PDA

View Full Version : K2tog

Ginnyb
11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Does anyone, besides me, have trouble with K2tog? I have the darndest time getting my needle into the 2 stitche! Drives me crazy! Could I be doing something wrong? It always looks fine, but so hard for me to do!
Ginny

Kime
11-26-2007, 12:20 PM
It is harder to knit two together. It makes it easier if you knit more loosely, but you would have to completely change your tension. Try bringing the loops into the tips where the needles are thinner, if you aren't already.

D
11-26-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't usually have problems with k2tog, but I have those problems with k3tog. It certainly slows me down a little bit

Jan in CA
11-26-2007, 02:11 PM
I don't have trouble with it, but if you knit tight I can see where it might be hard.

bip
11-26-2007, 02:14 PM
I don't have much trouble doing it, but it never comes out looking like the opposite of ssk. Shouldn't it? A lot of patterns use these decreases as mirror images...

I DO have trouble with k2tog if I have to do several decrease rows with only one non-decrease row between them. They get very tight!

Stasi74
11-26-2007, 02:39 PM
I have trouble sometimes too. I agree with Kime, I bring the yarn up a little bit and then knit them together.

suzeeq
11-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I don't have much trouble doing it, but it never comes out looking like the opposite of ssk. Shouldn't it? A lot of patterns use these decreases as mirror images...

You may be making one or the other of them wrong. Do you do the k2tog into the back loop or front?

knitgal
11-26-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm doing a blanket right now with a lot of K3tog's. It's a bit of a pain, but like anything, the more you do it, the easier it gets.
I find K2tog's hard to do when I'm working with cotton, such as when I'm making a dishcloth, but I'm usually trying to knit more tightly too.

bip
11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
You may be making one or the other of them wrong. Do you do the k2tog into the back loop or front?

Ah, good point. I just verified that I do them exactly as shown in Amy's videos. Maybe I am imagining that they don't look like opposites? I can't think of any particular pictures to post as examples. I think I'll just pretend I don't notice :)

rissa
11-26-2007, 06:57 PM
I used to have that problem. Then I found out that I was doing my purl stitch incorrectly. I was wrapping the yarn around the opposite way I was suppose to. This resulted in a much tighter stitch that made my knits look like |/ instead of \/ if that makes sense. As a result, any special stitch was always much more difficult to accomplish. Hope that helps.