PDA

View Full Version : Knit Picks Ambrosia

GiddyKnitter
11-29-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi all

I have just received from Knit picks via my knitting buddy in Kansas
8 skeins of Ambrosia 80% Alpaca 20% Cashmere yarn and it is absolutely scrummy.:woot: I am going to knit The Dimple Shale scarf off the Knit picks site and the pattern says "Using 7 circular or straight needles". Am I right in thinking that it's 7 US and 4.5mm UK?
Hope someone replies quickly I can't wait to cast on even though I already have another 3 ONT!!!! Will send pics when it's OTN x

deadringer
11-29-2007, 01:23 PM
Sure, I'd start on it. You have 8 skeins, and the pattern only calls for 4. Now all you have to do is figure out what you are going to do with the other 4 skeins. And, yes, you have the needle conversion right.

holamiis
11-29-2007, 02:38 PM
Pauline- I would think its say to assume that 7 is the US needle size....

KnittingNat
11-29-2007, 02:45 PM
If I were you and I was fondling that yummy yarn :teehee: I would do the scarf, then a matching hat and a pair of mittens or fingerless gloves, like Knitty's Fetching maybe? Can't wait to see it! I knit a scarf with KnitPicks Panache, which was also an alpaca blend, it was lovely, but it has these long alpaca hairs coming out sometimes. I wonder if it happens with this one :think:.

GiddyKnitter
11-30-2007, 08:02 AM
No long hairs with this yarn just oh so soft and pretty. Forgot to say it was 4 balls of pink and 4 of lilac so at this point will only be making the scarf with the pink. Good idea though about the hat and mittens...Might have to ask my friend to order me some more!!