PDA

View Full Version : I Challenge You!

Miley384
11-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Take a break from all of that Christmas knitting! I challenge all of you to make a 3D cupcake! You have to have a pattern to go along with it. Please note that it HAS TO BE 3D like the picture of pie in this pattern:http://www.wikihow.com/Knit-a-Cherry-Pie Post your ending results here in this thread! It can be whatever color you want and any design! Just post it here and I will nominate the best looking cupcake! Good Luck Everyone! ;)

DorothyDot
11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Uhh, nope. No thanks. I'm too busy with the Christmas deadline.

Plus, I'm on a diet. Yep, it's rough. No need to make it harder by knitting my forbidden food! ;)

How about a sock monkey? I just finished up on one today - and never again will I do one of those suckers!!! Knitting the parts was easy; sewing the critter together was rough.

Or how about tatted snowflakes? Snowflakes aren't fattening. Oh, but it's not knitting. Oh well....

Thanks for the challenge. But Christmas looms nearer and nearer, I fear.

Dot

Jan in CA
11-29-2007, 11:34 PM
Great idea, but if I stop my Christmas knitting now it'll never get done! :noway: If I have time when I'm done I might give it a try. ;)

knitncook
11-30-2007, 10:42 AM
Can I just eat a cupcake instead? I don't have time to knit one. :D

Eccie
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
Can I just eat a cupcake instead? I don't have time to knit one. :D

I second that idea/

Newbie2Knitting
11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Hmmmmmmmm... I didn't see a cupcake, I saw a slice of cherry pie. Maybe I'm just fantisizing - I'm finally kicking my butt to eat healthier, too.

We'll see how far I get on my afghan and if I do well, I may take up your challenge in a week or so...