PDA

View Full Version : Twinkle Big City Knits book?

thedogsarehome
11-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi! I was considering getting the Twinkle Big City Knits book, but have read a lot of reviews complaining that the book has tons of errors. Also, the "errata" pages found on the book's website only cover a fraction of the mistakes. Several reviewers say that only an expert knitter who is able to improvise and knit by looking at the picture should buy the book.

Has anyone tried to knit anything from Big City Knits? Do you have the same complaints? Thanks for your help!

Suziblues
11-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Hi,
I borrowed this book from the library and I suggest you do the same. That way, you will know for sure.
I did knit the Pilot Hat in there. I don't know if it was just me or the book, but I must have ripped that crazy hat apart 8 times! I STILL didn't knit it to where it looks okay! I must admit, though, that I am not using the yarn they recommend in the pattern, I'm using another brand of big chunky yarn, I think maybe Lion brand. But I did use the size 19" double pointed needles, which my husband made for me because I couldn't find any to buy. (he is a wood worker and has a bunch of cool tools and they came out really nice!).
It is a pretty cool book with a lot of nice patterns. But anyway, try your local library.
sue

thedogsarehome
11-28-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the tip on the library! I hadn't thought of that, but it's the perfect solution (I hope that my library is knitter-friendly!).

suzeeq
11-28-2007, 01:24 PM
If they don't have a copy, see if they can get it through interlibrary loan from another one.