PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with Stars

mommie*3
11-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Anyone hooked? I know I'm on pins and needles :drool: :rofl:

Who did you vote for? Who do you think will win?

My vote is for Helio Castroneves and Julianne Hough they are so cute together.

cdjack
11-27-2007, 11:50 AM
Helio all the way!
Marie Osmond shouldn't even be in the finals.
A wind-up doll act? What were they thinking...

auburnchick
11-27-2007, 12:08 PM
I've been faithfully watching each week too. I like Helio too. I thought last night's show was a disappointment, though. The routines just were not that great. Oh well...

mommie*3
11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Yeah, she looked ridiculous with those big red cheeks. She did pretty good lifts though. Mel B. needs to stop grabing Tom Bergeron's ***. What is her deal?

dmknits
11-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Helio :thumbsup:

JamOKnit
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I only caught the freestyle dances but Helio was miles above the rest!

sue in canada
11-27-2007, 01:07 PM
I have also been watching. I was a little disappointed with last night also. Helio should win but with Marie's following, who knows. Tonight will be interesting.

Luvmyrottnboy
11-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Last night was a total disapointment. With the exception of Helio, the free styles were either a bore (Mel) or absurd (Marie).

Marie. I used to love her. I never thought she should have gotten this far but I really enjoyed her. Last night changed all that. Her reaction to the judges' critiques was, I thought, immature and ungracious.

I think Mel is the best dancer by far but if the point of the show is to take a totally raw non-dancer and make them deliver, then Helio is the one.

knitncook
11-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah, she looked ridiculous with those big red cheeks. She did pretty good lifts though. Mel B. needs to stop grabing Tom Bergeron's ***. What is her deal?

But remember this is the same woman who used to dress up in silly costumes and dance vaudeville with her brother! We've been hooked on this show since the first season when we were cheering for John Hurley. Last year was almost ecstatic with Apollo and Laila! OMG It was so exciting. There were actually very good dancers last season. This year I'm a bit disappointed in them overall.

We keep talking about who our "dream cast" would be and which dancers we would put together with them. Wouldn't you just love to see a cast of Richard Gere, Harrison Ford and Johnny Depp? I bet they would get fantastic ratings! :happydance:

sinistral_needler
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
I love Helio! I hope he goes all the way. I am amazed that Marie has gotten this far. Please don't knock her - she has certainly had her share of hard knocks in the past 6 - 8 weeks.

I think that the Cheeta Girl should not have gotten voted out. She clearly has a lot of dancing talent!

Silver
11-27-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm hoping Mel and Maks win. I think Mel is way more fluid and graceful on the dance floor than Helio. Helio's routines are great, but he still looks like he's trying too hard.

Oh, and Maks is freaking HOT. :teehee:

Marie.. blah. She's such a phoney. There are rumors going around that her fainting was faked and she has someone feeding her lines throughout the show. Besides that, she's NOT a great dancer, good for a 50 year old with 8 kids, but she's not a great dancer. Jennie Garth should have totally been in the finals (well besides the obvious Sabrina!)

mommie*3
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
I think that's why she's still on the show. It's more pitty votes then anything. Plus look how big the family is that's like the whole state of Utah! Then if you watch Entertainment Tonight all they talk about is her and Donnie. Of course she was on the Oprah show too so you know if Oprah says it's right then the flock shall follow. But I agree, I thought Sabrina should still be in the game. At least she got a man out of it!

cdjack
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
The Cheetah Girl was good, but she was a dancer when she started. So was Scary Spice. I think.
I'm not sure exactly sure what she did between Spice Girl Tours... And like her or not, Marie has been an entertainer since she was a toddler.
So, that leaves Helio. Gracious, charismatic, race- car driving Helio.
He should win.

auburnchick
11-27-2007, 09:24 PM
You know...when I watched Mel dance, I kept thinking that it looked like a Spice Girl routine...not that I've ever seen one before, so I really wouldn't know...just a guess.

So I'm flying home tonight and won't see the results show. I think I'll have to get up really early and watch it online before I go to work. :teehee:

SnarfyCat
11-28-2007, 02:04 AM
So I have watched the show since seeing the rematch between John et Kelly the first season. Et I have to say, this is the first year I have not been dying to see each et every episode. Between Sabrina getting kicked off that early et Marie being in the finals, I would rather watch real ballroom on PBS. I am so disgusted this year that I haven't even been upset that Im working nights on Monday et Tuesday at the hospital et missing it. Although, as much as I would like a woman to win because it hasn't happened for a LONG time, I absolutely adore Helio. Yum-me!!! Et that is all I have to say about that. :)