PDA

View Full Version : from girl to boy?

hob
11-21-2007, 06:31 AM
http://www.readicut.co.uk/recno/6/cid/EOSKGJQEXQZVOTIL6ZQNP8II68QT81C9/Patons-Roses-and-Posies-Book-P3199/ i want to make this, its so cute. but my sister is having a boy i dont think the basic pattern is to girly leave off flowers change bottons to the other side knit in blue? do u think it will work for a boy or should i look for another pattern? and if u think its ok then how would change the bottons to the other side am i seting my self up for stress?

Jan in CA
11-21-2007, 06:38 AM
That is really cute! I think it would be fine w/o the flowers and more boyish buttons and color. ;)

Debbie
11-21-2007, 06:44 AM
I think in a different color it would be great for a boy!
green with frogs on the pockets
blue with trucks or fish ...
brown with tan trim ... a bit of a cowboy theme
I think you would just follow the button hole instructions for the right front when you make the the left front.. or which ever is the "right" (proper) side for a boy.

hob
11-21-2007, 06:54 AM
thanks, now im just thinking to make it super easy u think i could get away with leaving to bottons on right side? do u think any one will notice or cear?

miss_molly
11-21-2007, 07:29 AM
I do a lot of baby knitting and I've often wondered why on earth it matters which side the buttons are on. I can't see that it makes any difference, nor do I think anyone would be worried about it. Your sister would just be so happy you went to the trouble to knit it.

Its very cute, and would look just as nice for a boy, without the flower of course. I would have just a plain pocket, no motif on it at all. You needn't do blue, there are a lot of nice colours suitable for a boy, and you could experiment and find two colours that contrast nicely, or a lighter and darker shade of the same colour. Buttons are always the finishing touch which can make a baby cardigan look that extra bit special, so find some really nice ones that look perfect with the yarn you choose... probably match the buttons to the colour of the yarn you use for the edging.

Congratulations on being an aunt-to-be!

Abbily
11-21-2007, 12:35 PM
I think it would be adorable in boy colors, and I would definitely not worry about changing the button sides! i dont' think anyone will care about that. :)

hob
11-21-2007, 08:38 PM
thanks you all. i have casted on in blue( i agree with u about that it could be diffrent colours but i have been told to do blue white or cream at a push ) ill not worrie about the bottons.