PDA

View Full Version : New Year 2008 Swap Has Finished.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Nobones
11-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Hello and welcome to the '2008 New year swap'! :hug: As suggested this swap is a 'Home Countries' swap in that people will be matched with people from the same country, e.g US with US, UK with UK and so on. Thus cutting postage costs and giving more to spend on yarn!

There are no limits to what you put in your package, if you want to make something go ahead. Found a perfect pattern your buddy would like? Put it in, just be guided by your partners tastes. The only thing it MUST DO is;

Contain Yarn! (Well duh! What's a swap without the yummy yarn goodness?!)

A Knitting Tool- This can be any item to use when your knitting. Stitch markers, cable needle, row counter? Is there something you can't live without in your kit and want to share? Tailor it for swap buddy.

Registration by 21st December

Partners given 27th December (just in time for those New Year sales!)

Package due by 31st January - If you need longer make sure your swap buddy knows, keep them informed.

Any questions pm or email me.

Questioner

1. Full name and screen name.

2. Postal address

3. Email address and preferred method of contact, email/pm

4. Price range, (Please chose or $) 10, 15 20 (this DOESN NOT include postage)

5. Any allergies? Petfree/ smoke free, what's your preference? Do you smoke or have pets?

6. Colour and fibre preference.

7. What do you like to knit?

8. Favorite knitting tool.

List of those who have joined

RitaW
Figaro
Artlady1981
Knitpurlgirl
gargoylelib
Oneyarn
Noni
a.shine.grace
Twowackykids
Lisa1216
Eccie
AngMac
Anahata
lapto.knitter
SamSam
KnittinMitchie
LauraD
Sig
Mwhite
Msmelody
alleusion
Mangs
Sunny.singer
Knitpixie
Carla1019
Princess
Boston Becca
Tarrentella
Sanibelle
Cdjack
DQ
Pennie
Cougarchick
Jeanius80
sueincanada
Brandy.m
Jeremy (Yeah!! A bloke! Don't fight over him ladies)
Redheadrachel
Lisa-H-Town
Debra Michelle
Ahkatelier
Bree
Photolady
Threesmom
Catz
StitchSam
Mare-knit
Curly-toot
Debkcs
Pauline Maddoocks
Miccisue
KnitPrincess
PandoraKnits

Those are the names of the people I have questioners back from, if your name isn't on list and you want to be, send me the questioner which you'll find above the list. Thanks

msmelody
11-23-2007, 02:15 PM
I would love to join. I live in England, but I also have an FPO AE box, so I can fit into either.

AngMac
11-23-2007, 05:23 PM
Sounds fun! :happydance: Count me in!

LauraD
11-24-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm in!

Eccie
11-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I'd love to participate!

KnittinMitchie
11-25-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm in for sure. I love doing the swaps. you get to meet so many wonderful people.

Matdredalia
11-25-2007, 09:52 PM
*blush* I'd love to join in. I'm relatively new to KH and this is my first KH swap, so I hope that's okay? I'm from the USA (^-^)

And are we allowed to add other things to the package aside from the requirements?

*KnitPixie*
11-26-2007, 01:23 AM
I want to join of course:teehee:

a.shin.grace
11-26-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm a newbie to this site but I would love to take part in my first swap! Count me in!

BostonBecca
11-26-2007, 03:52 PM
I am in!

Secksiebrat
11-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I'm in :)

~danielle~

Nobones
11-27-2007, 10:56 AM
*blush* I'd love to join in. I'm relatively new to KH and this is my first KH swap, so I hope that's okay? I'm from the USA (^-^)

And are we allowed to add other things to the package aside from the requirements?

Of course you can, put in what ever you like. I just thought it would be a nice idea to have something we all put in. Swaps are so exciting your going to love it.

If any one has any ideas to they want to include in this swap lets hear them.

ArtLady1981
11-27-2007, 06:01 PM
OK, I'm "in". My first SWAP of any kind. This one sounds like fun!
I pm'd Nobones with a few questions. Am waiting for response.
Regardless, I am IN.

twowackykids
11-27-2007, 09:36 PM
Count me in. I've never done a swap before. I'm actually nervous!

Nobones
11-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Count me in. I've never done a swap before. I'm actually nervous!

Don't be nervous! It's so much fun, althpugh you do find when you go shopping for your swap buddy, things for yourself somehow have a way of endeing up in your basket! :teehee:

sig
11-28-2007, 07:14 AM
So we need to be in the same country? Then i only know one person who also lives in spain and don't know if she wants to join the swap. I you see someone who wants to join and don't have a partner let me know. I'll join, doesn't matter where they live. Have a good swap!!:woot:

msmelody
11-28-2007, 07:49 AM
If needed, I would not mind shipping to Europe. Living in England, puts me close enough.

Nobones
11-28-2007, 09:15 AM
So we need to be in the same country? Then i only know one person who also lives in spain

No Sweetie, I'll match you to someone in Europe, basically, you won't send to the US. I have had a couple of pms, from people in Europe so if and we CAN match you with someone.

sig
11-28-2007, 09:22 AM
No Sweetie, I'll match you to someone in Europe, basically, you won't send to the US. I have had a couple of pms, from people in Europe so if and we CAN match you with someone.

Ok then, you can count me in! :woot: :blooby:

Lisa1216
11-28-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd like to join!!:cheering: I have never done a swap before either, I think it would be fun. Hopefully I won't have too many questions for you as we go along!:)

Anahata
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I would like to join the swap. I am very new to this site. I have never done a swap before. I am extremely nervous. The swap sounds like fun.

Anahata:knitting:

mwhite
11-28-2007, 10:10 AM
So do we just swap with our partner? Mary

gargoylelib
11-28-2007, 10:48 AM
Count me in! :) I keep saying with every swap I'll skip the next
one to save money but I just can't resist the temptation!! haha

Eccie
11-28-2007, 11:02 AM
So what do we need to do to offically sign up? Just post here? Send a PM? Is there a questionaire somewhere?

figaro
11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I really enjoyed the last swap I was in and the timing on this one seems perfect! Count me in!:woot:

cdjack
11-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm in! :cheering: :woot: :happydance:
I can't wait to tell my dh: "Honey, guess what? I'm going to send more yarn to a person that I don't know!"
That pretty much sums up his understanding (misunderstanding?) of swaps.

Carla1019
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Add me to the list, I had fun the last two time I have done it. I feel like I am getting better at this now.

knitpurlgurl
11-28-2007, 09:02 PM
Okay, I've never done a swap before. Can you tell me a little about the procedure? I think it sounds like so much fun, but I really don't know anything about it. Thanks in advance. :notworthy:

Nobones
11-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Lisa you go ahead and ask whatever questions you want and we'll answere them for you.

Knitpurlgurl, the idea is that I will give you a name of a person (plus answeres to some questions so you can know a bit about them) and you will put a package together for that person. It must contain yarn of some sort and a knitting tool, you can put whatever else you like in there, if you want to make soemthig you can, if not that's fine too.

In the meantime someone else has your name and shops for you. Then at some point you get a package of goodies and you'll know who your swaper is.

I'll being posting some questions this evening. Can't get it to 'copy and paste' at the moment.

mwhite
11-29-2007, 10:38 AM
[QUOTE=

Knitpurlgurl, the idea is that I will give you a name of a person (plus answeres to some questions so you can know a bit about them) and you will put a package together for that person. It must contain yarn of some sort and a knitting tool, you can put whatever else you like in there, if you want to make soemthig you can, if not that's fine too.

In the meantime someone else has your name and shops for you. Then at some point you get a package of goodies and you'll know who your swaper is.QUOTE]

This answers my question and YES, I'd like to join in!!! Mary

AngMac
11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Maybe I missed the answer somewhere in this thread but...

Is there a price range we are working with?

LauraD
11-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I don't think we have specified yet.

Nobones
11-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Sorry it's taken so long, but here's the questioner; You can send it to me via pm or email, just put 'New Year Swap' in the title.

1. Full name and screen name.

2. Postal address

3. Email adress and prefered method of contact, email/pm

4. Price range, (Please chose or $) 10, 15 20 (this DOESN NOT include postage)

5. Any allergies? Petfree/ smoke free, what's your preferance? Do you smoke or have pets?

6. Colour and fibre preference.

7. What do you like to knit?

8. Favourite knitting tool.

If any one wants to add onto anything onto the questiones they are more than welcome.

Thanks to everyone who has done a swap before it made chosing questions a lot easier.

ritaw
11-30-2007, 07:23 AM
Hi . I am in too. :)
Thank you for organising it Ellie xx

Eccie
11-30-2007, 10:55 AM
You might wanna add to number 5 'Do you have pets or smoke?' So you'll know who to match people who have allergies with. I hope that made sense

Nobones
11-30-2007, 12:28 PM
:oops: Sorry thought I'd put that!

Eccie
11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
:hug: yay! Off to send my PM

knitpurlgurl
11-30-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm in! This will be fun. I've never done this before. I CAN'T WAIT! :)

laptop_knitter
12-04-2007, 04:17 PM
:happydance: Oooh, ooh, I'm in! UK knitter here, this'll be fun!

stirsmommy
12-04-2007, 04:58 PM
I am in, I love swaps. One question dd is wondering if there is an age limit. She is 12. I told her I would ask.

KnittinMitchie
12-04-2007, 10:01 PM
I PMed you with my info. I hope I gave enough information. LOL this will be my 5th swap this year LOL

LauraD
12-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Can't wait! Just PMed my info also. This will be my 3rd swap and I have had a ball!

sig
12-05-2007, 08:09 AM
I've pmd you my info. :woot:Love swaps!!!!

Nobones
12-05-2007, 12:41 PM
It has been brought to my attention that some people are upset I started this swap as they felt it was their turn to start one.

I can only say 'I'm sorry'. I really didn't mean to upset anyone or step on any toes.

I therefore feel it wouldn't be fair to go on with swap. I do appreciate that a lot of have joined up and am sorry for letting people down, but I don't WANT to hurt peoples feelings and feel upset that I have.

If anyone wants to take over I will send you the questioners I have had so far.

Thank you.

astonh
12-05-2007, 12:49 PM
Can't there be more than one swap going on at a time? Especially if they are different kinds...some require you knit something, some don't, some are themed, some are focused on a particular item (socks/dishrags). I don't know the mods/Amy's feelings on this but I, personally, don't see the problem with multiple swaps going on. You just pick which one(s) in which you want to participate and everyone has fun.

OR if there IS only to be one swap at a time, perhaps we could do a thread where want-to host people can "sign up" and when their name comes up it is their turn to host that way there is a line. Sounds like a bit of a pain and extra work, but... just tossing out ideas.

Sorry you are catching flack. I hope everything works out...for all.

suzeeq
12-05-2007, 01:15 PM
I don't see any reason we can't have more than one swap going on at a time. If someone else wants to organize one, they should go for it.

Brandy_m
12-05-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh good gravy.....that's nuts!! Please don't discontinue this!! What is wrong with people!!

((HUGS))

Eccie
12-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Is there a list somewhere of whose turn is next? How does one know these things? I always assumed whoever wanted to host a swap, did so. Was i wrong?

mwhite
12-05-2007, 01:33 PM
I don't see any reason we can't have more than one swap going on at a time. If someone else wants to organize one, they should go for it.

I AGREE!!! Life is tooooo short, people!

Jeremy
12-05-2007, 01:36 PM
A member asked that one of the mods step in. There are no rules regarding swaps. There can be multiple swaps going on at the same time, the more the merrier. However. There is a rule against harassment, either public or private. Please promptly report any communication that could be considered to fall in or near this category. I sent a pm to Ellie advising her of this and telling her to send on any pm of this nature to a mod.

AngMac
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Oh please still do the swap. I love swaps and I don't see anything wrong with having more than one going on. Lets act like adults people. There are bigger things in life to worry over than whose turn it is.

Lisa1216
12-05-2007, 01:52 PM
It has been brought to my attention that some people are upset I started this swap as they felt it was their turn to start one.

I can only say 'I'm sorry'. I really didn't mean to upset anyone or step on any toes.

I therefore feel it wouldn't be fair to go on with swap. I do appreciate that a lot of have joined up and am sorry for letting people down, but I don't WANT to hurt peoples feelings and feel upset that I have.

If anyone wants to take over I will send you the questioners I have had so far.

Thank you.

You're kidding me, right??!!??? Ellie, I think you should just continue this one. It's only going until the end of January, so maybe the upset people involved could do another 2008 swap for Valentines Day or Springtime or whatever. Seems there are alot of different themes that could be thought up for a swap.
You just happened to think and post about this one first.:grphug:

ritaw
12-05-2007, 02:21 PM
I have just read what has happened and to be honest with you all this has really hurt my feelings. I do not know what has been said or done but it all seems a bit childish and i would even go as far to say Victimisation and Bullying . Ellie is a wonderful person who would never hurt anyone knowingly or otherwise.
This a Swap ! one of many. and it was intended to help Uk knitters ,who would in most cases not join a swap because of postage charges to send abroad. That is why people in the uk would be matched with a partner in the Uk. and US with US and so on.
I would also like to thank Jeremy for his help and input on this matter.

How old are we people? I think we are all over the age of six.
If there were 10 swaps going at the same time then surely it is up to an idividual to join whichever one they want.

Beadinghippo
12-05-2007, 03:25 PM
I would love to join if its a go. Sally

Shandeh
12-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm sorry you're dealing with this negativity, Ellie.
Hang in there, my friend. :hug:

Pennie
12-05-2007, 04:04 PM
This sounds like a great first swap for me, I hope it's still on!

Samsam
12-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Ellie, please still consider doing this swap. From what I read for your post/seen from this site since the time I joined KH you sem perfect to hold a swap and you did "call" it well in advance. I also think people can host other swaps if they wish. If someone does not want to join Ellie's there's plenty of ones on Raverly for all different kinds of people.

*KnitPixie*
12-05-2007, 05:26 PM
Ellie, I hope you will please consider still doing the swap and hang in there girl:muah: :hug: . I know alot of people have their hopes up about this swap and I don't see why there can't be more than one. I mean it's like that old saying "You can have more than one best friend" well we can have more than one swap as well...I mean honestly I am so addicted to swaps, I would join two at the same time and for some reason I do NOT think I am alone on that:teehee: Besides if the person really didn't want to hold a swap while someone else is there is plenty of other opportunities to hold one. I mean come on people there is 12 months in a year thats a whole lotta swapin' time:wink: I hope everyone can put the green monster away:biting: and come together:grphug: Isn't that what knittinghelp is all about ..a group of people with a common hobby/interest that through the site come together and eventually befriend one another, and over time teach each other, learn from each other, share ideas with each other, and in general just have fun together!:heart:
I hope everyone can put their differences aside and work this out...and Astonh's Idea about a list of people who want to hold swaps so we can avoid this problem is a great idea:thumbsup:

ritaw
12-06-2007, 03:00 AM
While I agree that there can be more than one swap. I do disagree about the list of people who want to host one.
If there can be multiple swaps then what is the point of a list.
Lets just get on with it! Enough notice was given out well before registration had started . So those who seem to be offended should have had a word before registration had begun, Not when the ball is rolling.
We are all a group on this forum. and if you are all like me i spend more of my time here than i do with my husband lol.
We should embrace any idea and opportunity that comes up that can bring a smile on someones face. I have made life long friends on this forum as i am sure many have. Friends do not act this way!!
If there are to be rules for swaps then maybe there should be posted by Sheridan .
Otherwise - Lets Swap !!!

*KnitPixie*
12-06-2007, 03:23 AM
While I agree that there can be more than one swap. I do disagree about the list of people who want to host one.
If there can be multiple swaps then what is the point of a list.
Lets just get on with it! Enough notice was given out well before registration had started . So those who seem to be offended should have had a word before registration had begun, Not when the ball is rolling.
We are all a group on this forum. and if you are all like me i spend more of my time here than i do with my husband lol.
We should embrace any idea and opportunity that comes up that can bring a smile on someones face. I have made life long friends on this forum as i am sure many have. Friends do not act this way!!
If there are to be rules for swaps then maybe there should be posted by Sheridan .
Otherwise - Lets Swap !!!
I totally agree with you Rita! By the whole list thing I meant if there was to be some kind of rule pertaining to one swap at a time.. then I agree with Astonh's Idea . However if there isn't then by all means lets swap away!:teehee:

The.Knitter
12-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Gee, I thought I was in a Knitting Forum, not Romper Room! Who's turn it is??? Come on people. Nobones gave plenty of notice and then started a Swap. There was lots of time to contact her and let her know if someone felt "it was their turn" to organize the next swap. This was not done. I think her idea was very intelligent about having a swap for each territory. There is less chance of parcels going missing when they don't have to cross any borders. The cost is much less for shipping. The shipping time is less.

These Swaps take a lot of time and effort from the organizer. I personally think the "offended" person(s) needs to suck it up and deal with it! Give me a break. We are ADULTS. This is NOT nursery school. We are old enough now that we no longer have to stand in line to get inside the conveted room of choice.

To those who choose to participate in this group function, Swap On! To those who choose not to participate for whatever reason, perhaps next time you might want to. To those who choose to condemn Nobones for arranging this swap, perhaps because you are being so childish we will put you on a time out while the rest of us have lots of fun during recess.

Nobones, keep up the good work and thankyou so much for giving freely of your time and resources to organize and implement the New Year Swap. Do not let one or two bad apples spoil our whole barrel!

Brandy_m
12-06-2007, 08:55 AM
:yay:

momwolf
12-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm not even in this swap and I aggree with TheKnitterhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_5_20.gif
Nobones don't let some person bully you outhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_109.gif

figaro
12-06-2007, 09:39 AM
I am in favor of the swap going on! :grphug:

I can't believe someone would get upset because they did not think of this first so they are not the one to organize it?:?? Are we missing something here? Is there a list of people who are authorized to organize swaps? Please Ellie, continue this swap, everyone who was going to participate in it was so looking forward to it!

Lisa1216
12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
*chanting* EL-LIE....EL-LIE....EL-LIE....:woot: :heart:

BostonBecca
12-06-2007, 10:33 AM
Ok, to the person who was offended, you are ridiculous. Ellie stated way back in the first swap I participated in on this forum, about 6 months ago I believe (not sure) that she wanted to do a swap organization and was planning on doing it in the new year. The idea of calling it is ridiculous and even if that is how it goes, she "called it" way before you. You have what we call in the legal world, a completely meritless complaint.

Ellie was my swap partner in that two part swap and she was amazing. I support her 100%.

Why don't you post on here and tell us what you said to this very nice woman instead of hiding?

I still hope to participate in this swap Ellie.

cdjack
12-06-2007, 10:40 AM
*chanting* EL-LIE....EL-LIE....EL-LIE....:woot: :heart:

:yay: :cheering:
2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?
EL-LIE, EL-LIE, El-LIE

OK, so that was a little dorky, but that is what started going through my head when I read Lisa' post.

Eccie
12-06-2007, 10:47 AM
So what's the verdict? Are we going ahead with this swap or what? I certainly hope we do :)

ArtLady1981
12-06-2007, 08:51 PM
So, my question is this: has Ellie decided to stay with this SWAP as our "guide"...or does she remain "turned off "by the whole thing???
i haven't seen any words from her since her GOODBYE POST.

If she is OUT of this swap...then I am OUT as well. I need to know before I get paired with someone.

Who is our captain for this swap????

PS (added some days later):
To all KH-ers/SwapSisters: I must apologize for the strong tone to this post of mine above. I reeealllllly didn't mean to sound like upset, in a big rush, or pushy. I think my post came off like that to several. Now that I re-read it...ack...I did sound upset, in a big rush and pushy! If I offended anyone, please accept my 'sorry'. Wish I could put the toothpaste back in the tube, as the saying goes! I am really glad that Nobones is still with us! This is my first swap ever...I'm not usually a 'joiner', but I'm happy to be in this one!

alleusion
12-06-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm curious as well. I'd like to participate, but don't know who to send a PM to. Ellie, please reconsider. Some people are just mean and spiteful...I think it starts in kindergarten when they didn't get the red crayon first. (A conversation with my 6 year old niece comes to mind.)

Until something is decided, I shall watch this thread.

Jan in CA
12-06-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't know for sure, but I suspect she was pretty hurt by all that's happened and needed some space. It's also a busy season. Let's have patience and give her some time. :hug:

jeanius80
12-06-2007, 11:53 PM
ellie- i hope you go ahead with your swap! I still think it's a great plan. I also think we should let it go about whatever was said behind the scenes. Ellie and the mods will take care of that.

If i remember correctly, this swap was supposed to take place after the new year, so Ellie still has time to organize and establish her swap. If someone else would like to run another swap , please do! The more the merrier! Heathers (astonh) swap is coming to a close.... so there will be lots of people ready for another ;)

:hug:

ritaw
12-07-2007, 03:42 AM
Everyone please be patient ! The date for partners to be given out was for the 27th Dec. I do know that she will be going away for a few days so please do not push for answers as she will not have access to a computer. I am sure she will reply when she is ready.
Thank you !

Limey
12-07-2007, 02:18 PM
So, my question is this: has Ellie decided to stay with this SWAP as our "guide"...or does she remain "turned off "by the whole thing???
i haven't seen any words from her since her GOODBYE POST.

If she is OUT of this swap...then I am OUT as well. I need to know before I get paired with someone.

Who is our captain for this swap????

If you want to get paired with someone, or start your own particular swap, (as you seem in so much of a rush) please feel free to do so.

As for Ellie, as Rita has said, she's out of town for a few days - gone up to Geordie-land, as a matter of fact - so I am afraid you can't have your answer right away.

Ellie (Limey)

Sanibelle
12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow - I was reading this thread just to sign up for the swap. I am so suprised as to what has taken place. Ellie is one of THE nicest people on this site. I love to read her posts. She did not deserve what happened.

