PDA

View Full Version : You know those clear shoes for sock knitters?

ecb
11-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I saw some in LARGE sizes
big enough for ME, and THAT is saying something!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.knittersdreamstore.com/servlet/Categories?category=New&sfs=23d98a6c

ecb

knitgal
11-20-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd never seen those, they're such a cute idea!

ecb
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
I have seen boots, but they only fit TINY adults or kids.
but never anything could hope to fit in, or my kids even (my youngest wears a size 8 womens, she is 9yo)

ecb

peepla
11-20-2007, 10:51 PM
I'll say this about that....I am so glad you put a valid link on here for knitters shoes. If you go to regia.com they give you this long list of links, and by the time any of them have some in stock at absorbently outrageous prices, then you have the problem of the vendor having them in your size and getting them to you in a timely manner...like i dont know they ordered a pair when my order came in and then had trouble finding an available pair of size 9's, haha. I do have a question though...I have two pair of the regia originals...one is a size 8 as i was told 'they should fit becuz they run large' and that pair went to my daughter who has a smaller foot, and the other pair that does fit...after a while, they turned yellowish...anyone know how to restore the shoes back to clear? my daugther wont wear the 'yellow wonders' which means money wasted and i certainly can not afford to buy a new pair everytime they fade. hahah and wont. any suggestions?

Lady Violet
11-20-2007, 11:09 PM
have you tried clorox?

Mirl56
11-21-2007, 07:40 AM
I've been thinking about getting the clogs. I already have boots that fit my size 9 feet. I bought those years ago. Mine haven't yellowed, I don't know why - maybe because I really only wear them on rainy days.

knitncook
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM
I tried on a pair of those once and they hurt my feet SO badly! I wish Crocs would come in clear :teehee:

brendajos
11-21-2007, 05:05 PM
I tried on a pair of those once and they hurt my feet SO badly! I wish Crocs would come in clear :teehee:

Knitncook i actually emailed them that suggestion. not sure that it could be done with their material but if they could... aaaah.... the angel chorus!

i did buy a pair and the size i got fit fine without a sock on but with a sock they would be really snug. i will have to look and see what size i bought... the 8 in mens i think. ... if someone wanted them i would definitely be willing to sell...lol

mommydearest
11-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Knitncook i actually emailed them that suggestion. not sure that it could be done with their material but if they could... aaaah.... the angel chorus!

i did buy a pair and the size i got fit fine without a sock on but with a sock they would be really snug. i will have to look and see what size i bought... the 8 in mens i think. ... if someone wanted them i would definitely be willing to sell...lol
I love my crocs but the large are too big but great with socks and medium fit great but I can't wear socks. I wonder if the ones with actual sizes are the same. These clogs are cute with socks. Maybe we'll all get lucky and Crocs will make them.

inkaholic
11-24-2007, 10:35 AM
Converse just came out with a clear pair!
http://www.journeys.com/catalog_detail.aspx?c=Guys&s=Shoes/Athletic&id=63450

knitncook
11-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I love my crocs but the large are too big but great with socks and medium fit great but I can't wear socks. I wonder if the ones with actual sizes are the same. These clogs are cute with socks. Maybe we'll all get lucky and Crocs will make them.

My Crocs are a size 4/5 (the smallest ladies size) and they fit wonderfully. I have yet to see real Crocs that are sized S,M,L,XL. I have noticed that they do have a variety of sizing formats. My Croc sandals are a ladies 6 (no mix sizes) and my son has a pair of "just 6" ladies size, not the 6/7 that his sister has. And my lace up Crocs are a size 6, too but dh's Professionals are a 10/11. I'm not sure why they are all different. Some we bought online and some we bought at a local shoe store. Try a pair in your "real" size and see if that doesn't help.

Are the Converse's realy clear? It's hard to tell in the add. I'm presuming I'm seeing the inside footbed? I'd like to see these in person. My dd would really get a kick out of clear converses! But $50! Ouch!

brendajos
11-24-2007, 02:56 PM
If only I could get the thought out of my head that the Converse were made by small children in sweatshops in underdeveloped countries. I know they SAY they aren't anymore but seriously... they are still on probation with me darnit! (btw... the avatar is NOT converse...lol)