PDA

View Full Version : Western Michigan?

BlueEyezz
11-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Or southwestern really. . .

I'm located in Kalamazoo.

Anyone located nearby? If so, where are your favorite area places to find yarn? Do you go to any specific knitting nights at these places??

I'm looking to connect to more knitting buddies. :)

knitpearlz
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
hello Blue,
I'm over in Pontiac. I'm new to knitting, still working on getting different needles sizes. I probably won't be trying to get any good yarn until February. I don't know of any places, but I recently met a lady that's been knitting for several years and she knows of some good places. She told me she purchased some yarn for $36 dollars a hank, Whoa! lol

bethany
11-27-2007, 08:58 PM
hi! I'm in Grand Rapids! I've only been to City Knitting in GR (cityknitting.com) and Michaels, Hobby Lobby. There is a K1P2 group at a bookstore called Schulers on 28th Street that meets the 2nd Tues of the month---and the author of Stitch 'N Bitch Debbie Stoller is going to be there for book signing tomorrow, Nov 28 at 6:30!

BlueEyezz
11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
hello Blue,
I'm over in Pontiac. I'm new to knitting, still working on getting different needles sizes. I probably won't be trying to get any good yarn until February. I don't know of any places, but I recently met a lady that's been knitting for several years and she knows of some good places. She told me she purchased some yarn for $36 dollars a hank, Whoa! lol

Yeah, the local store that I go to, called Handweavers, has skeins of cashmere for $30+ each. It's the pure cashmere stuff, too, and not that soft. I can't buy yarn that's not soft, lol. . .

I, too, and working on building my needle collection, though I've asked for an interchangeable kit for Christmas. Here's hoping!

BlueEyezz
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
hi! I'm in Grand Rapids! I've only been to City Knitting in GR (cityknitting.com) and Michaels, Hobby Lobby. There is a K1P2 group at a bookstore called Schulers on 28th Street that meets the 2nd Tues of the month---and the author of Stitch 'N Bitch Debbie Stoller is going to be there for book signing tomorrow, Nov 28 at 6:30!

My boyfriend's family is from GR, and we're up there frequently enough. I'll have to check out that store!

I so with I could go meet Debbie Stoller. I don't have her book, but I've browsed it and it's on my wishlist to buy.

bethany
11-28-2007, 09:48 AM
it's in East Town--you can eat b'fast at Wolfgangs, lunch at Yesterdog or Bombay Cuisine, then shop! :)

BlueEyezz
11-28-2007, 07:32 PM
lol, we go over to that part of town a lot. the boyfriend is addicted to Yesterdog and the Hookah lounge. Lol. . .

knitpearlz
11-28-2007, 10:14 PM
lol...I hope you get it! I like the soft yarn too, I have some Knit Picks Panache, a beautiful cream color and burgundy and Wool Cotton Blend by Sensations. Im waiting for the right project to use it on. I don't want to use it for practicing with. I better stop feeling on the Panache before I get it dirty! LOL

bethany
11-29-2007, 09:59 AM
I've been thinking a lot about Yesterdog myself...mmmm....

Meina
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Howdy

I live in alaska michigan in Caledonia.
Hello from michigan. I have been knitting alot of hats and socks and scarfs with my loom. Works great.
Let me know if you are in the caledonia area.

Meina

Cinnaminn
07-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Howdy

I live in alaska michigan in Caledonia.
Hello from michigan. I have been knitting alot of hats and socks and scarfs with my loom. Works great.
Let me know if you are in the caledonia area.

Meina

If it helps, I don't live in Caledonia but I drive by Alaska whenever I get a chance to visit my daughter, her husband & our new granddaughter, Kylie (born 6/7/08). They live in Caledonia.

:knitting:

Rubie
07-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi there! I grew up in Gobles, MI. Now I am Indiana,because of my work.

Rubie
07-29-2008, 10:27 AM
Hello, Rubie here again. I don't know if you got my:) :) PM, so here is more info for all.
I have found 2 fiber mills I want to visit, one in Paw Paw and another in Allegan. Also, there is a Fiber Fest next month at the Allegan fairgrounds. Let me know if anyone wants more info. Rubie

blkirback
07-29-2008, 11:28 AM
Hey.

I don't live in Michigan any longer, but I am originally from there. If you guys go up to Mackinaw City ever there is a nice little store named Cynthia's. They have a very nice selection there. There's also on in Davision that has a nice selection too, the name of that one it The Yarn Shop, I believe.

SPCnut
11-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Hello! I am a knitter and crocheter living in Caledonia :)

Tina37
02-13-2009, 12:47 PM
I live in Grand Rapids,Mi.I am a loom knitter new to it. I have only made hats and scarves and want to learn to make more items. I am glad to have found this group.Has anyone thought of forming a group for Grand Rapids,Mi. and surrounding area moms to meet up and loom knit or just knit and crochet. If so I would be interestd in joining.

Tina37
02-17-2009, 08:44 AM
Meina I am close to you I live in Grand Rapids/Kentwood area off 68th st.I am new to knitting on looms. I can't knit on needles I am left handed and it is hard for me to be taught to use the needles to knit.Would love to get together and knit together sometime.

MoJo
05-02-2009, 12:54 PM
Hi BlueEyezz:

I'm from the Kalamazoo area. I haven't been knitting that long but I'm loving it. I'm slowly branching out to more difficult patterns, difficult meaning anything but a scarf.

I too am looking for a knitting club or group in the area.

DebMomOf3
03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say hi - I'm in Grandville and just found these forums. Tina - I knit left-handed on needles. :)

leebingate
03-15-2010, 06:24 PM
lol, we go over to that part of town a lot. the boyfriend is addicted to Yesterdog and the Hookah lounge. Lol. . .

lol...I hope you get it! I like the soft yarn too, I have some Knit Picks Panache, a beautiful cream color and burgundy and Wool Cotton Blend by Sensations. Im waiting for the right project to use it on. I don't want to use it for practicing with. I better stop feeling on the Panache before I get it dirty! LOL

Ebomom
01-08-2013, 11:36 PM
I am just outside of Portage. I am learning how to knit