Anyway if this swap is a go with Ellie running it I am in... otherwise I will not particpate...

Ellie if you are reading this, please do not let anyone bully you... you are a wonderful, caring person and you did not deserve this. Let the mods handle it as I am sure they will.. they are great. And come back to us.. we need you and miss you....

knitpurlgurl
12-08-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear that there was some controversy over this swap. How awful. We are suppossed to be a COMMUNITY of knitters. I don't see why there couldn't be 100 different swaps if 100 different people would like to start them. That's what is so great about us as a community. Just like with the KALs, there are as many different knitters and knitting levels as there are themes and wants for swaps. This shouldn't be an all or nothing. If someone doesn't like the parameters or theme of THIS swap, they can start another one. In this way, all of the differences can be met by having different swaps.

Cyber-bullying or just plain intolerance of other people is plain rude and childish. I think the message is this: If you don't prefer this swap, start one of your own. Maybe there are others that don't prefer this swap either. Perhaps your swap would be a better fit for them as well. But don't get nasty over it. There's just no reason. We can all be different and like different things, but don't hurt other people because they were trying to do something nice; trying to bring people together in a community activity.

These activities are here to bring us together, not to exclude anyone or make anyone feel badly.

Knit ON! :hug:

Nobones
12-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Sorry for the absense, it was hubby and mine 10 year anniversary so he took me for a weekend away. No phones, no computers, good food and good company.

Thanks for all your support, I WILL continue on with swap, because so many people have already joined.

I'll be posting a list tomorrow of everone who has sent me questioners so far.

So, lets swap on.

ritaw
12-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Yeahhhhh WTG ! Thats my Girl. Now lets SWAP:)
The more the merrier :)

AngMac
12-09-2007, 01:52 PM
YEAH!!! :woot: Can't wait to have some swapping fun! Oh and Happy Anniversary!

*KnitPixie*
12-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Yay:woot: :yay: :thumbsup: :happydance: :grphug:
Way to go Ellie and congrats on your anniversary:muah: :hug:

cdjack
12-09-2007, 02:14 PM
:hug: :cheering: :happydance: :woohoo: :woot: :yay: :)

and congrats on your anniversary from me, as well.

Eccie
12-09-2007, 02:15 PM
yay!

Mangs
12-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm in too! I live in Nova Scotia.
This is my first swap too!

Brandy_m
12-09-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for all your support, I WILL continue on with swap, because so many people have already joined

HORRAY!! I had so much fun during the WW swap!!!! I am so glad to hear this Ellie!

And..HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and hte DH!!

Sunny_Singer
12-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Congrats on your 10th anniversary :) Glad you could get away for a while too.

Shandeh
12-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm glad everything worked out, my friend.

Have fun with the swap!:hug:

BostonBecca
12-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Happy anniversary! I am so glad to see this message. :)

momwolf
12-09-2007, 10:40 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_50_5.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_17_211.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_32_7.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_21.gif

LauraD
12-09-2007, 11:34 PM
YAY!!!

cindygster
12-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Count me in for sure!! This will be my first swap, so I'm really excited!:muah: :yay:

Nobones
12-10-2007, 09:09 AM
O.K Ladies, (Why do we never have Gents joining in the swap? Maybe they can't handel the 'shopping' bit)

This is the list of people I have had questioners bak from.

RitaW
Figaro
Artlady1981
Knitpurlgirl
gargoylelib
Anastasia Kitchen
oneyarn
Nonni
a.shine.grace
Twowackykids
Lisa1216
Eccie
AngMac
Anahata
laptop.knitter
Stirsmommy
SamSam
KnittinMitchie
LauraD
Sig
Mwhite
msmelody
alleusion
Mangs
Sunny-singer
KnitPixie
Carla 1019
Princess

Cdjack I had a pm sying you forgot to put your screen name on your questioner, but I haven't had the questioner.

Thanks for everyones support recently, I hope everyone has a good swap.

And Yes people do go over budget sometimes it can't be helped when you shop! So if you do you do , if you don't you don't.

alleusion
12-10-2007, 12:49 PM
*dances and sings as much as a pregnant woman can*

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it!

My first swap...weeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Eccie
12-10-2007, 02:20 PM
*bounce* *bounce* *bounce*

*KnitPixie*
12-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Woohoo I am so excited to:blooby: :woot: :woohoo: Come on Gents come and join us..we won't be too hard on you and I think it would fun to see some male oriented swap packages as well. Hmm..I know we are gaining quite a bit of male knitters on this forum let me see who do I know of:
Braden
Mason
BoyforPele13
Rorshach
Jeremy
Luke
riverviewpat
JoeE
Kevyoga1970
Joe-doufu
Simplethings
Landolphe
Wooly_guy
purplemittens
Joel
Sksimpson
Big Chuck

hmm.. There is more I'm sure of it. Does anyone know of any others..well there is quite a bit on ravelry I noticed, we could always recruit them:teehee: J/k

Brandy_m
12-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Hi Ellie! I sent you a questionaire too...didn't you get it ?

Thanks! :)

Jeremy
12-10-2007, 04:18 PM
I wasn't aware that someone was actually keeping a list of male knitters :) I'd like to participate:happydance:

mwhite
12-10-2007, 04:24 PM
I wasn't aware that someone was actually keeping a list of male knitters :) I'd like to participate:happydance:

Keeping a list and checkin it twice! :teehee: (I couldn't resist) ;)

Samsam
12-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Yay. I'm excited already. I love KH swaps.

Lisa1216
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Yay for the swap and Yay for Ellie continuing as our hostess!!! Congrats on your anniversary also!!!

BostonBecca
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
I sent in a questionaire too!

DQ
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm in! :cheering:

Oh and thanks *KnitPixie* for your post in the general forum (even if you were only after the men :teehee: ) because I don't check this forum as often as I should and might have missed this :oops:

ArtLady1981
12-10-2007, 08:07 PM
Nobones: Welcome home! :waving: Welcome back! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to my first SWAP!

*KnitPixie*
12-10-2007, 08:17 PM
Woohoo:woot: I wasn't really keeping a list of male knitters but I tried to make one to prompt you guys to play along:teehee: and I guess it worked sorta:woohoo:

*KnitPixie*
12-10-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm in! :cheering:

Oh and thanks *KnitPixie* for your post in the general forum (even if you were only after the men :teehee: ) because I don't check this forum as often as I should and might have missed this :oops:
No problem:thumbsup: LOL "only after the men" who ME?!..NAH I just wanted them to play along:roflhard: but I am glad it made more people aware of the swap..
the more the merrier:yay:

Sanibelle
12-10-2007, 08:35 PM
I'm in too... I sent you my questionaire. Welcome back, we missed you - glad you had a great anniversary!

*KnitPixie*
12-10-2007, 08:53 PM
Nobones: Welcome home! :waving: Welcome back! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to my first SWAP!
You are gonna love swaps they are so much fun and so very addictive:teehee:

sue in canada
12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Glad to see this is back on. I have never taken part in a swap before but would love to join. Will forward questionaire.

KnittinMitchie
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM
Gesh I don't read the forum for afew days and it gets all out of hand. NoBones :) I'm glad to see you got my PM. I am looking forward to swapping. Been looking at yarn and knitting goodies and planning out what other kind of fun stuff to put in my box. I know from past swaps that the little extras make it all the more fun.

jeanius80
12-11-2007, 12:05 AM
ok ok ok

(it seems i CANNOT avoid joing swaps :blush:)

I joined! WHOOPIE!

ArtLady1981
12-11-2007, 02:44 AM
ok ok ok

(it seems i CANNOT avoid joing swaps :blush:)

I joined! WHOOPIE!

Hi Neighbor! :waving: Hey, wouldn't it be nice if Nobones paired us up?? We could meet for coffee and exchange yarn!! :teehee:

Nobones
12-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Sanibelle
cdjack
DQ
Pennie
Cougarchick
Jeanius80
Sueincanada
BostonBecca

I've had your questions thanks.

Brandy-M, sorry I haven't had yours, did you email or PM?

Jeremy, love to have on this, send me those questions! You too Tarrenterlla.

People have got confused with the dates. Reg by 21st December, Partners by 27th December. Being in the UK we write it differnt sorry to confuse you.

Lisa_H-Town
12-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Nobones, sent you a PM... I am so excited.... :woohoo:(and nervous too... my first time to do something like this)

KnittinMitchie
12-11-2007, 02:49 PM
I hate to be a HUGE pain in the rear, but is there any way you cna put theswap questionair and the people who have sent it to you in the first post? This is just a suggestion to make thing easier for people to find it.

threesmom
12-11-2007, 02:50 PM
You know, I promised myself I would stay out of the next swap, since I've been in one consistently since last summer .... but I can't help myself. I'm in!

Can't wait to get started ... and I'm so glad you chose to do this, Ellie, even with the, um, confusion of the earlier posts. Woo hoo! Now I have something to actually look forward to in January.

I'll send my questions in tonight.:cheering:

Eccie
12-11-2007, 03:07 PM
I've never participated in a swap before and I was wondering is there a set date for things to be mailed? Or just anytime you feel like it after the first? or what?

jeanius80
12-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi Neighbor! :waving: Hey, wouldn't it be nice if Nobones paired us up?? We could meet for coffee and exchange yarn!! :teehee:

i thought the same thing :teehee:

Nobones
12-11-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate to be a HUGE pain in the rear, but is there any way you cna put theswap questionair and the people who have sent it to you in the first post? This is just a suggestion to make thing easier for people to find it.

I'm being a bit thick here so please bear with me, you want me to huh?

I think you want the questioner and a list of the people joined so far on the very first post? If so let me know and I'll do it.

Brandy_m
12-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Brandy-M, sorry I haven't had yours, did you email or PM?

I don't remember LOL! No worries, I just sent it again via PM.

THANK YOU Ellie!

laptop_knitter
12-11-2007, 06:27 PM
I've never participated in a swap before and I was wondering is there a set date for things to be mailed? Or just anytime you feel like it after the first? or what?

Generally there is a final posting date, to make sure everyone gets a parcel before the end of the year, and basically to make sure people have a reminder to post the yarn, instead of hiding it away for themselves lol.

Lisa_H-Town
12-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Eccie:

Registration by 21st December

Partners given 27th December (just in time for those New Year sales!)

Package due by 31st January - If you need longer make sure your swap buddy knows, keep them informed.

From the post waaaaay back there at the beginning..... :) had to refresh my memory earlier today!

Lisa

Eccie
12-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Ah thanks :)

Jeremy
12-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Ellie I sent you a pm with the answers to the questions.

LauraD
12-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Ellie, did you get my questionaire?

Sunny_Singer
12-12-2007, 01:07 AM
Sanibelle
cdjack
DQ
Pennie
Cougarchick
Jeanius80
Sueincanada
BostonBecca

I sent in my answers to the questionnaire by pm.
If you didn't receive let me know and I'll send again.

ahkatelier
12-12-2007, 12:07 PM
I'd like to join this swap. I haven't done this before. It sounds like fun.
Is the questionnaire posted? Or do I wait for an e-mail?
Thanks!:yay:

Lisa1216
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Questionnaire is on Page 4. Just PM your answers to Nobones (Ellie)

bree
12-13-2007, 12:53 AM
I had a lot of fun in the last swap, so I knew I had to join this one too :)

photolady
12-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Count me in, also.
This is my first swap. Am looking forward to it.

Nobones
12-13-2007, 11:59 AM
Crikey we've got a lot of new swappers haven't we?! Swappings a lot of fun.

Some suggestions for the newbies, some people set up a differnt email account and email their buddy from that, (keeps you a secret longer).

When you get your patners I am more than happy to act as a 'go between' and ask questions on your behalf. Make sure you do keep your partner up to date, (say if you need extra posting time etc).

Not long to go and you'll have your patners.

alleusion
12-13-2007, 04:34 PM
LOL the seperate email is a good idea....all my email addresses have alleusion in them I think. I may be able to unearth one that doesn't though :p

tarrentella
12-14-2007, 06:24 AM
sorry if this has already been asked and i've missed it but; how do e know how much yarn to include in the swap packet?

im all excited :)

p.s is there a new year swap icon we can put in our sigs? i would make one but i don't know how!

DQ
12-14-2007, 07:49 AM
sorry if this has already been asked and i've missed it but; how do e know how much yarn to include in the swap packet?

im all excited :)

p.s is there a new year swap icon we can put in our sigs? i would make one but i don't know how!

I think you can include as much as you can buy within your chosen budget :mrgreen:

*KnitPixie*
12-14-2007, 08:39 AM
I always think that a yarn swap package should be mainly yarn like 70% yarn and 30% miscellaneous..because all of us knitters just adore yarn so much:teehee: Plus I think it helps us try new yarns we might not have thought of trying otherwise.Hope this idea helps:muah: :hug:

Nobones
12-15-2007, 06:00 AM
You can put as much or as little yarn in your package as you chose, but it MUST contain some yarn. You'll be given info on your partner likes then you have to find a sneaky way of asking more questions without being found out.

:oops: I can't make buttons. So sorry, but does some one who know how to fancy having a go?

I'm booked in for computer lessons in the new year, but I know that doesn't help now!

I've been making my lists, getting ready to put people together. I know some people will be away for Christmas, so don't worry about that, your partner will be waiting for you when you get back.

Samsam
12-16-2007, 12:49 PM
I made some swap buttons, you can upload them to your computer and put them in your signature or use the direct link.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/samsamabrasam/swapinnewyear3.gif

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/samsamabrasam/swapinnewyear-1.gif

put it in the first "your signature" box. The "signature picture" one will say it's too big.

AngMac
12-16-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for making the buttons SamSam. :yay:

ritaw
12-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks samsam

Nobones
12-16-2007, 02:56 PM
Thanks so much there lovely.

ritaw
12-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Can someone tell me how to add more than one button . I seem to add one then the last one disappears.
I am doing t though edit signature.

Samsam
12-16-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi Can someone tell me how to add more than one button . I seem to add one then the last one disappears.
I am doing t though edit signature.

When you go to edit signature, use the big "your signature" box. click the little mountain "insert image" box and enter the url. Each code should go in their own img tags and show up.

and no problem making the buttons :)

Nobones
12-18-2007, 06:37 AM
3 Days left to register!

Not much longer to go, if you want in on this swap, pm me.

jeanius80
12-18-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm so excited! :yay:

for this swap we are to include- yarn, a knitting notion and a pattern? just want to make sure i get it right! THANKS Ellie!:muah:

Nobones
12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
You are to include, Yarn and a knitting tool (that could be stitch markers or a tape measure etc).

