PDA

View Full Version : How many projects OTN at one time?

LaFlaca1226
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
I'm a new knitter, and I got so excited to try knitting in the round that I began to knit this hat before I actually finished the bag I was knitting! I do plan to finish the bag, too.

Just curious, how many projects do you allow yourself to be in the middle of at one time? (I imagine this has been discussed before, so I'm sorry if I'm beating a dead horse.)

DQ
11-28-2007, 05:53 PM
At the moment I have 3 otn and 2 that need finishing off properly :oops:

GiddyKnitter
11-28-2007, 05:56 PM
I have 1 pair of socks (1 sock finished)
Cabled baby sweater (back nearly done)
Fingerless gloves (just started)
And a list as long as my arm of things I need to knit for Christmas.

Mirl56
11-28-2007, 06:06 PM
I have 3 OTN right now. One stays in the car for when I'm a passenger or waiting to pick up someone (sometiems this project is a pair of socks, right now it's dishcloths) Two are at home, both socks. One more almost finished is a hat that needs felting.

Eccie
11-28-2007, 06:48 PM
I have:
a bag that I need to do the duplicate stich decoration on
a basketweave scarf that i got kinda bored with halfway through
and a felted hat
I'm usually pretty good about finishing one thing off before starting the next.

lauraknits
11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
I think I have about 6!

knitgal
11-28-2007, 07:02 PM
I have a scarf for me that I wish was done
A hat for the DBF's friend that I promised I would make
A blanket for the DBF's Nanny for Christmas that I am praying gets done!
My first sock that I need to finish- it's at the bottom of my knitting bag.
I try to have one thing at a time- it never works

Mulderknitter
11-28-2007, 07:55 PM
I try to keep it under control. Really. I have a sweater that has been going since May, but because of the lovely KH'ers it is finally in the finishing stages. I have a sock, a scarf, a wrap, a tank top, and i'm sure there's more. I just so happen to be a knitting pattern book buying a-holic, and once I buy the book I have to immediately cast on for what I love most. So I'm sure I have a lace stole started somewhere :zombie:

remclave
11-28-2007, 08:08 PM
I have 3 OTN and 2 OTH (on the hook; crochet that is...) I plan on starting the replacement cable sweater for my husband here in the next week, so I'll have 4 OTN.

Plantgoddess+
11-28-2007, 08:31 PM
I have increased my OTN projects since signing up here at KH. These people are a bad influence on me. They get me so excited I almost started a 4th project. I have a cardigan, an afghan and a tablecloth all in progress. I just finished another afghan and just have to sew in ends, wash and wrap to give as gift. I want to start another sweater and some more socks, but unless I learn to knit as does Mrs. Weasley in Harry Potter. I need another set of hands.

Jax3303
11-28-2007, 08:51 PM
I try to keep to a self imposed limit of 5 wip's at any one time. A lot of the time I'm not very sucessful at keeping at/below that limit. If I restricted myself to one project at a time I would get bored and never get anythng finished.

Sissy
11-28-2007, 11:54 PM
I have a scarf started and a sock............Just took my cardi off the needles tonight.........Sissy

tasknitter
11-28-2007, 11:58 PM
I went through a phase of finishing everything off before starting new ones, but found I'd get bored with the pattern, so things took longer and I was wishing they were just finished so I could start something else, then I thought to myself, it's MY hobby and i'll do it any damn way I like, now I've allowed myself to have multiple projects I find I'm less inclined to, I've only got 2 going at the moment, I also keep one of my projects small, I'm into baby hats which are super quick. I'm also a pattern book-aholic, and again, in justification I look at all the things others collect, I think I'm just making myself feel better about the state of my house!!!:wink:

jess_hawk
11-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I try very hard to limit myself to one, two TOPS, but atm I have 3 otn and keep casting on and finishing quick ones in the middle of these. so I've had up to 5 this month.

Sunny_Singer
11-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I have a lot of projects OTN at the moment. I work on all of them a little each day. I discovered that I get bored with the same color over and over, not the stitches.
I try to keep my colors varied, no matter which projects I am working on.
Currently, I have 3 rugs in various stages, a stole, Christmas star ornaments from what ever leftover yarn after a project is completed, a coaster, a hot pad, an afghan, a poncho, a baby blanket and a tie all in progress.

I have a scarf on needles, but the pattern is very difficult and confusing for me. I have stopped working on that for now as it is going to be my own and all that other stuff is Christmas presents with deadlines.

Newbie2Knitting
11-29-2007, 01:23 AM
Officially OTN I have a throw for my mom & a sweater for my nephew. I have a cabled hooded baby cardigan that I just took off the needles & I have to finish seaming, and, even though I know it's not officially a project, I have a test swatch going. I want to see if I can do a saxon braid w/o going bald in the process before I actually work it into a project. I have 3 kidlets that interrupt me quite a bit and I tend to loose my place...

saracidaltendencies
11-29-2007, 01:59 AM
I have a really bad habit of starting things and then forgetting about them because I find something else I'd rather do first then one day realize I have like 8 things going at once...lol...I finally got just about caught up recently though! I had 2 hats I was working on, a sweater for hubby, a scarf for my mom, a scarf for my niece, a cell case for my brother in law, a scarf I was knitting for consignment, a blanket I started a looong time ago...I think that's it...lol...I finally got to the point where I made myself finish up a few things before I started anything else...I got the 2 hats finished and the scarf for my mom finished. I've basically given up on the blanket but can't bring myself to frog it because it looks so nice even though I haven't gotten very far...lol...I just threw it on a stitch holder and put it in a drawer...haha...So, currently otn I have 3 projects I'm really working on, but, getting ready to start a 4th because my niece wanted me to knit her a pillow for x-mas.

Ronda
11-29-2007, 09:45 AM
I have 2 projects on needles right now, but I'm not going back and forth between the two projects. I had to put one on hold to do the other one.

mommydearest
11-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I have two - a dishcloth and an afghan, although the afghan is on hold right now as I just discovered I missed a st toward the bottom and I'm not quite sure how to fix it yet. Any suggestions???

I am planning on a scarf for dh and was thinking hard about a short sleeve light wt top for my mom's b-day in January (still looking for an easy pattern).

Mary

bobi1218
11-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Right now I have 2. A sweater for me that I've been working on since July (other things keep coming up that have deadlines, so this one gets put on the back burner quite a bit) and a baby blanket. The blanket needs to be done by the 17th, since its a shower gift, so that's all I've been working on lately. My poor sweater sits...and sits...and sits.
I try not to have more than 2 or 3 at a time, I get too confused otherwise. I'm a fairly methodical person anyway, and don't like to start something before something else is finished.

janettle
11-29-2007, 10:31 AM
Hmmm, I guess I usually have just 1, or at the most, 2 on the needles at a time, but I'm constantly researching and planning and designing the next several projects in my head at the same time. So, maybe 1-2 OTN and 5-6 ITH (In The Head):)

SherKnit
11-29-2007, 11:21 AM
I have 3 right now. With another 3 waiting to be CO. I refuse to CO anymore until I finish up something!!!

In too deep with xmas knitting!!!!

HollyP
11-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I have 3 technically with 1 UFO waiting to be seamed
1 is a scarf for my brother knit in the round which I will be happy if I ever finish. It's so boooring. I work on it sporadically.
1 is a pair of socks that I left at other brothers house 2 weeks ago and he forgot to bring to me last week
1 is a just started log cabin blanket for my mom
the not technically on the needles but still needing to be finished is a dog sweater for my brother and SIL's new dog. I just need to seam it but the instructions don't say were to leave the opening for the legs. I am currently researching and trying to figure it out for myself. I am tempted to go to Petco with my tape measure.:teehee:

susi
12-01-2007, 03:01 PM
i have 2 otn

a jumper that i just need to do the sleeves and finish of. i will hve it finished by the end of next week.

a hat for my 4 year old son. 3 weeks that will be done, i only started it last night.

i'm another 1 with a huge list to get done before christmas. by the middle of jan i have to have the above done as well as 2 sleevless jumpers for my son, 3 hats 2 pairs of long socks for my son. as well as i want to learn to crochet some where in the middle of it all lol. no to sure when i am going to sleep though lol.

New Girl
12-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I have 4 projects that are calling my name in my knitting bag right now. I have a friend who said that I suffer from "Attention Deficit...Oh Shiny" disorder which essentially means that I have to keep several projects going at one time.

I also think I knit by mood...If I am in a good mood, I try a little lace (so you always need one OTN). If I am in not such a good mood, a little knitting in the round always makes me feel better (so you always need of of these OTN, too).

Moral of all the rambling.."The more the merrier!!!!!":knitting: