PDA

View Full Version : Self Striping Wool ??

WandaT
11-20-2007, 02:31 PM
What is a nice self striping wool (for felting a purse) other than Noro Kureyon? Three out of four of my LYS don't carry Noro (haven't gone to the 4th one yet) but don't have a great selection of self striping wool either. So I thought I'd look online instead of wasting more gas and time. I know I can stripe it myself, but really don't want to - too close to Xmas and I just don't want to mess with it. Any suggestions? TIA!

suzeeq
11-20-2007, 02:35 PM
People have had good luck with Patons SWS, which you can find at Michael's or Joann's. But you have to keep a close eye on it, felts very quickly.

kemp
11-20-2007, 02:40 PM
People have had good luck with Patons SWS, which you can find at Michael's or Joann's. But you have to keep a close eye on it, felts very quickly. I have seen that yarn recently...it has some very pretty colors.

If you still can't find anything you like you could always order some Noro...it does produce great results with the colors and the felting.

fibrenut
11-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Here's how I would do it, if I couldn't find a colorway in a certain weight of yarn, I would go to the local grocer, get me a bunch of koolaid and then order me some nekkid (bare) yarn from KP and dye my own colors. You can find the directions for using koolaid on knitty.com.:guyknitting:

holamiis
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
I just found Plymouth Boku. Its a silk/wool blend like Noro but only about $6 a skein, you can find it online or at a LYS... big stores like Michael don't carry it.