PDA

View Full Version : Wow.

starburst
11-30-2007, 07:28 AM
I know I don't know all of you that well yet, but I feel like this is such a great community where everyone shares their good times and bad times and right now I am having such an unbelievably good day that I am bursting for want of someone to share it with!

I've just had one of the best nights ever. really. I'm stunned.

I've been working with our school sketch comedy show for the past quarter and tonight was the big live performance. It was such a rush. I don't like to perform, but they were short handed so I got a role in the sketch that I wrote (despite the fact that I told them that I really can't act). I had so much fun. i can't even think straight.

We performed to a packed house (which is kinda saying something because it was in a huge lecture hall) and we ended up having to open the seats that we roped off because they were blocked by the lighting for all the people who couldn't fit.

It just hit me. People laughed at something I wrote. Not just laughed--laughed HARD. It took 19 years, but I finally have found something that I am really good at and I'm really proud. Plus, I'm proud that I got out my lines and I didn't look like an idiot! I guess that's good, considering the fact that I wrote the lines.

I can't sleep. I'm still on an adrenaline rush. (ok, to be honest, it might be because our sponsor is an energy drink and we all had two cans before the show...). I want to have our next show tomorrow. I want it everyday!

Comedy is :heart:

Silver
11-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Congratulations!! Sounds like you're a celebrity in the making! Remember us little people when you move to Hollywood, k? :)

starburst
11-30-2007, 07:47 AM
I'll tell everyone where to buy their knitting bags ;)

Silver
11-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Woohoo! lol

knitgal
11-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Wow, congrats! Performing is such a rush, eh?

Cecily
11-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Great Job! I am so excited for you. Some people never find what they are good at and what they get excited about. I am so happy for you. Enjoy it, keep up the good work your excitement is contagious. You made my day.

Abbily
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
That's awesome, congratulations!!

dustinac
11-30-2007, 10:49 AM
:woot: Congrats!!

Mazie
11-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I think that is just wonderful, You, the cast and crew must be so proud.
I know how that 'high' feels, (I was a lowly stagehand) and I congratulate you, each and everyone. It's wonderful that you made people laugh, sharing joy is the best gift.

cindycactus
11-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Congratulations. That is wonderful. I saw my granddaughter in "Annie Get Your Gun" for a Little Theater. I was so proud. She did a wonderful job. I am glad you are feeling excited. Keep up the good work.:woot:

Knitting_Guy
11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Congrats! I always wanted to write a hit comedy play. Sounds like ya did good.

Jan in CA
11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
:yay: Congratulations!

starburst
11-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks guys! it was an absolute miracle that I was able to go to sleep last night. I sat up in bed for hours knitting because I couldn't close my eyes. I kept running over the show in my head.

Oh, and I just realized that I can send in a dvd of the event in with my college applications, which absolutely rocks!

Dangles
12-02-2007, 03:17 AM
Congrats! :yay: