PDA

View Full Version : I found ONE reason to dislike Balieys Irish Cream

ecb
11-27-2007, 07:48 PM
I spilled some on my daughters sweater that I M knitting
just a couple drops, I did not even notice at the time
now I M almost done (it has become a sweater dress at this point) but there are a couple spots of PALE Brown stains on the light blue yarn
I used clear water to rinse it out, but there is still a shadow of the pale beigh left over

Any advice on what will wash this
the yarn is Plymouth wool acrylic blend

ecb

Ingrid
11-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Encore? I'd use some soap and try, since it's beautifully washable. Or maybe a Tide-to-Go, or even some Oxyclean.

I knew there was a reason I never liked that stuff!:ick::rofl:

Silver
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Have a couple drinks, and you won't care! :teehee:

cdjack
11-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I'd try Zout stain remover. I've never used it to remove a Bailey's stain, but it gets everything else out.

knitgal
11-27-2007, 08:08 PM
Maybe before you try stain remover (which is a great idea), you should use a spare piece of yarn and test it out. You wouldn't want to ruin your hard work!

ecb
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Have a couple drinks, and you won't care! :teehee:
That is how I got INTO this trouble, I had a couple drinks (BAD day, my well died) and something fell off my window sill onto the table with the drink on it
I did not think it spalshed into the knitting stuff, but it did
I will try these, I was just SOOOOOO dissapointed to see the stain unchanged (except for the sugary part) after the rinse with water

Thanks you all

ecb

Plantgoddess+
11-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I have used woolite for my wool sweaters and all hand washables for years and have had pretty good luck. I just let the clothing soak for about 5 minutes then rinse a few times. I hope it's not permanent after all your hard work.

Matdredalia
11-27-2007, 10:36 PM
Yikes. I'm SO sorry to hear about this.

However, I'm glad to have been forewarned. I have a big thing for Irish Cream, and Bailey's is one of the only drinks I'll actually go for.

I'll probably tell DH to remember never to let me KUI.

jess_hawk
11-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Yikes. I'm SO sorry to hear about this.

However, I'm glad to have been forewarned. I have a big thing for Irish Cream, and Bailey's is one of the only drinks I'll actually go for.

I'll probably tell DH to remember never to let me KUI.
I can just picture this... "You're drunk." "I've only had one!" "Give me the keys." **passes over keys** "AND The needles." "NO! I can knit!" "You're drunk!"

... so if I love Irish cream for things like putting in my cocoa and stuff, I might actually like Bailey's? I haven't found any alcohol I like yet, and not that I'm looking to develop a love of alcohol, but I wouldn't mind knowing something that tastes good to me.

saracidaltendencies
11-27-2007, 11:47 PM
If nothing else, would just a duplicate stitch work?

MMario
11-28-2007, 01:26 PM
I can think of several reasons not to like Bailey's Irish Cream

a) it has to be hidden from most of my family and all my friends

b) it disappears too quickly

c) it's fantastic on ice cream, brownies, steamed puddings, etc and ups my calorie consumption

Lucy78green
11-28-2007, 01:29 PM
it's wayyyy too sweet for me, and the concept of alcoholic cream seems wrong

stitchwitch
11-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Irish car bombs!!!!!
1/2 shot of Baileys
1/2 shot of Jameson Whiskey
mix the two in one shot glass and drop into a pint of Guiness, drink as fast as you can.
Drink two and you won't care about the stain. :roflhard:

willowangel
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
I love Bailey's - I'm allergic to fruit so can't have any fruit-based cocktails/drinks, so my favourite cocktail is : bailey's, amaretto, coffee liqueur, coke and cream - it sounds vile, but is fantastic. Unfortunately, it tastes like chocolate milkshake, so I drink a few of them quickly and then remember there was alcohol and can't walk straight ;-)

I don't drink often, cause it makes my depression a lot worse, but when I'm having a good night, that's what I drink... it's yummy :-)
Fi xx

ArtLady1981
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
I found a WONDER product a couple years ago from the QVC shopping channel. I buy it over and over again. It has stain removal properties that are absolutely magic! It is called STAIN BUDDY.

Go to www.QVC.com (http://www.QVC.com) and type Stain Buddy in the search bar.

This stuff got dried black coffee stains out of my beige carpeting in my Honda. This stuff got black coffee stains out of my icy blue Rowan Polar yarn! This stuff got dried orange soda stains out of my Honda carpeting! This stuff got spaghetti sauce stains out of a white damask sofa! This stuff gets blood spots (shaving cuts) out of my husbands dress shirt necks! This stuff is really really a WONDER! It is like magic, but it is not caustic nor stringent! It goes a long long way.
I highly recommend it. (I should REP for them!) It far surpasses OXY-CLEAN or any other stain removal product I have ever tried.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/v/89/v25589.001?$usmedium$