PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone in CO knit anymore?????

fibrenut
11-20-2007, 12:27 AM
:knitting: K, I've posted on the only two Colorado posts (they were actually quite old) and so far (it's been like 3 days I think maybe 2) and still no response.... hmmmmm. Makes ya wonder don't it?!?
I know you happy knitters are there somewhere. Come out, come out, wherever you are...........:hiding: I live in northeast Colorado and wonder if anyone on here is from like Sterling or Ft. Morgan or even the Greeley area. I know there has to be at least a couple of ya from the Front Range roamin round here somewhere..... c'mon ya'll I won't bite (too hard)....:mrgreen:

mtbchik
11-20-2007, 01:40 PM
I live in Telluride and know there are great knitters in the southwest. We even have a new yarn shop - Needlerock Fiber Arts.

Right now, I'm knitting a pair of socks (teaching the Magic Loop), a pair of pedicure socks (easy to teach with on bigger needles), felted placemats and a Lopi sweater for my husband.

I just finished a gorgeous angora short scarf for my niece. I'm sure she will love it!

:knitting:

fibrenut
11-20-2007, 01:58 PM
:cool: Way Kewl!!!!! Glad to meetcha!! It's nice to meet others from yer own state.
I am a little sad though,,,, (sigh) the closest LYS around here is in Denver (bout 90 miles west of me) and I don't get out of the county much. I do subscribe to the Boulder chapter of the SnB but can't go to any of the meetings because that is just really too far. Dangnabt!! But alas, thank gawd fer KP!! There's really no place round here to buy yarn, cept wallymart. and their selection is, well, to put it nicely, umm, all "wintuck n sayelle" n not much else!!
Right now I am working on my hubbinesses second sock made from KP's "gloss" and also have other sox waiting in the wings to be made with KP's "andean treasure". OMG isn't that stuff like knitting with silken poofiness?? How can you go back to knitting with acrylic after you've knit with that stuff. Dang I've gone n spoiled myself for normal yarn, haven't I? Sheesh!!:roflhard:
O well, It sure is nice, though, to meet someone that is relatively close by. Hope you guys get some more snow, is good for business ya know. It's been too friggen hot here lately, (It was like 84 degrees here yesterday, like, OMG) what is up with that?
Talk atcha all laters!! :)

desamara
11-28-2007, 01:12 PM
mmmmm mountains...

I live in the Denver area (Lakewood, right up near the foothills) with my husband and two cats. I love it here especially since I've got 2 good yarn shops within a 10 min drive. I'm so spoiled.

fibrenut
11-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Kewl Desamara,
Welcome to the party!!! I have a sis who lives in Arvada but I don't get up there too often.
Nice to meetcha!!!!:clink:

Jessi
01-13-2008, 11:41 PM
Desamara
I read your post and had to make sure I didn't post it! I live in NW Denver with my husband and 2 cats. I frequent Posh yarn boutique on 39th and Tennyson.

fibrenut
01-14-2008, 02:32 AM
Hiya Jessi n welcome to the party!!!!:clink: Colorado bulldogs fer everyone!!!! ( that's just a white russian topped off with cola).
I did manage to find an (L)YS a little closer to me in Sterling. Not so far to drive and it is a nice store. She even has some patterns on Ravelry, her store is "fiberspace" and she does have a website which is like kewl.
I did get some lonesome stone mountain feet sock yarn n hopefully I'll be able to make some sox with it soon enough. That is, after I get done with the projects at hand.
Right now I'm in the middle of finishing my pinwheel sweater from elann and a crocheted felted fedora, which I have to finish writing down so I can post it on my blog.
Yes, I know, I live out in BFE. But hey, we need culture as well. It sure is nice to actually meet some people, albeit, cybernetically, from yer own neck of the woods.
Thanks ya'll for posting.

KnitWit1987
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Hi guys, I live in Colorado Springs!

fibrenut
01-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Hiya KW87 n welcome to the party!!!:clink:
It's nice to know that there are other peeps in the neighborhood!!!!!:thumbsup:

tangle2007
02-03-2008, 03:19 AM
Hi! I'm in Denver!

fibrenut
02-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Hiya Tangle,
Nice to meetcha :hug: I saw that you joined the Any Sock KAL too!! Kewl:thumbsup: Them are a talkative and fun bunch of ladies on that one.
:balloons: More like a sock chatroom!!:roflhard:
What part of Denver do you live in? My sis lives in Aurora.

tangle2007
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Hi fibrenut!
I'm in the middle of the city--there seem to be lots of yarn stores around, but am still trying to find my favorite.
Yup, love the sock KAL so far! The socks . . . that's another matter. So frustrating :wall:, but I guess I should post about that in the KAL thread!

outdoordrea
02-06-2008, 11:01 PM
I live in Jamestown (Northwest of Boulder), but am currently staying in Northern NM.

fibrenut
02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Hiya Drea (got it right this time. LOL):thumbsup:
Nice to see another local face!!!:woot:

rxolive
02-07-2008, 04:33 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Bobbi and I live in Superior, Colorado by Flat Irons Mall, NW of Denver also in the foothills. It is way cold here lately don't you think? Good times to knit. I am brand new to knitting, married, 4 grown children, 1st grandbaby on the way in August, 1 dog (Charlie Bear), 1 cat (Nakita Marie), 1 gecko lizard (Lizzie). I love needlework, travel, reading, swimming and warm (not hot) weather and my work as a Radiographer. Hope you all can bring me up to speed as I just love all the creative yarns, designs & patterns. Working on my first EZ baby surprise jacket and having quite a time with it (I am getting frustrated with the lack of instruction).

Good to meet you all! My LYS is MewMews yarn shop in Louisville, CO

fibrenut
02-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Hiya Bobbi and welcome!!!:hug:
Hopefully we can share some of the projects we are workin on and maybe help each other out with probs or ask questions n stuff. I know there's an SnB group that meets up in Boulder at least twice a week (tuesdays n saturdays I believe) I joined the yahoo group but won't ever be able to go to any of the meetups. I live like out in BFE on the plains and am too far from anything in the Foothills to validate me driving up there. :waah:

Sheri
04-06-2008, 03:00 PM
I'm in nothern Colorado in Loveland which is near to Ft. Collins, Greeley, Estes, etc. We have a super yarn shop here called Woolen Treasures and Lambs Spun in Ft. Collins. My son and daughter-in-law live in Lakewood and we've visited some of the yarn stores in that area ... and yes, I've been to the one on Tennyson. Cute little shop. I'm making my first sweater called the Celtic Cardigan by Oat Couture with a wool/silk blend. Glad to know there is a yarn shop in Sterling as I likely will drive the short cut through that area to get to 1-80 for my trip back to Minnesota in May. You guys on the eastern plains really get that bad weather don't you!

fibrenut
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Hiya Sheri!!
Kewl, that you live on the Front Range there. Lotsa good stuff and lotsa LYS's there.
Where we live on the plains, on the I-76 corridor, the bad weather gets about as far as Wiggins hill and them splits off either north or south and we usually just end up getting teased!!! :roflhard: LOL!!!

Jamers
04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Hi All! My name is Jamie and I live in the Fort Collins, CO area. I am new to knitting. Well I have actually attempted to knit a few times in the past but always ended up frustrated and confused. I am determined to become a good knitter and to enjoy it! One of the reasons I want to knit is so that I can make socks. I love warm fuzzy socks!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

fibrenut
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Hiya Jamie!!!!!:hug: Welcome hun!!
Sox are soooo much fun, especially when you find a particular technique for doing them and then the variations from there are endless!!! Personally, I like doing them toe up either on double points or two circ needles.

Sheri
04-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Welcome Jamie. I live in north Loveland and have been knitting a few years and I like socks myself. I've only made a few pairs but enjoy knitting them on two circulars. My favorite yarn shop is Woolen Treasures in Loveland on 4th Street. Have you been there? She has great sock yarns!!!!!!!!!!! Thursday evenings from 6 to 8 or so is knit night. Come join us.

fiberlover
05-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I live Montrose Colorado been knitter for 9 years. Just started getting into spinning to make my own yarn and I am so excited.

fibrenut
05-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Hiya Fiberlover!!!:)
That is soooooo kewl!!!!!:woot: :clink:

Jamers
05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Are all Colorado knitters ok after the tornados? I sure hope that everybody is safe!

Sheri
05-22-2008, 09:53 PM
Loveland gal here .... believe it or not I heard about the weather from CNN - I'm in Rochester, MN visiting my daughter and family. I called my neighbor and asked her what was going on and she wasn't aware of what was going on, other than to say it had rained and hailed and was really dark outside. I told her to turn on CNN (LOL) and to keep her head down. Hope everyone else is ok. Sheri

fibrenut
05-23-2008, 12:35 AM
I am fine here hun, we had really (really) weird winds here today as well. Not a drop of rain. Just lots of wind and dust (bout 50 miles east of Greeley). But I did keep an eye on the clouds, they were looking mighty strange.
Yeah Windsor got the brunt of it. They were saying that it was almost a halfmile wide and multiple vortex type tornado. It wouldn't surprise me if it was category EF3 or EF4. They were also saying that it was on the ground for quite a while. Dang, it's getttin weird when big tornadoes are that close to the mountains ya know!!!:zombie: Laramie also got hit with a tornado too! I just heard too that there was one in Moreno Valley Ca today as well!! DANG DANG double DANG!! I swear mother nature is goin through menopause!!!

Jamers
05-23-2008, 01:11 PM
I am glad to hear that you guys are ok. We live in Wellington and had very little damage. Mostly just trees and fences down. We were without power until about 9:00 last night. But all of that is very minor compared to what the folks in Windsor are dealing with.

The sky sure was weird yesterday. I was watching the clouds while at work in Fort Collins and they were spooky. They were really dark and moving around in all different directions.

Have a good holiday weekend everybody!

tripletmomma
06-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Hello ladies! Noob here, I live 1/2 way to BFE :-P in Locbuie (NE of Brighton, technically in Weld co but just barely). I'm just learning to knit after more than 18yrs of crocheting (OMG counting the years makes me feel old suddenly) & I'm finding that knitting isn't as daunting as I thought it'd be -though I hanven't actually tried a project yet, just squares of practicing.
I have 3 crazy toddlers & don't get out much so I rely on the internet as my supply stores :teehee:

fibrenut
06-21-2008, 11:59 PM
Welcome tripletee!!!:hug: It's always nice to see others in the neighborhood joinin in!!:thumbsup:

kristaj
07-01-2008, 09:00 PM
I am so jealous of all of you in Colorado. I think I was meant to be born in the mountains, it always feels like I am coming home when we go on vacation. And speaking of vacation, we are heading to Estes Park the beginning of August. I doubt very seriously that I will be able to talk DH into more than one LYS, so what are your recommendations. I have a friend whose son lives in Fort Collins and she says that Lambspun must not be missed, but that is way out of our way and not sure DH will go for that. We will be camping in EP for 5 days and then on the return trip will stay two nights in Colorado Springs. Appreciate any suggestions, absolutely no LYS near me so am jumping at the bit to get to one.

fibrenut
07-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Hiya krista,
It is perty up in the mountains huh? Plan on riding the bike up there one of these days.
Yer going to Estes Park by way of I-25 I take it. Ft. Collins is just a few miles up further n I think that lambspun is on College (I think). They just had the fibre festival up in Estes last weekend. You should be able to find a decent LYS up there somewhere.

Sheri
07-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I live in Loveland and while I've been to My Sister Knits and Lambspun in Ft. Collins, my favorite shop is in Loveland and is called Woolen Treasures, which is in downtown Loveland. It's not far off from Eisenhower OR Highway 34 whichever you want to call it. I have shopped there for 4 years. I love Monika's products and I highly recommend her shop.

auburnchick
07-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello Colorado Knitters!

