PDA

View Full Version : Ravelry and Flickr

brendajos
11-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Anybody having trouble getting into their Flickr account through Ravelry? I keep putting in my screen name in the uploader and it doesn't go anywhere. I even sucked it up and opened up Firefox to see if that was the issue and it wasn't. I tried last night and tried again just now and neither is working. Anybody else? :??

~~~~~ Problem solved~~~~~

dustinac
11-25-2007, 10:47 AM
:teehee: mine seems to be working ok...do you always have to enter in your flickr id? My id has always been there for me on the edit photos page and I just hit the search button...I don't have to put in my flickr id

brendajos
11-25-2007, 10:51 AM
well i haven't added anything in a long time, so I didnt think anything of having to put in my ID. I am sure I have cleared my cookies more than once since the last time I updated. (Have I mentioned how much I hate Flickr?...lol)

Well heck... hrmmm... :think:

dustinac
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I keep hoping soon we will be able to just upload from our computers... I have to keep deleting photos from flickr cause I don't want to buy the pro account :teehee: ...

Here (http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/help/31358/26-50#33)is a ravelry thread I found on flickr problems

Knitting_Guy
11-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I haven't had any problems at all with it.

kristinw
11-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Weird. If I go to your profile and click, it does bring me right to your FLickr page. Well, maybe. THe Flickr page it brings me to is for brendajos70. Is that you? On your Ravelry profile page, it just says brendajos. Are you having problems adding a picture to a project?

knitgal
11-25-2007, 12:25 PM
I had a lot of trouble in the beginning with Flickr. I found, as silly as it sounds, that if I refresh the page it really helps. Actually I need to refresh my page on Ravelry quite a bit or else I don't see any changes I've made.

ArtLady1981
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM
I haven't had any problems with it, either.

After I create a project (or, yarn) page, click SAVE on the project page...then click the EDIT PHOTOS tab...and it will expose the FLICKR thing at the bottom of the page. Click SEARCH and your most recently added FLICKR photos will appear. You can drag and drop them into your project (or, yarn) page.

Remember, you have to SAVE the project (or, yarn) page first. Then you can add/edit photos.

I hope this helps. I am a little fuzzy on what you are experiencing.

I finally upped the moolah for FLICKR Pro. It gave me unlimited photo space, AND the coolest FLICKR PhotoUploader...and the uploader even re-sizes the photos! You can upload by searching your Pictures, or, you can drag/drop photos into the uploader. It is way cool. FLICKR Pro is worth the money. It is a real timesaver.
Especially that part about the automatic re-sizing! It eliminated my least favorite CHORE.

brendajos
11-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I actually don't think flickr is worth the money, for me, when it doesn't hold videos like photobucket does and it didn't REALLY limit me to how many pics or folders i could put up while it was free like flickr does (it does have a pic limit but it isn't something i have even gotten CLOSE to hitting yet.) But that's neither here nor there. i am in the minority amongst most of my friends in my feelings on flickr...lol.

What happens is that i go to add a project to my pictures and i go down to where the flickr uploader thing is, and it asks for my screen name. There are two possibilities and it doesn't recognize either of them, it seems. When i enter either name it seems to think for a second and then it deletes the name from the field and does nothing.

I clearly know HOW to add pictures, since I already have pictures up there.... but for some reason it isn't even letting me get at my pictures. I have adjusted all the settings I can think to adjust on Flickr that would block it from working, but nothing seems to help. Ready to give up for a while at this point...lol.

ArtLady1981
11-26-2007, 05:04 PM
I have to admit....what prompted me to go Flickr Pro was at their prompting. They said unless I started deleting photos...some of my earlier photos would not be viewable. Ack. So since Ravlery works best with FLICKR...I paid out the dough.

Kinda sucks.

I like Photobucket, too! They don't automatically re-size the photos to postage stamps. I use Photobucket to post photos on KH becuase you can see more detail. At the suggestion of our MODS...I resize down to at least 600x800...upload into Photobucket...and post in the KH thread.

Shandeh
11-27-2007, 04:59 PM
I really like Flickr. My hubby bought me a Pro account for my birthday, so now I'll remember to get it updated every year.

It works very well with all my online stuff: KH, Blogger, Ravelry, eBay. It's great. :)

Lisa R.
11-27-2007, 08:06 PM
brendajos, I had the same problem the other day,and got so frustrated that I just opened another flickr account. I only had a few photos in there, since it was a fairly new acct. and I was just getting started on ravelry.

If I'd had tons on there, I probably have check with "help" (assuming free accts can get tech support--I gave up before getting to that point)

betty bat
11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Um, no offense, but isn't it kind of weird to be asking a question about Ravelry on the Knittinghelp board? I know there's a lot of joint membership across the boards, but it seems a little disloyal (for want of a better word!) to me.

brendajos
11-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I think Sheldon and Amy are pretty secure in my loyalty to KH at this point...lol

Ravelry isn't competition... much like Knitty isn't competition or magknits or craftster... it's a completely different experience than KH is, so no... i don't think it is weird at all.

Shandeh
11-28-2007, 01:01 AM
I agree Brenda. No disloyalty at all.