PDA

View Full Version : good pattern for learning to increase/decrease?

LaFlaca1226
11-23-2007, 09:43 PM
I just finished my first project! :cheering:

Now I want to start another small project that would help me learn to increase and decrease. I'm just overwhelmed by how much is out there online! I have needles in size 6 and 8, and I have Caron Simply Soft yarn. (I realize that I will eventually need to branch out and buy some other needles.)

I would really appreciate any links you have to projects like this!

Jints
11-23-2007, 09:55 PM
This is a great versatile pattern.
In any yarn, keep it small as dishcloth, go larger for baby blanket, or stop after first half, for a shawl or kerchief.
http://www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html

LaFlaca1226
11-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Perfect - thank you. I tried to get that pattern earlier from the link on KH, but it kept coming up as an error. I'll make that one next!

Jints
11-23-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes I got the Error as well, so I went to their home page to search it out from there.
Happy Knitting. :thumbsup:

suzeeq
11-24-2007, 12:07 AM
And browse through the whole site - it's got lots of great st patterns you can use as a reference or make dishcloths from for practice. It's amazing what you get when you combine knit and purl in different ways!

LaFlaca1226
11-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Wow, the dishcloth boutique is so cool! I showed DH, who rolled his eyes when beckoned to the computer, but was soon scrolling through all the patterns saying "WOW, look at this one, honey!" :teehee: