PDA

View Full Version : Jan in CA - your signature line

Ronda
11-29-2007, 09:41 AM
~ "No project is complete without a little cat hair" ~

I had to laugh at your quote. I've noticed that I keep knitting my OWN hair into my knitting projects. I have long hair, and apparently I shed! I'll look down and notice one of my long hairs intertwined in the knitting. They're darn hard to pull out, too!

mommydearest
11-29-2007, 09:43 AM
LOL :teehee: I shed as much as my cats do, the only difference is mine is longer than theirs. Was even longer before I had most of it cut off last week.

You are right though it is really hard to pull out!

Mary

knitgal
11-29-2007, 09:47 AM
There's always cat hair and my hair in my projects. I feel bad when I give someone a knitted gift with loads of hair in it- Oh well, I guess it adds warmth.

Ronda
11-29-2007, 10:03 AM
:roflhard:

bobi1218
11-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sheds into their knitting! I shed worse than my dog, I sweep up more of my hair off the floors every night than anything else. I always try to pull all the hair out of a project before gifting it, but I'm sure I miss some.

laptop_knitter
11-29-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm the same - luckily I tend to knit with yarn that contrasts with my own red hair - I can spot any runaways but they so very difficult to pull out

debinoz
11-29-2007, 12:51 PM
Same here! I usually don't notice unless the hair gets wrapped around my finger or something. I'm half blind so I figure if I can't see them nobody else will either!

GinnyG
11-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Me too!!! I have really long hair and I've always said if anyone needed my DNA all they had to do was find something I knitted and there would be hair in it!!!

Eccie
11-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I knit my hair into my things too. I figure it's just a bit more of myself in there. :P

MAmaDawn
11-29-2007, 01:54 PM
See each of you are REALLY giving part of yourself into the knitting!!!!! :roflhard:

Jan in CA
11-29-2007, 02:12 PM
:teehee: I'm glad you enjoyed it. My hair is pretty short so it's usually cat hair I find, but occasionally even mine gets in there. Human hair seems to be the worst to pull out! :doh:

~ "No project is complete without a little cat hair" ~

I had to laugh at your quote. I've noticed that I keep knitting my OWN hair into my knitting projects. I have long hair, and apparently I shed! I'll look down and notice one of my long hairs intertwined in the knitting. They're darn hard to pull out, too!

Quiara
11-29-2007, 04:02 PM
I have bright red hair, so it's easy to pick out against most yarns, but I, too, knit quite a lot of my "self" into my projects. ^_^ If I took up spinning, I have to say that yes, I'd probably spin some of my own hair to see what kind of yarn I'd make. ^_~

Becky Morgan
11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
:roflhard: ! I got thrown out of a square swap once because the swapmistress didn't want "dog hair" in my squares. We didn't have a dog and at the time we had one short-haired cat, so guess where it had to come from? It's pretty much all gray now, so it just looks like monofilament got mixed in.;)