The rest is up to you, if you want to include a pattern you can, if you want to make something you can.

KnittinMitchie
12-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Looks like I'm going to be making more stitch markers :) they are so easy to make and fun too.

Nobones
12-19-2007, 07:12 AM
I don't make stitch markers any more, last time I had to A&E with metal in my eye! :oops:

jeanius80
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
OMG Ellie! thats aweful! (pssst no one let ellie near anything sharp.. well, except her neeldes and hooks LOL)

Curly_Toot
12-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Okay, after some careful consideration... I'm In!
just in time too!

ritaw
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Lol Jeanius80. We have to protect Elli for her own good. No sharp objects lol :)

Eccie
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Waiting for this is almost as bad as waiting for Santa! :teehee:

*KnitPixie*
12-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Waiting for this is almost as bad as waiting for Santa! :teehee:
LOL:teehee: My thoughts exactly!!

Nobones
12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Not much longer to wait. Swap partners will be in your inbox by the 21st December.

Any one wanting to pull out let me know now!
Any one willing to send further afield let me know too, (just in case, but I don't think we'll need to fall back on it)

threesmom
12-20-2007, 10:37 PM
The 21st?!? Does that mean ... tomorrow!!!?? :woot:

ritaw
12-21-2007, 05:13 AM
yeahhhhhhhhhh 21st 21st 21st 21st lol :)

Nobones
12-21-2007, 06:12 AM
By the end of the day everyone should have their partners.

Nobones
12-21-2007, 11:44 AM
First batch sent out, off to have a cup of tea and will then do the rest. It will give my keyboard a chance to cool down!

sig
12-21-2007, 12:58 PM
Got my name!!! yuhuuu!!!! let's play!!! :woohoo:

DQ
12-21-2007, 01:06 PM
I've got mine too!! :woot:

tarrentella
12-21-2007, 01:12 PM
i got my name. yay! im all excited ... now to do some research and some thinking (and some shopping) :D
thanks ellie

GiddyKnitter
12-21-2007, 01:29 PM
I got my name too this is so exciting x

Catz
12-21-2007, 02:11 PM
Got mine today today too.

laptop_knitter
12-21-2007, 04:01 PM
I've got mine, shopping time!

LauraD
12-21-2007, 04:17 PM
I don't have mine yet:-( sigh...

cdjack
12-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Now I'll be checking the computer anxiously until I get my swapper's name! :cheering:

Nobones
12-21-2007, 07:51 PM
This is taking longer than I thought! Bare with me it won't be long now.

PandoraKnits
12-21-2007, 09:45 PM
This is my first swap, and now I have my swappee (is that a word??). I can't wait. When are we supposed to have the "goods" in the mail? I'm sure someone has already said, but I'm a newbie... :)

:woohoo:

laptop_knitter
12-21-2007, 09:55 PM
This is my first swap, and now I have my swappee (is that a word??). I can't wait. When are we supposed to have the "goods" in the mail? I'm sure someone has already said, but I'm a newbie... :)

:woohoo:

Everything should be in the mail by Jan 31st, unless you and your partner arrange for more time

*KnitPixie*
12-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm dying to have my partnerCrossed Fingers but I know these things take time:pout:

KnittinMitchie
12-22-2007, 12:57 AM
I don't have my person yet but no big deal. I have plenty to keep my busy with Christmas 3days away.

Lisa_H-Town
12-22-2007, 02:52 AM
ahhh... got mine.. have already started "research"... this is sooooo exciting... :woot:But -- oh my... I hope I do a good job! (a little neurotic? yeah...)

Question... this is like a circle... right? Where the person I get is not the person that got me? I know that may sound like a silly ques.... but this a "secret" kind of thing? Right? Or no?

redheadrachel
12-22-2007, 03:40 AM
I don't have mine yet, but no worries - as long as I get one!
I'm so excited for my first swap!!!

BostonBecca
12-22-2007, 09:50 AM
I woke up and had my swap partner! I went off to do research and discovered she is on ravelry! Oh the Joy! My spying is so much easier. Just a quick look at her projects and stash and off I shall go!

I'm on Ravelry too if anyone wants to spy. KnittingDefender.

That's all I'm saying.

HAPPY SHOPPING AND KNITTING AND HOLIDAYING.

Samsam
12-22-2007, 10:18 AM
I woke up this morning to a swap partner too! :woot:

Nobones
12-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Thank you all for being so patient, that took a little longer than thought.

Everyone has been sent a partner, if it isn't your email box it will be in your pms or vice versa.

I will be away from my computer tomorrow, but will be back early Christmas Eve to check on messages etc.

If you don't hear from your partner straight away remember they might be away for the Christmas period.

mwhite
12-22-2007, 11:49 AM
OH NO, can't find it!! I don't know whether it's landed in my spam folder or what but those have all been deleted. Nobones, can you just do it in a pm to me? Thanks bunches and sorry for being a pain in the patoodie... Mary

LauraD
12-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes it's a secret...sometimes is doesn't end up that way and it's just as fun though.

I got my Swappee...I have been researching:-)

Eccie
12-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I love being sneaskie :) Goes off to research . . .

*KnitPixie*
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
OH NO, can't find it!! I don't know whether it's landed in my spam folder or what but those have all been deleted. Nobones, can you just do it in a pm to me? Thanks bunches and sorry for being a pain in the patoodie... Mary
Ellie me please too! I am so worried I deleted it:pout:

tarrentella
12-22-2007, 04:58 PM
ahhh... got mine.. have already started "research"... this is sooooo exciting... :woot:But -- oh my... I hope I do a good job! (a little neurotic? yeah...)

Question... this is like a circle... right? Where the person I get is not the person that got me? I know that may sound like a silly ques.... but this a "secret" kind of thing? Right? Or no?

oo glad you asked i was wondering the same thing. i hope it is all secret. much more exciteng that way. although with this and present under the tree i don't know how much more i can take. tehehehehehe:woot: i get giddy easy.:aww:

but i have plans ... evil plans. i hope people like shiney.

redheadrachel
12-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I HAVE A PARTNER :D woohoo!

KnittinMitchie
12-22-2007, 05:46 PM
I hvae a partner TOO :) :) Time start hunting for a good gift.

oneyarn
12-22-2007, 05:47 PM
Came home from work to find my partner waiting for me--yeah! Now to find out more about you--2 of my LYS are having sales where all the yarn is on sale--this is going to be fun.

I also got a nice email last night from the person who got me....

*KnitPixie*
12-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Woohoo I got my partner:woot: Thanks Ellie!

Eccie
12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
So we send an email to the person we got (from a email address they won't recognize as our's) to tease them, to ask questions, etc, right? Or what?

Carla1019
12-22-2007, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to give a heads-up.. I went to Ravelry and added about 10 of you all at once... just so you know that only one of you I have but the rest of you are just to throw off..:happydance: :teehee: So when you see my name just know I may have you or I may not....:wink: :shrug:

Carla1019
12-22-2007, 10:23 PM
So we send an email to the person we got (from a email address they won't recognize as our's) to tease them, to ask questions, etc, right? Or what?

You have the right idea.. You can ask them some really weird questions.. and so weird question. I got asked once if I liked pickels?? I liked that question so much that I then asked my swappee the same one..:teehee: I have a secret gmail and a secret online name here for Knitting help. Can't tell you any more then that Or I might give myself away before I even get started. :noway:

KnittinMitchie
12-22-2007, 11:26 PM
Oh your just our right EVIL :) but I would do the same thing

redheadrachel
12-23-2007, 02:36 AM
So we're supposed to get a fake e-mail account to ask them questions?
Like, more specific about their yarn? Or clarify exactly what kind of gadget thingymabob they want?

bree
12-23-2007, 02:52 AM
I think it's up to you to decide how sneaky you want to be. Though, it is more fun to try to be secretive. In terms of questions, just ask them whatever you want to try to get to know them better or flat out ask what they want.

gargoylelib
12-23-2007, 04:44 AM
Woohoo! Heard from my swapper and contacted my swappee...let
the fun begin!

As far as the being sneaky another idea I have seen people do in
the last couple of swaps is ask sorta general questions here in the
forum...you know like, if you had to choose between this yarn and
that yarn which would you like and then hopefully your partner
posts a response! I just set up a secret gmail acct and kh account
so I can either pm or email my partner but then I have a feeling I
am going to participate in these swaps alot so it was definitely worth
the effort hahaha....

Now, who doesn't like chocolate here? :wink:

Libbie :)

Nobones
12-23-2007, 06:11 AM
Hope everyone is o.k with their swap partners. I'llbe away from the computer now until tomorrow morning. I'm going to see my Dad. Have a lovely day everyone.

mare-nitt
12-23-2007, 06:53 AM
LIfe with out chocolate, I couldn't imagine it.
The good thing about the timing on this swap, is the LYS should be having sales, which will help with the shopping part. :yay:

DQ
12-23-2007, 07:52 AM
Hope everyone is o.k with their swap partners. I'llbe away from the computer now until tomorrow morning. I'm going to see my Dad. Have a lovely day everyone.

Hope you and everyone else has a lovely day too :mrgreen:

Lisa1216
12-23-2007, 09:43 AM
:cheering: I now have a partner!! This is going to be fun!

Eccie's Pal
12-23-2007, 09:56 AM
Hey Eccie :waving:

Eccie
12-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey Eccie :waving:

:woot:

Hello swapper-type person! Did I ever tell you that you have the most beautiful eyes?;)

(Hey, it couldn't hurt to suck up a little could it?):teehee:

KnittinMitchie
12-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Now, who doesn't like chocolate here? :wink:

I'm alla bout chocolate. Gimme Gimme Gimme
I did a Secret Santa swap on a nother froum and my Pal sent me Chocolate coal. Talk about funny.

ritaw
12-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Have a great time :grphug:

alleusion
12-23-2007, 01:54 PM
I got my partner!! I almost had 2 at one point :teehee:

And lucky me, I've just discovered 2 LYS semi-near me. If you consider a 30-40 min drive near me. I think I'll take the weekend to do some preliminary research and then send out questions tomorrow or after the holidays.

Happy swapping!

someone-secret-pal
12-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Hello miccisue:woot:

Guess who I am? I am your secret pal.:cool: I am working on getting to know you and will have questions for you latter in the week. So keep your eyes open for an e-mail.

jeanius80
12-23-2007, 09:17 PM
thanks ellie! my not-so-secret partner and i'll will get to finally meet inperson! and lucky me, my lys is having a sale right after christmas... :yay: off to spy on ravelry ;)

ArtLady1981
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
thanks ellie! my not-so-secret partner and i'll will get to finally meet inperson! and lucky me, my lys is having a sale right after christmas... :yay: off to spy on ravelry ;)

Hi Jeanie! :waving: BIG HUGS! :hug:

Your Swap Partner! :cheering:

Dollyce aka Artlady

KnittinMitchie
12-23-2007, 11:43 PM
I dont know if my person is on ravelry. :( I might have to go digging.

What colors are good for deep reds? are we talking something likea maroon? and a vibrant blue I guess that would be bright.

ahkatelier
12-24-2007, 03:09 PM
This is my first yarn swap. I received my partner and am searching for info. I couldn't find her on Ravelry so I PM'd her. This is so cool!
Thank you for starting this. It's a great end-of-year/beginning project for the new year. :balloons:

*KnitPixie*
12-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I didn't even talk to my pal yet and I am already soo excited:woot: I am cooking up lots of ideas for ONE OF YOU haha and think it is going to be a great package. Now to hope she likes itCrossed Fingers It seems like we are complete opposites and even though the colors are not my favorite they are what she likes and I am hoping to hit the nail on the head:wink:

So Now I have you all wondering hmm ...what are her favourite colors, are they opposite from mine..could she be MY swap pal let me check ravelry:eyebrow: :out:

HAHA too many people you'll never figure me out:teehee:

Dark Hippy
12-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Aw.. I wish I had seen this in time to sign up.. -tear-

gargoylelib
12-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Aw.. I wish I had seen this in time to sign up.. -tear-
Oh don't worry...about the time this one is finishing up someone
will likely start up another one! There seems to be swaps happening pretty regularly so just keep your eyes open!

a.shin.grace
12-25-2007, 04:34 PM
I haven't gotten an email with my swap partner yet. I got an email from someone who has me, but I have no one to shop for!

photolady
12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
When will I get the info on the person I'm supposed to swap with?

Nothing yet.

Carla1019
12-25-2007, 07:46 PM
You should of recieved the names of you swapee,, if not have you checked you PM box? or Spam? I know NOBones should be back on here soon.

a.shin.grace
12-26-2007, 03:29 AM
No PMs, nothing but spam in the spam box I guess I'll just wait a little longer, my name was on the original "these are the ones who signed up so far" list she gave out a whiiiiiiile ago. So hopefully I still have a swapee!

*KnitPixie*
12-26-2007, 03:54 AM
No PMs, nothing but spam in the spam box I guess I'll just wait a little longer, my name was on the original "these are the ones who signed up so far" list she gave out a whiiiiiiile ago. So hopefully I still have a swapee!
I wouldnt worry too much:muah: :hug: When Ellie first sent me my swapper it didnt go through properly for some strange reason and she didnt know that was the case until I pmed her and then she promptly sent it through again,that time it worked;) I am sure she will be back soon and help straighten things out for you:thumbsup:

a.shin.grace
12-26-2007, 04:44 AM
cool, I'll wait a couple days and PM her when she gets back if I still don't have a partner. Thanks.

KnitPrincess
12-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Don't worry I am still waiting for my pal too:) ...I wonder who it will be hmmm..... :p

KnittinMitchie
12-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I've got a partner but no address to sent it to but Ellie know this already. Now I just need to go shopping for yarn and goodies.

KnitPrincess
12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
I kept checking my mail and my pms but both said there was nothing there from Ellie...one of them was wrong and it was my pm....mean little message keeper lol....So I clicked on the private messages to get rid of some messages and guess what.... I got my partner:happydance:... bet you want to know who you are...but I am not gonna tell....hahahaha let the fun begin.....
To all those who may think they didn't get theres check your pms anyway maybe it is hiding in there. :)

mare-nitt
12-26-2007, 05:22 PM
I sent a message to my buddy today. Asking for suggestions.

But, I have not heard from who ever has my name. (I figure they got alot of presents for Christmas and they are busy with them!)

sanibelle2008swappal
12-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Sanibelle,

Hi I am your secret pal! I sent you an email I hope to hear from you very soon!

KnitPrincess
12-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Hello pal....
you don't know who you are, but I do. I am looking for yarn for you...very pretty yarn from____________ and _____________ and possibly___________. Hmmmm what to buy....I like them all....

sue in canada
12-27-2007, 09:01 AM
I have been reading all my swap buddy's old posts to get ideas. Now to go shopping.

mwhite
12-27-2007, 10:07 AM
I haven't heard from my buddy yet but that may be my fault and this bloomin "spam" folder thing. :oo: I'm afraid I'm not very computer savvy and may have deleted it. If so, please contact me again! Mary

NewYearsSwapScouter
12-27-2007, 10:15 AM
We may have a psychic connection, mwhite! Check your PM!

mwhite
12-27-2007, 10:24 AM
:woohoo: :woot: :cheering: YAY!!! I didn't delete you!!! So glad you didn't give up on me! Off...................to check my pm! Mary

ritaw
12-27-2007, 12:18 PM
I have not heard from my buddy yet either. But it is Christmas , so no rush.
Maybe they have all they need to know about me lol :)

Carla1019
12-27-2007, 12:21 PM
I have contacted my swapee, but have not heard from them yet.
And I have not heard from my sercret pal. But like you said RitaW, it is Christmas and they may be busy, I can wait.

threesmom
12-27-2007, 12:55 PM
SOO frustrating!! I actually attempted to create a secret identity so I could contact my swappee ... but I gave myself a birthday of 12/07 -:doh: so I am required to now have my parents - or me - sign essentially a permission slip before I can post, so I STILL can't contact my swappee! Serves me right for being sneaky!

So someone can rest assured knowing I am thinking of them, and planning on searching all these sales for something just perfect!

Samsam
12-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I have not heard from my partner yet..she's probably knitting with some beautiful yarn she got from the holiday or being sneaky..two can play at that game :)

mwhite
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
SOO frustrating!! I actually attempted to create a secret identity so I could contact my swappee ... but I gave myself a birthday of 12/07 -:doh: so I am required to now have my parents - or me - sign essentially a permission slip before I can post, so I STILL can't contact my swappee! Serves me right for being sneaky!

So someone can rest assured knowing I am thinking of them, and planning on searching all these sales for something just perfect!

:roflhard: :roflhard: Poor baby! LOL This sounds like something I would do, too! :teehee:

Carla1019
12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
[quote=threesmom;1030456]I actually but I gave myself a birthday of 12/07 -:doh:[quote]

I guess when we see a "secret pal" name all we will have to do is check out the birthday and see if it is you!! :roflhard: :happydance: :teehee:

DQ
12-27-2007, 05:43 PM
A general question...

Would you prefer less items (both yarn and knitting tool) that are more luxurious or more slightly cheaper items?

:??:oops:

Carla1019
12-27-2007, 05:56 PM
DQ.. I would love the more luxurious item then more cheap. I can get cheap here where I live.

KnitPrincess
12-27-2007, 06:03 PM
For A small item the expensive yarn..for a bigger project of course the less expensive yarn :) So if you are my pal go by the pattern you are sending..or by what you feel I would like better :) it is after all a gift I am sure whatever we are sent is going to be great no matter the price.:muah: That was thoughtful to ask us though.

KnitPrincess
12-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Samsam thanks for making the 2008 swap button!

KnittinMitchie
12-28-2007, 12:02 AM
Hello pal....
you don't know who you are, but I do. I am looking for yarn for you...very pretty yarn from ___ and___and possibly ___ Hmmmm what to buy....I like them all....
A general question...
Would you prefer less items (both yarn and knitting tool) that are more luxurious or more slightly cheaper items?

:??:oops:

Hello pal....
you don't know who you are, but I do. I am looking for yarn for you...very pretty yarn from Paton's and Caron and possibly Lion Hmmmm what to buy....I like them all....If it where me thats the brands I like

I'm not one to turn down cheaper supplies. I'm all about a good deal on stuff

Doodknitwit
12-28-2007, 12:45 AM
:blooby: :blooby: :blooby: :blooby: :blooby: :blooby:

Nobones
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Hello everyone, hope the people that celebrate the season had fun. I have a hang over so today so please tip-toe about for a couple of hours could you? Thanks...

Anyway, have we all got partners now?! Yes even I have one! I get to send a goody box out too! Wonder who that person could be?

Some people are a little confused, remember, you have someones name and you buy for them. Someone else will have your name. It's not swapping with the same person. More of a secret Santa but none of only one of us is a man. Clear? Yes I know as muddy water! Complicated stuff this swaping!

How are people doing?

Lisa1216
12-28-2007, 08:54 AM
it is after all a gift I am sure whatever we are sent is going to be great no matter the price.:muah: That was thoughtful to ask us though.
I agree....whatever you would like to send will be nice. :)

princess
12-28-2007, 01:37 PM
ok, im sort of confused, i just got back from the holidays and checked my pm, and it listed my swappee but then underneath it was another one, was it a copy paste error? or am i supposed to have two people?

ahhh! and i noticed that on the form i sent about me, i put my address with my parents zip code! if you see this person who has me, my zippy is 48864! the confusion living two places a year can cause lol!

KnittinMitchie
12-28-2007, 02:15 PM
To My swap pal your box is in the mail. my DH took it with him today while out running around. I hope your box makes it to you safe and sound..

ritaw
12-28-2007, 02:21 PM
To My swap pal your box is in the mail. my DH took it with him today while out running around. I hope your box makes it to you safe and sound..
WOW ! you are fast lol. Could this be a record for the fastest swap sent ?:woot:

msmelody
12-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Goodness gracious. I have not even bought anything yet. I am still trying to get a fix on what I think my swappee would like.

jeanius80
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
lol joanne! me too... i think i'll be shopping today for sure. Can't wait to fondle yummy pretty yarns YAY!

DQ
12-28-2007, 04:54 PM
DH has said he'll take me shopping tomorrow :cheering:

Nobones
12-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Princess I only sent you 1 PM, could you please forward me the message you said you have.

someone-secret-pal
12-28-2007, 05:51 PM
miccisue Sorry for yelling,, But I am trying to get a hold of Miccisue.. I have sent you an e-mail that I got from Nobone and I tried one thought PM and I have not heard from you yet. I just want to make sure my e-mail is going thought if not I need a new one or a different way. I have a list Of questions I like to ask you. PLEASE.. I hope you see this.:mrgreen:
Your Secret Pal

KnitPrincess
12-28-2007, 06:36 PM
I talked to the person that I am sending yummy yarn and yarn stuff to, and I have heard back from that person. I have not heard from the person who has me yet though...I bet they are busy fondling yarn that they got over the holidays or they are trying to find a way to be super sneaky......:poke: hi pal....who ever you are :poke:whatcha doing pal :poke:huuuuuhhhh lol

Samsam
12-28-2007, 08:58 PM
On monday, a lys of mine is having a sale! hopefully they'll be some yarn my swapper will like :)

jeanius80
12-28-2007, 09:55 PM
i got stuff for my swapper! whoo hoo! now to package it nicely :)

LauraD
12-29-2007, 12:14 AM
I have not heard from the person who has me yet...I hope I wasn't lost in a SPAM folder!

alleusion
12-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Bummer, I can't even go shopping until close to the deadline. I'm working on questions for my swap person, so they'll be getting an email soon-ish.

laptop_knitter
12-29-2007, 07:27 AM
Bummer, I can't even go shopping until close to the deadline. I'm working on questions for my swap person, so they'll be getting an email soon-ish.

Maybe one question could be "Do you mind if I post it a couple days late?". Just in case