PDA

View Full Version : KnitPick Options/Harmony problems

ecb
11-26-2007, 10:28 AM
this is NOT a bash knitpicks thread, I LOVE my options
the Harmonys had 3 problems
*Size 8 one of the needles had a rough area where the wood layers were not glued as tightly as it should have been
*Size 7 the end on the needle that the cable goes into is too big, the cable tip ends can be pushed right into the needle hole end, the threads (grooves) are there and they are all the way arund, but the hole is significantly bigger so the cable can come loose without even screwing out
*and the size 6s BOTH of them, the hole in the needles did not go deep enough, so there was a gap where they joined, one was 3mm, the other was only about 1mm, but that is WAY more than enough to make me crazy knitting with fine yarns
I also had one cable pop out, but I was able to fix it without glue, and I cannot tell which cable it was that popped out, so no point complaining.

I called, and I am saving the faulty needles to send them if hey ever want, but they are just sending out replacements, I did call FIRST (or 7th) thing in the morning so I understand the woman being tired out, and less upbeat.

I am glad I got these interchangables.

what (if any) were the problems you encountered

ecb

Knitting_Guy
11-26-2007, 10:36 AM
They had such a huge demand for the Harmonys I am not surprised that some defects got missed during the manufacturing rush.

One thing about KP, you can always count on them to make things right for you.

zkimom
11-26-2007, 10:37 AM
So far I have only notice a slight grr on the tip of one of my needles that has smoothed out with use and I had to call for a replacement set of my size 10 tips because one came out of the metal socket.

Other than that, no big issues.

I love them too.

ecb
11-26-2007, 10:45 AM
One thing about KP, you can always count on them to make things right for you.
Yup
I even waited and checked each needle so when i called it would only be ONCE

ecb

AngMac
11-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I :heart: my KP Options and Harmony's. With the Options, my size 4 needle had an odd groove on one of the ends. With the Harmony's, one of each of my size 9, 10 and 11 needle tip came apart from the metal end. I was so bummed about it but I also checked the whole set and then called them. They were really nice and sent replacements for all of the needles.

hellokitty165
11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I love mine too...i got issues with harmony size 7 & 8... i got them replaced...the rest i still have not used them...maybe i should check it out...
Thanks for all the info and time you put in on this matter:hug:

Sissy
11-26-2007, 01:33 PM
I have thier circular sock needles and I LUV them.......Dont know about others.....Sissy

knitncook
11-26-2007, 01:44 PM
what (if any) were the problems you encountered

Getting the cable needles! I've been on the waiting list twice now and both times when I have called to put an order in (on or right after the available date) they have been out! I just want pretty wooden cable needles. NOW! :cool: