PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been watching "The Bachelor"?

sinistral_needler
11-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Well I have been casually watching/listening to it whilst my mom became hooked right away. Anyway, I very surprised at what he did last night - he didn't pick either woman! I thought he would pick Deanna. He thought they were both wonderful and 'cared' about them deeply but he just couldn't bring himself to pop the question to either of them.

If I would have been one of those women, I would have punched his lights out! I think the show is a scam anyway, playing on the emotions of these women, but they sign up for it .. I wouldn't be able to do that. These ladies bare their souls, right on national television .. just to get told 'no thanks'. GAH!

Thoughts, opinions, anyone?

figaro
11-20-2007, 02:37 PM
I haven't been watching it but when I heard what he did, it did kind of surprise me. But when you think about it, how many times have they popped the question on air and then they really get to know each other only to seperate a few months later? I know there have been a few couple who have made it, one couple just had a baby.

Jan in CA
11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
I haven't watched this season at all. It's not much fun if nothing good or permanent ever happens. I saw previews of course and I wondered what they were talking about... so he said no to both?! Interesting.

sinistral_needler
11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
figaro, I have only heard of the one happy couple, Ryan and Trista, and I believe they were the ones that had the baby.

I normally don't watch this kind of stuff considering how ugly it can get between the 'contestants', for lack of a better term right now.

Jan, I thought it was very interesting too. I gotta respect the guy for being honest with himself and the ladies and not getting caught up in the moment.

Jeremy
11-20-2007, 06:10 PM
My wife watches this regularly and she was quite disappointed and annoyed. I was very happy with the football game.

auburnchick
11-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Ok people. I left for my trip last night, so I set my PVR to record it. But, when I saw the title to this thread, I had to watch it online before I heard.

I'm totally shocked. I fully expected him to go after Jenny after he turned her away. But to not pick anyone?

I think he was so afraid of making the wrong choice that he decided not to choose at all. I think he made a courageous choice given his doubt.

Lisa_H-Town
11-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Yes, I missed the episode but watched it on-line as well... Was shocked... Gosh, he seemed like he was ready to pick one., and settle down...

Have y'all noticed (and please, correct me if I am wrong) the only relationship that has lasted in the one where the girl picked the boy! Trista and Ryan (as mentioned previously). Not sure how many Bachelorette Shows they had...

I wonder: can the Bachelor contact his "discards" after the show, like, if they rethink what they have done?

I also wonder if the guys aren't looking for the publicity, as much as many of the women are... are the women crying becuz they lost a "love" or lost the "game".... like the spoiled, weirdo from here in Houston last year, who then moved to LA and hired a talent agent.

I wonder if the lapse in physical contact contributes to the failure in these relationships.

And once the show starts airing and these people become "celebs"... etc,,,,

UGH, I spend too much time thinking about this crap, huh??:rofl: