PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know This Pattern?

lady~PURL
11-30-2007, 07:13 PM
http://www.dawnbrocco.com/patterns/doubleknot.html

any suggestions or similar patterns would help:muah:

iwouldratherbeknitting
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Nice scarf.. but, why would it COST $1.00 less to mail a pattern and $1.00 more to download the pattern to your computer.. I thought that was strange and that surely that they had the pricing backwards?

brittyknits
12-01-2007, 12:50 AM
Apparently that IS the correct pricing! It seems to have something to do with wholesale vs retail vs downloading, and that I think you're actually paying a wholesale price for the mailed version. Which means she'd be charging HOW much for retail mailed?! It is a beautiful and complicated pattern, and I don't know how much independant designers usually charge for 1 pattern, but this seems awfully high to me.

Mirl56
12-01-2007, 04:35 PM
It is a very nice cabled scarf - I like it alot. But $10 for a scarf? That seems way over-priced to me. Some of her sweater patterns are only $5.

As to the download costing more, I would never pay more for a download then a hard copy. That makes no sense to me.

I bet you could get one of the pattern books, in particular one that is dedicated to cables, and find an equally intricate cable pattern and make just as nice a scarf on your own. I recently checked Vogue Knitting Stitchiinary 2/Cables out of my library - it had quite a few cables that would work.