PDA

View Full Version : My knitting pace has plummetted

starburst
11-19-2007, 01:48 PM
For the past few days I've begun to feel a bit sick, but I woke up this morning and I knew that I wasn't just sick, I had the mother of all colds. I've been knitting to try and keep my mind off of my scratchy throat, runny nose and all around icky feeling, but I am knitting slower than molasses.

The pattern that I am working on required k2, p2 on the last 4 stitches and I got really frustrated because I only had 3 stitches left, so I counted back to see where I messed up, but I couldn't find the mistake, so I went back to those last three stitches to find that there were, in fact, 4 stitches waiting on the left needle! So I stitched them up only to discover that I p2,k2'd em instead of k2, p2. ugh. I think my mind is turning to mush!

knitncook
11-19-2007, 02:05 PM
You would think that something as soothing as knitting would be less stressful when you are sick. I hope that you get over this very quickly and can get back to serious knitting. Pour a cup of hot tea and put on a good movie. then maybe pick up an easy project like a garter stitch dish cloth! :)

GiddyKnitter
11-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Drink plenty of fluids and keep warm. Hope your feeling better very soon x

starburst
11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
well, now I know I'm tired. I just woke up from a nap to find that instead of working on my project with size 8s, I had some how attached a size 8 and a 9. I knew it was looking a little saggy...

CountryKitty
11-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Poor thing! The grogginess and lethargy is your body's way of saying it needs all it's energy to fight the cold. Just rest and watch lots of knitty gritty, flip thru' your knitting books nad mags or a site or two, and rest. Your knitting will be there when your body can spare you a bit more energy.