PDA

View Full Version : Sweet! Ravelry!

Jitendra
11-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I've spent the whole week obsessing about my essay assignments (latest one due tomorrow! Not even finished!), and randomly checked my email. I'm in ravelry!

I wish I had some time to enjoy it.

bethany
11-27-2007, 10:03 AM
The time will come! Do your essay! (I loved procrastinating in college and then cramming to get it done! Ha!) Congrats on Ravelry, it's so fun. You'll have time over the winter break, right? Coming sooner than you think! Same name for you on Ravelry? Add me as your friend!

Good luck with your essay! Topic?

Cecily
11-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Hi:

Ravelry is a great site. It is like an addiction for all knitters. I have a hard time getting done what I am supposed to do also. All I want to do is knit, and go online to talk with people with my same interest.

Have fun on Ravelry and add me as a friend also!
:cheering:

Jitendra
11-27-2007, 10:37 AM
yep, my name is the same. Also my essay topic is about how it was possible for an ex-slave to write and publish an autobiography in the 18th Century, and the ways in which the narrative is both anti-slavery and pro-British superiority. I'm only 450 words away from complete.

bethany
11-27-2007, 10:40 AM
oooh, excellent! Type away!

Wahlee
11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
yep, my name is the same. Also my essay topic is about how it was possible for an ex-slave to write and publish an autobiography in the 18th Century, and the ways in which the narrative is both anti-slavery and pro-British superiority. I'm only 450 words away from complete.

Olaudah Equiano, I assume?

*is a British Lit grad student*

twowackykids
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Ah, that's nothing! I could write that after a bottle of wine!*

*I would like to mention that I have a B.A. and and M.A. in English, and I now teach writing. But I do have every faith that you will get your essay done and that you will do well on it...once you get it started that is! Ravelry will be there when you are done. :thumbsup:

inkaholic
11-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I know what you mean about papers...I have one due tomorrow that I haven't even started, and two more on the same subject in the coming weeks. :(
Personally I loved English class in high school, and it was just as much work, but it's not fun anymore somehow.

Jitendra
11-29-2007, 12:03 AM
okay well as it happens I'm really dumb. I thought the essay was due tuesday; it's actually due tomorrow. But since I scheduled my essay writing times with this in mind, it makes no difference.

Yep, good old Equiano. I was taught to say his name with a hard k sound, but my prof pronounces the qu.

Pennie
11-29-2007, 12:32 AM
4300 people are ahead of you in line
I keep moving up little bit by little bit

madametj
11-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Ah, that's nothing! I could write that after a bottle of wine!*

*I would like to mention that I have a B.A. and and M.A. in English, and I now teach writing. But I do have every faith that you will get your essay done and that you will do well on it...once you get it started that is! Ravelry will be there when you are done. :thumbsup:
hey, i just added you as my friend!

Beverley
11-29-2007, 06:11 PM
Hello fellow Canadian, i'm waiting in line to get in to Ravelry :sleepy: