her wrist, width of hand around, length of hand open.. and add a little to it.. add a ribbed cuff .. do a little lincreasing for the width of her hand part.. ??

THIS is what I made for a baby born last DEC.. and I didn't get to take any measurements- I just guessed and they worked fine.. of course, he's now too big to wear them this year.