PDA

View Full Version : quick reply

candy
11-20-2007, 07:39 PM
What is that for? Was I suppose to click on that too? Can someone give me a quick run down of all the changes and how to use them? Where do I click post? I can only see submit new thread.

starburst
11-20-2007, 07:52 PM
well, if you want to reply quickly, at the bottom of each post there are a few little buttons, "Quote, Quote+, reply, and Thanks." if you want to quote the person above you or a person anywhere on the page, click one of those first two buttons (quote is for text only, quote + is for text and pictures, smilies, etc).
Reply is for straight replies without quotes.
Thanks is for thanking people

If you want to add smilies or other more involved things to your reply, click "Post reply" right below the last post in a thread. The post reply button is on the far left and it's in red and purple.

I hope I said all of that clearly enough and I hope you find everything ok!

candy
11-21-2007, 03:12 PM
I think I mean the box below that.

candy
11-21-2007, 03:14 PM
The last time I used this site when someone answered your post you would get a e-mail message that you have been answered. This time I did not get the message so I had to hunt for my post and click on it to see if I was answered. Is that the way it is done now?

BinkyKat
11-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Towards the bottom of your reply, before you hit submit, there is a pull down menu for "notification type."
You can pick which way you want to be alerted to a reply.:thumbsup:

suzeeq
11-21-2007, 08:01 PM
I think I mean the box below that.

When you choose just the Reply button, after you type your message you hit `post quick reply' to submit it. It's `quick' in that the screen doesn't change, you can just type in the box at the bottom.