PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what I hate?

bethany
11-27-2007, 11:15 AM
My addiction to this site, and Ravelry and the internet in general. It takes up my knitting time! I want to do both but can't. When is the cyber technology going to catch up so that we can just think what we want typed and the messages just fly!?:wink:

feministmama
11-27-2007, 11:34 AM
:roflhard: You know there is some geek in thier basement as we speak working on it :roflhard:

mwhite
11-27-2007, 11:54 AM
:teehee: Ah, Bethany, I know what you mean. I joined a garden site/forum to commune with other gardeners.... kept gardening and just visited on occasion.... winter and the "no gardening" season came and I just kept spending more and more time on the forum---2 years later, my garden had been ignored...flowers not blooming, no new pictures to show, it had to stop!!! :noway: :think: I just put my mouse away and stopped myself from spending so much time on the computer.... Several of us got together last fall and enjoyed each other's company on a nice camping trip in Utah. We had sooo much fun but learned from each other that being absent from the site is good for us and our lives must go on, internet or not.

I've joined this site, checking in to what's going on and still checking the garden site, too but NOW, my knitting and gardening come first! You just have to decide what is more important to you. Don't lose your contact with web buddies and remember we DO understand! We won't bug ya, but smile to ourselves and say, "Wonder how Bethany is? Bet she's knitting her lil fanny off!" Mary

Jan in CA
11-27-2007, 12:01 PM
:roflhard: You know there is some geek in thier basement as we speak working on it :roflhard:

I wouldn't be surprised! :roflhard:

knitncook
11-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Honey! Get out of the basement! Feministmama is on to you! :roflhard:

I have found myself on here more and more since I started working from home doing call center work. There are days like today when I have gotten two 5 minute calls in the past hour and a half. I'd knit, but the 3 projects I have going all take a bit of concentration. I don't have a "no think" project going. I've been trying to force myself away from the computer when I'm not at work, though.

bethany
11-27-2007, 08:43 PM
heheh Mary! :)

Yarnlady
11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
There is voice activated software...just don't know how advanced it is.

I personally set a timer for 30 minutes. Knit, then do something else (generally clean house) for 30 minutes. Keeps me from just knittin' all the time! :lol:

bethany
11-28-2007, 09:58 AM
ah, that's a great idea. I'd need a blackout I think somedays! Now tell me though, what is your timer set at for knitting!?! Ha! ;)

Knitting_Guy
11-29-2007, 08:05 PM
i'm currently working on a design. It's a wireless mouse that will slip onto the end of your knitting needles or onto the cable of circs. :mrgreen:

bethany
11-29-2007, 09:45 PM
brilliant! Or will all the messages read "kkkppppkkpkpp" ?! heheh

amy
11-30-2007, 12:35 AM
OMG, please tell Mr/Mrs Geek to hurry up, I need this software BAAAD!

brilliant! Or will all the messages read "kkkppppkkpkpp" ?! heheh

:roflhard: