PDA

View Full Version : Love this yarn for socks!

mwhite
11-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Zitron "Cara" is super for socks. As a new sock knitter, I've used several different kinds of yarns but this one is fabulous! It has 35% Cotton, 35% Acrylic and 30% Rayon. Nice and stretchy without being hard to handle. What are your favorite yarns for socks?

Shandeh
11-27-2007, 05:02 PM
I like Lang Jawoll, Wildfoote, Lisa Souza, Cherry Tree Hill and Lorna's Laces. I've also used Regia and Fortissima yarns, which worked fine as well.

Right now, I'm trying Cascade Fixation, which is a bit harder to use, since I'm a tight knitter. I'm afraid the sock will end up way to small, since that yarn is elastic.

brittyknits
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
mwhite-- where are you getting that yarn? I can't find it listed anywhere and would love to try it!
Thanks in advance. . .

mwhite
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
I found it at a local shop but googled it and found it here:http://www.woolandwicker.com/yarn_prices.php

I like it for the way it looks after knitting and since cotton is my favorite for socks, was tickled to find it. It's a German made yarn so alot of the sites I googled were German. It's got enough yardage on one skein (186yds) to make a pair of size 8-1/2 ankle length socks, using size 3 needles.

mwhite
11-27-2007, 06:30 PM
And that looks like a Canadian site. The local shop is online but their site is not finished. It should show contact info though: www.girlsloveyarn.com The lady that owns it is Sheila Crowder.

kindermen
11-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Try the Zitron "Lifestyle" It is WONDERFUL!!!!!