11-21-2007, 08:27 PM
Another poll! :muah:

suzeeq
11-21-2007, 09:27 PM
Is lace a stitch....? :??

Miley384
11-21-2007, 10:29 PM
Is lace a stitch....? :??
No, but you can knit stitches with lace.

suzeeq
11-22-2007, 01:16 AM
Of course... I was trying to be funny.

CountryKitty
11-22-2007, 08:55 AM
My vote is Other--as in All of the Above and every varieation thereof!

I always use a variety of stitches in everything I do for texture and visual interest. (Stiches are like Lays Potato Chips--I can't stop at just one!)

knitncook
11-22-2007, 10:27 AM
I said other too. I like combination stitches that create interesting designs. I just finished a "pidge" using the Trinity or Popcorn stitch (multple of 4 stitches *K3 in 1st stitch then purl 3tog* purl the next row) It was fun and I loved watching the little bobbles appear. I love bobbles and cables and stitches that add texture to my work. I loathe stockinette stitch. I fall asleep doing it!

mommydearest
11-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I guess I haven't tried enough other stitches besides knit, purl, seed, and rib but I like how fast I can go with knit stitch, especially after watching a Fair Isle video and the lady kept her left forfinger close to the needle so you just loop it up - goes much quicker once you get the hang of it.

Now I just need to try Fair Isle knitting

http://www.philosopherswool.com/Pages/Streamingvideo.htm

Mary

psquidy
11-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Trinity stitch all the way.

Silver
11-22-2007, 01:45 PM
Cables!

So easy, but SOOOO much visual punch. Can't beat the cable stitch. It's also my favorite knitting technique to teach because I ALWAYS hear "That was so much easier than I thought!" And I just say "I told you so." :)

feministmama
11-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I :heart: cables, knit st in the round, combinations of sts like mitered squares or feather and fan

mommydearest
11-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Cables!

So easy, but SOOOO much visual punch. Can't beat the cable stitch. It's also my favorite knitting technique to teach because I ALWAYS hear "That was so much easier than I thought!" And I just say "I told you so." :)
I started a new dishcloth using cable stitch - it's a bit confusing for my hands but I'm hanging in to the end. I just it looks somewhat like its supposed to. I'm glad to see others like it - maybe I will too.

Silver - where is Orange Park? near Orlando? I supposed I could look it up but just thought I'd ask since I'm close to Ft. Myers