PDA

View Full Version : Who are YOUR KH-ers of the Year - and why?

Limey
11-23-2007, 09:01 PM
HI

I was reading Rebecca's post over on the Knit-Along forum and part of what she said was:

"It’s the Pay It Forward Exchange. It’s based of the concept (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_it_forward)of the movie “Pay it Forward” where acts or deeds of kindness are done without expecting something in return, just passing it on ..."

It occurred to me that almost every single day on KH there are two very special people who help all they can - one of them directly helps KH members and the other lady helps people experiencing very difficult times.

I'm talking about Suseeq and Shandeh, of course.

If anyone's got a problem with their knitting - doesn't matter if they're a newby, more advanced, whatever - Suseeq is always unstinting with help and advice. I'm sure she's helped more new knitters than you could shake a needle at! Hundreds of threads to her name.

Shandeh is a non-stop charity worker - I once asked on the Charity Knitting Forum if anyone knew of where to get hat patterns for premature babies - Shandeh was back in two ticks, with a list of links as long as your arm!

Anyway, I would vote Shandey and Suseeq as my KH-ers of 2007.

They certainly deserve a Vote of Thanks from everyone here.

If you know a KH-er who deserves a special mention, please post their names.

I think it would be a nice gesture to award little token Prizes of Thanks.

Love to know your thoughts.

All the Best

Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com

GinnyG
11-23-2007, 09:05 PM
I think there are many special people on KH, some well known some behind scenes and more quiet. Everyone on the forum contributes to it success in their own special way. It would be unfair to single out two.

momwolf
11-23-2007, 09:07 PM
Ingrid & Jan also http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_30_126.gif

feministmama
11-23-2007, 09:11 PM
I think there are many special people on KH, some well known some behind scenes and more quiet. Everyone on the forum contributes to it success in their own special way. It would be unfair to single out two.

what Ginny said

Limey
11-23-2007, 09:18 PM

I totally agree with you - everyone here IS special - trouble is, if people are 'behind the scenes' , I've no way of knowing who they are.

This is just an opportunity for you (and everyone else) to thank someone who's given you a bit of help or 'gone that extra mile' - it's mainly a thank you for their efforts.

All the Best

Ellie

Mulderknitter
11-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, gosh, there is no way to single out anyone. We all have our own stuff we are good at and post responses to.
But then there's Sheldon,who makes the site run, and Amy, the genius behind the scenes. There are the mods, there are the KAL leaders, the charity knitting leaders...
I guess what I mean is that even though our knitting forum has grown, there are still the core peoples that make it work.
And of course I think I might nominate EVERY SINGLE PERSON that posts here, because we are a mighty unique, generous, and intelligent group of people in an age when it seems to be needed most

hellokitty165
11-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I wanted to thank everyone who knits... becos' of yours and my existance... the yarn and needle maker will make more cool stuff... others will come up with more unique knitting patterns... people ( those genius' here ) will help those who had questions/problem on the piece that they are knitting :hug: ...

the "darling" couple who put up this fabulous website :thumbsup: ... my DH who had been financially support me all this time :muah:

I am proud to be a knitter

jeanius80
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
hmm. i think this is a great way for everyone to be able to give a special 'thanks' to a few peoplwe who have directly made them feel thankful.

I don't think limey meant to single out or ignore others. :heart:

I'd like to thank Shandeh (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=11653) for her efforts in charity work (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29) and 'enabling' others to be more involved charity-wise. I know i wouldn't have done any charity work this year if i hadn't helped on the oddball blankets and shawls :hug:Thanks for being so generous all around!

I'd also like to thank the any socks KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62407) group as a whole for being so supportive and helpful for each other and sharing advice, links, patterns, yarn, and holding hands when someone is learning a new technique, a shoulder to lean on when anything goes wrong (sock knitting or just life in general), and cheering each other on when we get it right! :muah:

Limey
11-24-2007, 02:46 AM
hmm. i think this is a great way for everyone to be able to give a special 'thanks' to a few peoplwe who have directly made them feel thankful.

I don't think limey meant to single out or ignore others. :heart:

I'd like to thank Shandeh (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/member.php?u=11653) for her efforts in charity work (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29) and 'enabling' others to be more involved charity-wise. I know i wouldn't have done any charity work this year if i hadn't helped on the oddball blankets and shawls :hug:Thanks for being so generous all around!

I'd also like to thank the any socks KAL (http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62407) group as a whole for being so supportive and helpful for each other and sharing advice, links, patterns, yarn, and holding hands when someone is learning a new technique, a shoulder to lean on when anything goes wrong (sock knitting or just life in general), and cheering each other on when we get it right! :muah:

Thanks alot Jeanius for clarifying things.

BY nominating two of my own special KH-ers doesn't mean that I think any less of everyone else or detract from all the effort that other people put into the site and I certainly didn't mean to ignore anyone.

All the Best

Ellie
http://www.countonknit.com

DQ
11-24-2007, 06:51 AM
I have lots of admiration for Nobones and Silver :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: But I think everyone here is special :mrgreen: :notworthy: :hug:

Debkcs
11-24-2007, 08:14 AM
I have to say that everyone on this board that I've had any dealings with has been wonderful. Ingrid and Jan come back so fast with answers they would have to go to the top of my list along with Amy and Sheldon.

mommydearest
11-24-2007, 10:37 AM
I'll thank everyone on this site. It was a fortunate day for me to come across this site, it has been a tremendous help.

:muah: :yay: :muah:

THANK YOU!

Mary

GiddyKnitter
11-24-2007, 10:54 AM
I too would like to thank everyone on KH...This has to be the best site ever...I really dont know what I did before I used KH. Even though most of you are over sea's so to speak I really feel like your just around the corner. I also would like to thank everyone that uses the site without you there wouldn't be a KH!!!!

Nobones
11-24-2007, 12:23 PM
There are many people who have helped me on here during my short time on here.

I think I'd 'Momwolf' deserves a 'heads-up' it seems no matter what your problem she has link to fix it, be a pattern link or a link to get the right tool for the right job.

I would also have name RitaW, without her I'd have nothing to do, she keeps me my addiction fed!

Knitting_Guy
11-24-2007, 12:24 PM
Amy and Sheldon for making this community possible, and all of the mods who help herd the cats.

cindycactus
11-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks to everyone who keeps this site running. Sheldon, Amy, the mods and to Silver who got me knitting socks.:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

G J
11-24-2007, 03:48 PM
Everyone already mentioned certainly deserves it! I'd like to add Jints for helping me with issues on a number of occasions....I'm sure there are MANY MORE!

If you've ever answered the call on the Knitting Help Forum, THANKS! Even if I didn't start the post, I learn from the answers!

mare-nitt
11-24-2007, 05:42 PM
I would like to say thank you to everyone that makes KH possible, and that would be everyone who posts and the creators and the maintainers.
The knowledge that is shared here is amazing, and sometimes just reading the posts is all it takes to learn. There is always an answer to a question.

suzeeq
11-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Jints and also redwitch, make some valuable contributions to this board. And catch me out on my goofs..... :)

lelvsdgs
11-24-2007, 10:42 PM
Everyone on here has been so helpful and friendly! I think you all are my KH-ers of the year! :notworthy:

Braden
11-24-2007, 10:46 PM
I think everyone on this board is great, but if I had to single out two people (not trying to play favorites here), but, they would be Ingrid and Jan.

And Sandy! She is the most generous person I have ever known. How many people do you possibly believe would do all of the charity activities she does? I could count that number of people on less than one hand.

Doodknitwit
11-24-2007, 11:46 PM
ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shandeh

Shandeh
11-25-2007, 12:29 AM
:muah: You are all such sweeties. :)
Thank you for the love. cloud9

I can't choose a favorite, because there have been so many times that different people have helped me in the forum.

I admire Ingrid SO much, for her knitting abilities, and for her incredible wisdom.

Jan is always there, and is a great knitter as well.

Silver is so smart and talented!!

Kemp has great patterns, and has a wonderful attitude.

Braden is an AMAZING knitter.

Amy and Sheldon have done TONS of work to make this website for all of us. I just love the videos, and encourage people to use them almost every day.

And I'm SO thankful for all the Oddball Knitters. There are over 100 knitters involved in our charity blankets and shawls. They are AWESOME! :hug:

jodstr2
11-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I love everyone on here who posts positive and helpful things and encourages others. :heart: :hug: :cheering:

rachejm
11-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I'd like to thank everyone because I know that whenever I have a problem there are always lots of people there to help and when I do something right you guys are the ones I know will appreciate the sense of achievement that comes with it.

I would particularly like to thank the HP KAL knitters because without them I don't know if I would've found the inspiration to carry on knitting.

ArtLady1981
11-25-2007, 03:38 PM
I love all KH-ers! :heart:

There are more than a few who have helped me personally get my "sea legs" here at KH! Some through public posts, some through private messages.

We have many big-hearted, generous knitters joined together here at KH! I think it starts with the leadership, and their spirit moves on down the chain! Amy and Sheldon have created a great knitting environment here at KH...and I thank them very much! :muah: