PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Knitch!

Silver
11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Mom and I went to Atlanta for the weekend to visit my sister. Sister knits too so on Saturday we went to Knitch... only the coolest yarn shop in Atlanta!

And the most amzing thing happened. I was showing one of the ladies my knit/purl tattoo and she says OH! Is this the knit/purl ambigram tattoo? Ive heard of you! A friend sent me the picture!
:shock:

I'm FAMOOSE!! :teehee:

Oh yeah.. heres the loot:

http://www.cometosilver.com/knit/misc/image/425/DSC01095.JPG

http://www.cometosilver.com/knit/misc/image/425/DSC01096.JPG

Pink + Cashmere = OMG I COULD DIE.

http://www.cometosilver.com/knit/misc/image/425/DSC01097.JPG

Yes, that's Stephanie's signature. She wasn't there, but they still had autographed books left over from her visit in September.:woohoo:

rissa
11-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Oooooh that cashmere looks divine! I'm sooo jealous! I'm nowhere near there, lol. Oh well, Glad you had a great time and nice haul!

The.Knitter
11-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Nice haul you got there. I am on the lookout for Yarn Harlot books now too. I think she lives in the next town over from me. There is a small yarn store in that town where she goes for a Free Knit session on Mondays. Maybe one Monday I will get there and get to meet her.

Anyways congrats on the fantastic shopping trip.

knitgal
11-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Ohhhhh, I love the Yarn Harlot! And that cashmere looks amazing. I have one of those sweater keychains too, they're adorable aren't they?

jjminarcik
11-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Great haul! I wasn't a knitter when I lived in Atlanta, but next time I go home, that will be the first place I go to!

That's cool about the tattoo! You are famous!! :notworthy:

lelvsdgs
11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
My daughter, who got her first tattoo on March after she turned 18, thinks your tattoo is so cool! Notice I said first, she is already saving up for the next one she wants...

kristinw
11-19-2007, 10:11 PM
ooooh, famoose!!! :cheering: How cool is that!? That cashmere is stunning!

wednesday
11-20-2007, 02:36 AM
Well that's another one for the list of places to go when I get to Atlanta, LOL. As it stands I think I would have to stay a week just to see all the places I want to go to.

Thank you for the recommendation

Debkcs
11-20-2007, 03:22 AM
So Kristen, what fab thing are you going to knit with that lovely cashmere, or are you just at the place where you're holding it to your cheek to get some good vibes?

unc_annie
11-20-2007, 11:05 AM
I live in Atlanta, and I love love love Knitch. So many beautiful yarns and everyone is so helpful and friendly. I'd be there every day if little things like my job didn't get in the way. ;)

Silver
11-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Thank you everyone. That is one super cool yarn shop. If you're ever in Atlanta, it's a MUST.

My daughter, who got her first tattoo on March after she turned 18, thinks your tattoo is so cool! Notice I said first, she is already saving up for the next one she wants...
Tattoos are an addiction. I have 6. My newest isn't even 2 months old and I'm already planning my 7th.. and 8th. :mrgreen:

So Kristen, what fab thing are you going to knit with that lovely cashmere, or are you just at the place where you're holding it to your cheek to get some good vibes?
I haven't decided yet, but something lacy for sure. Maybe something from KnitSpot.com or Victorian Lace Today. :inlove:

kemp
11-20-2007, 02:16 PM
Mmmmmmmm that yarn is divine! Can't wait to see what you do with it.