PDA

View Full Version : Another Knitting Poll!

Miley384
11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
I decided to post another poll! Enjoy! :wink:

Quiara
11-21-2007, 08:47 PM
There's no option that says "Yes, but I hate them - pass me my circs!" ^_~

hob
11-21-2007, 09:18 PM
There's no option that says "Yes, but I hate them - pass me my circs!" ^_~
i vote 4 this one 2 circs everytime!

Knitting_Guy
11-22-2007, 01:32 AM
I did once and then I learned about Magic Loop.

mwhite
11-22-2007, 08:22 AM
I really prefer the dpns to circulars. Something about having the same diameter to work with, I guess... Mary

CountryKitty
11-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Actually, when I looked at the Magic loop video, my first thought was that it looked as tho' I could go a lot faster on my DPNs. Of course, I'm a very fast knitter...

I love my circs and my DPNs and my long and short straights--I find that for me at least, each is best suited to different projects and could neither replace or be replaced by another.

Doublereeder2
11-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Call me crazy but I love my DPNS. I also love my circs and some of my straights. Hmmm, maybe I just love knitting and all that comes with it.

GiddyKnitter
11-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I must admit I really love my DPN'S!! I think you look dead clever when your knitting socks etc and all those needles clicking away! People are very impressed.

gingerbread
11-22-2007, 09:34 AM
Well I have tried all the different ways of knitting socks. I love my dpns I agree love the bunch of needles and people look and say wow! So I voted for the dpns.

knitncook
11-22-2007, 10:29 AM
I love my dpn's! I use them all the time for circular knitting. I taught my dd how to use them yesterday. She wants to make a tubular scarf that she saw at Hot Topic but knew that it would take a smaller diameter knitting than the 16" needles I have.

cindycactus
11-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Actually, when I looked at the Magic loop video, my first thought was that it looked as tho' I could go a lot faster on my DPNs. Of course, I'm a very fast knitter...

I love my circs and my DPNs and my long and short straights--I find that for me at least, each is best suited to different projects and could neither replace or be replaced by another.
That is the same way I felt CountryKitty. I guess I am so comfortable with my DPNs that I don't want to try anything else. Maybe someday. :knitting:

mommydearest
11-22-2007, 10:59 AM
After my first time with DPN's I have to say they aren't too bad. The clicking of all the needles kind of puts you in rythm with your knitting (do I make sense?) Circ's are great but I have used two at a time in place of dpn's.

I also think size and shape of needle depends on the project. Circ's are faster for me for a beanie (even though I've frogged it twice now ughh)

Mary

Sandi
11-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I have started to learn with DPN's, so far I have made it through a pair of booties.
It's hard at first but I am determined to master it.:knitting:

ecb
11-23-2007, 06:49 PM
She wants to make a tubular scarf that she saw at Hot Topic but knew that it would take a smaller diameter knitting than the 16" needles I have.
a PERFECT description of why one must own at least one set of Options
I use both DPN and Circs. I rarely use 2 circs, I confuse myself when I do, I just use one HUGELY long ones. I love the options for this, I can change the cable as easily as the needles, so when the hat is small enough I need to switch to DPNs, I just change to a longer cable.
The only time I always use DPNs is when I make my goddesses

ecb