PDA

View Full Version : mouth sores?

Kels Joy.
11-29-2007, 05:11 PM
the inside of my mouth where my cheek meets the gums on the roof of my mouth has been really sore for the past few days, like it's cut. but i can't tell when i look in the mirror or anything.

has anyone ever had anything like this? do you know how to treat mouth cuts, if it is a cut?

KnittingNat
11-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Try using a herbal mouth wash, something like this (http://www.biosnaturiste.ro/English/en_p_ging.html). It usually helps me with this kind of things. HTH

Jan in CA
11-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I find that warm salt water helps a lot. It takes a few days, but they seem to go away faster with it than w/o.

stitchwitch
11-29-2007, 05:48 PM
Like Jan said, warm salt water, the best thing for irritation and wounds in the mouth. We used to recommend it after extractions for it's cleansing and healing properties.

Knitting_Guy
11-29-2007, 08:02 PM
Yep, warm salt water rinses work wonders.

If that doesn't help gargle with some Jack Daniels. It may not help the soreness but after a while you really won't notice.

BinkyKat
11-29-2007, 08:54 PM

If that doesn't help gargle with some Jack Daniels. It may not help the soreness but after a while you really won't notice.
Mason, I love your thought process! :thumbsup:
I quadruple that warm salt water treatment. Always works for me!

Ronda
11-29-2007, 10:38 PM
I vote for the warm salt water, too! I occasionally get canker sores, and that always helps them heal faster.
Hope you feel better soon. :hug:

debinoz
11-30-2007, 12:15 AM
My YDS gets bunches of canker sores a couple of times a year due to a vitamin B deficiency. He uses warm salt water also when he can stand it. We tried that stuff made just for them, but it burned so bad he thought he was going to die!

suzeeq
11-30-2007, 12:43 AM
I get canker sores from time to time. What helps clear them up faster is extra Vit C and the amino acid Lysine.

cdjack
11-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I use this stuff called Kanka... something. I can't remember what it is exactly called. Anyway, you would find near the abesol (sp?). You brush the stuff on the cuts and then you open your mouth and puff out your cheeks while it dries. It forms a scab or protective covering over the cuts and they heal faster.

dustinac
11-30-2007, 10:52 AM
I get them from time to time if I have to much Mountain dew or sour patch kids :teehee: ... Peroxide helps mine takes the pain out and clears them up fast...

My dh though gets them all the time...his dr told him that some carry a virus that can be passed down...he is on prescribed med to help... my son also gets them like crazy... dh uses abreva and Listerine to help with the pain too...

sheldon
11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
I get canker sores from time to time when I am under a lot of stress. Call me crazy, but my sure-fire cure is extremely hot sauce! I used Dave's insanity sauce, dab a generous amount on a cotton ball and apply to the sore and leave it for 3 - 5 minutes. It actually doesn't hurt much. I think the hot sauce ultimately numbs it. It feels alot better after the overall mouth burning subsides and within a day it's 99% better. One application is all it takes. I usually suffer with a canker sore for a few days before I muster the will to do the hot sauce therapy. After I do it I wonder why I waited so long.

I've also heard that gargling with hot pepper water is supposed to clear up sore throats. That's my next frontier if the condition arises this winter!

mwhite
11-30-2007, 03:47 PM

:teehee: :thumbsup: :roflhard: You are just too funny, Mason!

KnitClickChick
12-01-2007, 07:56 AM
About canker sores -- If you can find lump alum (the pharmacist should be able to get it) that stuff gets rid of canker sores in about a day. I had one a few years ago, and in my search as to why they happen, I found that certain toothpastes (I was using some kind of fancy Colgate) and mouthwash have sodium lauryl sulfate, and that can trigger canker sores. Now I never buy toothpaste that has this stuff in it, and haven't had any more problems.

suzeeq
12-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I thought all brand names had SLS in them? I rarely use toothpaste (it's the brushing that cleans teeth) and get canker sores. Tor me it's a combination of too much sweets, especially chocolate, with accidentally biting the inside of my cheeks plus my immune system being down.

Kels Joy.
12-01-2007, 12:40 PM

:roflhard: :thumbsup:
aha well i'm only 15, but i could ask my mom! lol

thanks everyone for the help. i think i'll try the warm salt water and see what that does.