PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Addiction - Is There KA?

bic
11-21-2007, 12:51 AM
So I am in trouble (again). All I want to do is knit. This is not a good thing when coinciding with empty nest. Of course, abstinence is out of the question. Ideas for dealing with knitting addiction welcome (I could be asking the wrong crowd, however!). Thanks,
Bic

cristina61
11-21-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm with you! Only I'm not totally sure I truly want the cure. It's so much easier to watch TV and knit all day long. And who really needs to leave the house, anyway? :teehee:

Christine

Ingrid
11-21-2007, 01:18 AM
This is the wrong place to voice those concerns!!:rofl: We'd all bring our latest projects to the KA meetings.

"Hi. My name is Ingrid, and I'm a knit addict. Just look at this colorway! Isn't it gorgeous? It was on sale, too!":happydance:

scout52
11-21-2007, 04:30 AM
yea i don't want a cure.

The.Knitter
11-21-2007, 04:37 AM
I don`t think there IS a cure for what we have..... just keep on knitting!

Jax3303
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
why, yes there is a Knitters Anonymous. http://www.knittersanonymous.com/

bethany
11-21-2007, 10:11 AM
knittersanonymous.com is hysterical! Love it!

I, too, am addicted. My mom couldn't figure out why I needed 25 size 9 dpns and just gave me the money for Christmas! Then I go and buy yarn instead of the needles--I can get those later! :) It's really bad when suddenly it's dinner time and nothing is ready....the kids are wanting attention, the Thanksgiving dinner list needs to be made so the shopping can get done so the meal can be made...All good time to be knitting!

GiddyKnitter
11-21-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi my name is Pauline and I am a knitahoilic and proud of it!!!

knitncook
11-21-2007, 10:33 AM
OK, let's look at the 12 steps (note: I am not making light of the 12 step program. I realize that it is an important part of many people's lives. I'm just having fun with how it pertains to knitting):

1. We admit we are powerless over knitting.
A. Ha! I have complete power when I pick up my needles.

2. Came to blieve that Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
A. One must be sane to knit. How else would we be able to read all those patterns and charts?

3. Made a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of "God"
A. What? Let some immortal being select my yarn for me? No way!!

4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
A. Well, I did make a searching inventory of my stash the other day

5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
A. Well first we would have to admit that knitting is wrong and it isn't!

6. Were entirely ready to have "God" remove all these defects of character?
A. I'm defective? No wonder I have problems knitting Continental! Or maybe it's talking about "pattern deviations"

7. Humbley ask him to remove our shortcomings
A. Does that include short rows?

8. Made a list of all person we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
A. Um, I suppose that would mean I would have to get rid of the t-shirt that says, "You have two eyes, I have two needles, don't mess with a lady who knits?"

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
A. Oh, there are just too many to count. I"m not responsible for my actions when someone gets in the way of my knitting.

10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admit it
A. Does that mean confessing when you knit with acrylic or fun fur?

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our our conscious contact with "God" praying only for knowledge of His Will for us and the power to carry that out.
A. Can I pray for the knowledge to understand Elisabeth Lavold's patterns and charts and the power to be able to knit all night?

12. Having had a spiritual awakeing as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
A. So that means we should help other people with the stash acquisitions?

Ingrid
11-21-2007, 10:41 AM
:roflhard::roflhard::roflhard::cheering::cheering:

Becky Morgan
11-21-2007, 12:08 PM
:roflhard: at the 12 stitches...uhhh, steps!

Nah, we're not Knitters Anonymous. This is KE...Knitting Enablers!:thumbsup:

Cecily
11-21-2007, 12:20 PM
I believe it is better than any other addiction out there. I don't want a cure!

He He!:knitting:

scout52
11-21-2007, 02:42 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh I'm soooo printing that out!!!!