PDA

View Full Version : The most exciting news, like, you know, ever!

Pudify
11-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Ok, so yesterday was my 21st birthday and my parents gave me a knitting machine! Ive been trying to get one for about a year now and its just never happened for one reason or another.

Its a "Brother KH 830 knitting machine" with all its bits, ribber, lace thing (im learning the names as I go :P), the 25 original patterns that came with it when new (1976), they are wonderfully retro and I know a few relatives who might end up with amusing jumpers for christmas :P Manual for the machine and for the ribber are here. All the little helpful bits, even still has its original little bottle of oil and wax block xD

ARGH. Im so excited lol. The lady who sold it to my mum is coming out this Tuesday morning to give me my first lesson in how to set it up properly etc and I might get her back a few more times after that as well lol.

Next Sunday (in a weeks time) mother said she would take me out on a little wool spree to get the kind of wool I need for it (3ply, but I think I can push it to 4 if using the wax) because being a hand knitter, all my wool is huge lol.

Oh, if anyone knows this machine or has a history with it, please let me know if theres anything I should know about it lol. Or what questions I need to make sure to ask the lady when she comes. Im so excited .. no more 1x1 ribbing by hand xD

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :yay:

Lady Violet
11-22-2007, 04:38 PM
congrats!!! :woot:
sounds like you're in for a bunch of fun. don't forget to post loads of pictures! :)

oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :balloons: :balloons: :balloons:

Pudify
11-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Thank you!! It was a very happy birthday :D And there will be pictures when my camera batterys finish charging! Im so exited. Its just sitting there, its all its 70's-mushroom coloured glory tehe!

gatorjade
11-22-2007, 06:04 PM
Happy birthday! I will be 21 a week from today. :clink:

samm
11-22-2007, 08:32 PM
Wow! What a great gift!!!!! Happy birthday, too, from me. I think you're going to have a lot of fun with this machine. cloud9 samm

mks22300
11-23-2007, 02:05 AM
Happy Birthday and have fun with your new toy! :)

Limey
11-23-2007, 12:03 PM
Many Happy Returns, Puds - but be careful; my Mum bought a knitting machine once and somehow it multiplied (very mysteriously) and she ended up with four of them. :whistle:

Anyway, enjoy and please let us know the first thing you make.

All the Best

Ellie

marykz
11-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Yea! happy birthday!!
Wasn't there an article in Knitty.com about machine knitting? in the archives?

Pudify
11-23-2007, 05:54 PM
Limey, im counting on it xD

Mary, im off to look for it now :D

Cheers to all!!

Limey
11-23-2007, 07:42 PM
[quote=Pudify;1009959]Limey, im counting on it xD

Cheeky young Pup! :teehee:

Have a great time :balloons:

Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com