I am spearheading the West Coast Oddball Baby Blanket project (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81361) over in the Charity forum.

Please take a stroll over there and see if it's anything you would be interested in joining.

Don't worry if you're not into big commitments. This is the project for you!

The way it works is that each knitter knits 4" of a baby blanket, usually 90-100 stitches, using worsted or dk (depending on the blanket) weight, acrylic yarn. You can choose the pattern of your choice, keeping within the three stitch garter edging. Then, when you're done, you send the blanket to the next knitter, leaving the stitches on the needles. Everything travels together.

Each blanket takes about six knitters. You get two weeks to complete your portion. I've found it takes me only one evening...sometimes two.

If you'd like to join us, you can either send me a PM, or you can post a note in THIS (http://knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81361) thread. I'll watch for it, send you a request for more information, and then we're set to go.

Come join a worthwhile endeavor. You'll be blessed beyond your wildest imagination.

I look forward to hearing from you!

kova
07-19-2008, 03:49 AM
If I lived in Colorado for two years does that count? I likely will move back in January but I have a long trip planned before then. I never looked at Lambspun but I just I should check it out when I'm in the Fort Collins area.

nanc
11-03-2008, 02:22 AM
Hi all! I live in Conifer. I have been knitting for 40+ years. We have a new knitting shop up here and I am loving it!:knitting:

Sanguiknity
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Hello Everyone! I've been learning how to knit for the past few months (it's slow going though...) and I live in Denver (10-15 min away from Glendale). I haven't gone to any knitting meetings or anything yet, but I hope to make time for it soon :)

Mallory

globaltraveler
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I normally live in the Erie area, even though I've been traveling for over a year.

Anyone in CO doing the knitathon for the Knitting 4 Our Troops hat project this Saturday and Sunday (http://denverlibrary.org/programs/fresh/knitting.html)?

mwhite
07-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Please pardon my temporary hijack of the thread but I'm heading to Denver in mid-August for some much needed solitude and am wondering about places of interest, LYS's and their knit nights (I'm a lace person), comfortable/affordable lodging for 7 days within walking distance of restaurants...etc.... Any suggestions or help is appreciated. I'll be leaving Denver and going to the Colorado Springs area after the first 7 days and will be there until the 28th/29th. Thanks in advance! :hug:

cdjack
08-15-2009, 12:20 PM
I scrolled through this forum for the Colorado thread to ask the same thing Mary! My dh and I are headed to Co. next month and I was also wanting some yarn store recommendations. We will be in Denver and then we were going to head north towards Loveland or Ft. Collins. Any ideas from y'all would be appreciated!

Lindszoo
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and i'm in Parker

mwhite
10-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and i'm in Parker

Visited Parker in August...Great town and love the super nice knitters I met while there. Super area!

brolie
11-22-2009, 12:33 PM
heya.. im in colorado springs... south west side kinda close to the broadmoor.. i saw there were a ton of posts to this thread now, so i figured it would be easier to just post instead of trying to read through haha

kae1crafts
11-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I'm just off 8th Street in South West Colorado Springs. Are there any knitting get-togethers in this area?

Kae

N0obKnitter
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Hi!

I'm in Thornton :)

daviddwillson
11-10-2010, 07:11 AM
Desamara
I read your post and had to make sure I didn't post it! I live in NW Denver with my husband and 2 cats. I frequent Posh yarn boutique on 39th and Tennyson.

Hiya Jessi n welcome to the party!!!! Colorado bulldogs fer everyone!!!! ( that's just a white russian topped off with cola).
I did manage to find an (L)YS a little closer to me in Sterling. Not so far to drive and it is a nice store. She even has some patterns on Ravelry, her store is "fiberspace" and she does have a website which is like kewl.
I did get some lonesome stone mountain feet sock yarn n hopefully I'll be able to make some sox with it soon enough. That is, after I get done with the projects at hand.
Right now I'm in the middle of finishing my pinwheel sweater from elann and a crocheted felted fedora, which I have to finish writing down so I can post it on my blog.
Yes, I know, I live out in BFE. But hey, we need culture as well. It sure is nice to actually meet some people, albeit, cybernetically, from yer own neck of the woods.
Thanks ya'll for posting.

Rennagayle
12-02-2010, 02:57 AM
I see that all but the last comment on this thread are quite old. Are there any knitters here in Colorado Springs? My daughter and her boyfriend just relocated from England to the northern part of Colorado Springs.

Her dad and I just got back from spending the Thanksgiving holidays with them, and I taught her to knit while we were there (yea!). I told her knitters frequently get together and knit, and she thought that sounded like a great way to meet new people and do something fun at the same time, but so far, we've not located any groups in her area.

She had the preconceived notion (as does her bf) that all knitters are grannies. I'm hoping she'll find out there are a lot of knitters in her age group as well (26). :thumbsup:

KnottyTinker
04-03-2011, 06:18 PM
I think the last post I saw was dated 2010 and it's now April, 2011. I'm in Gunnison, CO and I feel very, very isolated. The nearest yarn shop is in Durango and I've been told by a couple of local knitter's that I'm "light years ahead of them." Add insult to injury, this is not a friendly community.

Rennagayle
04-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( You'd think an area like that would be chock full of knitters, since there's so much of the year that warm handknit wear would be useful.

N0obKnitter
04-11-2011, 11:14 PM
With the sky-high gas prices currently, DH and I have severely cut back on the amount of driving we do, thus, I have a problem:

There are no LYSes in Thornton (I wish there was!) I know of one in Denver and one near Englewood but those are many, many miles from here.

I will end up having to buy yarn from some shop and have it sent to me, I dislike paying high shipping costs, though...which LYS has the most reasonable shipping charges? I do not like buying yarn from Target et al (they do not carry Cascade!) I prefer to spend my knitting $ in a small knitting shop, know what I mean?

Help!

Jan in CA
04-12-2011, 12:36 AM
I think the last post I saw was dated 2010 and it's now April, 2011. I'm in Gunnison, CO and I feel very, very isolated. The nearest yarn shop is in Durango and I've been told by a couple of local knitter's that I'm "light years ahead of them." Add insult to injury, this is not a friendly community.

Just because they don't post in this thread doesn't mean there are no knitters in CO. I'm sure there are several here. They just post in the rest of the forum. ;)

redbedhead
06-13-2011, 04:45 PM
I am in Colorado Springs. East side--Near powers and Constitution. Have not found a LYS yet. Anyone know of one on this side of town?

Rennagayle
06-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Knitter's Cove is on Union Blvd, near Constitution, but I guess that's quite a bit west of you. My daughter lives near Powers & Dublin. I couldn't find one over in that area.

RaveNess
10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello! I'm in Longmont and just started knitting a couple months ago. I'm excited to learn as much as possible, but am not quite sure about knitting organizations or stores in my area.

Sheri
10-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Hello! I'm in Longmont and just started knitting a couple months ago. I'm excited to learn as much as possible, but am not quite sure about knitting organizations or stores in my area.

I'm in Loveland. There are no yarn shops any longer in Longmont or Loveland. There is a shop in Lafayette called Mew Mews that I've heard good things about. I think if you take Hover south it will take you to Arapahoe and 95. They have classes and open knitting. If you are interested join knittingparadise.com. Between this site and KP you will find a great deal of help. Also, there are people from Longmont and surrounding areas on the KP site. We have a group who meets on Fridays from 1 to 3 pm at Dazbog (coffee shop) in their back room in downtown Loveland on Lincoln and 5th street. Let me know if you are interested.

amethystlady2
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
:yay: I have Michael's, JoAnn's and Hobby Lobby close to me...and Walmart, but they have, for some reason, taken their yarn and supplies and separated that from other crafts...plus, their supply is really dwindling...

Not certain if anyone is still here? Just saying hi to other Coloradans!