PDA

View Full Version : Help, Im in a pickle..

*KnitPixie*
11-21-2007, 02:25 PM
I am in a little bit of a pickle:teehee: (I had to say it) and was wandering if anybody could help me out. I want to knit my mom the KnitPicks cable purse because she picked it out and fell in love with it. Problem is i don't have the right size circular needle for it..I need a 16" Size 13 circular and don't know what to do because Knitpicks doesn't sell that size circ and I have KnitPicks options so I was thinking about making my own 16" cable I seen something posted on KH before where someone made there own but despite countless searches I can't find it anywhere:gah:I know I could buy the right size in an Addi turbo which I :heart: but they are $20 bucks and I never really use that size only for this one purse *sigh* any chance anyone would trust me and lend me one:flirt: I doubt it but its worth a try..

VictoiseC
11-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Sorry I only have size 13 in long lengths or I would. Have you looked on ebay? Could you use some dpns in size 13? You should be able to find some somewhere cheaper than Addis... maybe someone will turn up though.

LadyB
11-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't remember which post it was, but it was where there was discussion about some of the problems people had encountered with their Options. The solution you may be thinking of was the post in which the poster stated that they had simply taken their Options cable that had come apart, trimmed the cable length to the 16" size, and re-glued the connector to the cable.
Hope this helps.

sparkei49
11-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Do you have a Jeffery Allan's in your area. Ours has a better selection than any of the other stores in the area and they certainly aren't $20. eBay was an excellent suggestion too. I've bought several sets of needles from there. Good Luck!

knitncook
11-21-2007, 02:45 PM
No one has suggested Magic Loop (http://www.knittinghelp.com/videos/advanced-techniques) yet? It's the easy fix for when you don't have a small diameter circ!

Mirl56
11-21-2007, 02:54 PM
I was thinking the same thing, Michele! Or 2 circular needles.

Jan in CA
11-21-2007, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't mess with the needles, I'd go with two circs or magic loop.

Quiara
11-21-2007, 04:40 PM
That's my thought, too. I'm a ML/2Circs girl all the way. I hardly ever use DPNs and I never use straights anymore. ^_^

wednesday
11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
I have to admit that I hate straights.... always have and don't get me started on DPN's I would rather eat the wool :hair:

I needed a short length large circular too, I also checked for the Knitpicks and no short length at all as far as I could find.

My solution bought my first pair of Addi's they came recommended by the LYS in Augusta but they didn't have the size I needed (11's) in stock and told me it would be after christmas before they would get it, Grrr. I did have to go to Aiken yesterday and stopped at the LYS there almost fainted at the price $14.95 but I bought them anyway plus a Clover row counter total with tax $24+
I haven't tried them yet but will tonight, they feel nice cloud9

So my recommendation is splurge buy the once you need and want You are worth it :hug:

*KnitPixie*
11-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Sorry I only have size 13 in long lengths or I would. Have you looked on ebay?

Aww your sweet:hug: and I'll check ebay I didn't think of that.

Sparkei49- What is Jeffrey Allens?
Wednesday- I may just splurge I am not sure yet, your right I am worth it:)
Lady B- Thanks for telling me what that post was about I couldn't remeber what she said she did for the life of me.
To the rest of you I would try magic loop or two circ method but I need to buy a longer cable and another size 13 first. I only have one set of that size and one 24" cable thats free:teehee:
Thanks for all the feedback everyone

hummingbird
11-21-2007, 06:03 PM
KnitPixie, Do you have the size you need in a longer length? You can use magic loop. Plus with a longer needle, you could use it for anything that calls for that size.

medic777
11-21-2007, 06:27 PM
Joann carries Clover Bamboo 16" Circular Needles in size 13. They are $9.99 (just saw them today). Maybe with a 40% off coupon.....
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2871&start=13

OTN:
Fiber Trend Clogs (Pair #3 of 7)
Biscuit Blanket (#4) - complete with buttonholes and I-Cord
Makes a good gift along with a pretty square plate to serve hot biscuits, muffins, rolls......keeps them toasty!

*KnitPixie*
11-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Joann carries Clover Bamboo 16" Circular Needles in size 13. They are $9.99 (just saw them today). Maybe with a 40% off coupon.....
http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2871&start=13 (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2871&start=13)
How funny is it that you should say this:teehee: after my last post I went to my Local craft store with a 40% off coupon in tow and low and behold came across the clover bamboo needles and bought them lol I never used them before because I thought they would be splintery and yucky but they feel soo smooth and warm in my hands:inlove: this could be the start of something good and bad (for the wallet):roflhard:

medic777
11-22-2007, 11:22 AM
SWEEET:woot:

*KnitPixie*
11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
SWEEET:woot:
:teehee: