PDA

View Full Version : Tunisian Scarflet

kkatt82
11-24-2007, 11:33 AM
I don't know if you all have seen the Pidge (http://www.3feapparel.com/pageCollection.html), a knitted neck scarf that sells for about $300!!! Anyway, I saw it and thought... that would look GREAT in Tunisian Crochet. I wasn't about to spend a ton on pure cashmere but I did spend $14 on 2 skeins of LB Organic Cotton that is SO soft. I haven't bought the buttons yet but I just couldn't wait to post a pic.

I'm working on writing up the pattern. It took me some trial and error to figure out how to do button holes in Tunisian :lol

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/kkatt82/Goodies/P1000786.jpg

marykz
11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
wow- that is gorgeous!!! I bet is it really soft and warm- great job!! I'll have to check out the picture!

GiddyKnitter
11-24-2007, 12:14 PM
I really like that and the color is lovely...Pity it is crocheted though!

kkatt82
11-24-2007, 03:49 PM
I really like that and the color is lovely...Pity it is crocheted though!

Hmm... I've been waiting a while to respond because I wasn't really sure how you meant that comment. Is there a reason you say that it's a PITY that it is crocheted? Just trying to figure out what you meant?

marykz
11-24-2007, 05:30 PM
I'd love to have the pattern when you get it worked up- I've been thinking all afternoon now about tunisian crochet and button holes. "how DID she do that part?!"

I was thinking slip stitches, but I've never tried that in tunisian.

what a great gift that would make!

kkatt82
11-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I'd love to have the pattern when you get it worked up- I've been thinking all afternoon now about tunisian crochet and button holes. "how DID she do that part?!"

I was thinking slip stitches, but I've never tried that in tunisian.

what a great gift that would make!

I just finished up the pattern this afternoon. You can find it on my blog (click the link in my siggy) :)

I'm glad you like it! :) :) :)

samm
11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I love your version of the Pidge! I'd been thinking about the kind of yarn to make one, and tunisian crochet makes a very lovely one!!! Not sure what that other poster was on about, though, not your fault. I hope it was nothing, or I read it wrong or something. I'm off to check your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your pattern!! samm

Debkcs
11-25-2007, 08:11 PM
I like yours more than theirs! Thanks for writing up the pattern.

Sure hope they kept very hot studio lights on that girl!;)

BTW, I think the other poster probably doesn't know how to crochet?

knitrageous
11-25-2007, 09:46 PM
That's really nice! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

PamJ
11-25-2007, 11:40 PM
That's beautiful!! I've never tried Tunisian crochet. Thanks for the great pattern and good tips about it on your blog.

CountryKitty
11-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Nicely done! And a nice project especially for Tunisian/afghan stitch--with the heavy rib on the backside it's almost like having an extra layer of insulation. Ought to be nice and warm.

(Hmmmmmm...I ought to have some Lion Homepsum left over after the scarf for DS is done...and I love the Tunisian mock-knit stitch....Oh, Boy, a new project!)

Mariblue
11-26-2007, 08:59 PM
That is beautiful! Very, very pretty. :cheering: