PDA

View Full Version : new ravelry feature!!!

Lady Violet
11-30-2007, 07:37 PM
i am now officially excited about ravelry. before it was just cool, but now i can find people who actually frequent my lys! yes, they are stalking people. :teehee:
apparently, when you add to your stash and include where you bought the yarn, ravelry mysteriously adds you to a list. i haven't fully examined this yet, but i will. i just had to share my glee. i'm about to find out just how "not alone" i really am. cloud9

amy
11-30-2007, 07:48 PM
Woah. So they list Ravelry members by name? Could you PM them and potentially make local friends that way? If so, that would be quite a development!

Knitting_Guy
11-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Big Brother is watching.

amy
11-30-2007, 07:55 PM
That was my first thought too! :oo: :rofl: But then I thought, it's not big brother if the person has to enter the shop name in themselves.

Lady Violet
11-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Woah. So they list Ravelry members by name? Could you PM them and potentially make local friends that way? If so, that would be quite a development!

yep. :happydance: on each project page you can type in where you purchased the yarn. if you click on the name of the shop, you're taken to a page with the shop's address and phone number, a location map, a list of patrons (including location!), stashed yarns purchased at the shop (with a note that they don't track purchase date yet), and a simple list of brands that have been purchased at the shop. :thud: i just noticed that some of the patrons at my lys don't have any yarns stashed from there, so it looks like saying you bought your yarn from there isn't the only way to be listed as a patron. now i have to figure out how to add myself to the list. :think:

Jan in CA
11-30-2007, 08:04 PM
:?? I can't figure out how to see what you are talking about.. ??

amy
11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
LV, your boyfriend isn't a computer hacker is he? :teehee:

:psst: Maybe Lady Violet is big brother, and she just doesn't know it yet.

Lady Violet
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
i just clicked on your "tiny socks" project page. under needle and yarn you listed knitpicks as your "purchased at." click on it.

Lady Violet
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Maybe Lady Violet is big brother, and she just doesn't know it yet. Your boyfriend doesn't happen to be a super computer hacker :cool:, does he LV? :teehee:

don't have one, unless you know something i don't. :teehee:

Jan in CA
11-30-2007, 08:10 PM
i just clicked on your "tiny socks" project page. under needle and yarn you listed knitpicks as your "purchased at." click on it.

Ohhhhhhh now I see. Yeah that is cool!

I'm not worried about "big brother"..it's just knitting not my passport info. ;)

chrislt8
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the head's up on this - what an awesome feature! Don't think I would have noticed it on my own (way too much to "discover" on that site-still-after being in since August!) LOL Great step in making some local contacts :D

Doublereeder2
11-30-2007, 08:24 PM
Interesting! Mine shows 0 purchased, but I have listed a number of projects with yarn I purchased there. Maybe is shows 0 because I have not entered any of my stash?!
I did join the group for my LYS, maybe that's how I got there.

bip
11-30-2007, 10:12 PM
Big Brother is watching.

Maybe Big Sister :mrgreen: She's one cool chick though, so I don't mind.

Shandeh
12-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Cool feature! :thumbsup:

I just updated my yarn info, so the totals would be correct. Some of my yarn was entered a while back, before the system was set up properly. So, sometimes the yarn shop would not be accurate.

I went through each yarn, and clicked "edit details", and then clicked the button to the right of the shop name. Then, I selected the correct shop from the drop down menu.

For example, there are now two different shops called "Cottage Yarn" instead of just one. So now, I have to choose the North Carolina shop. All of my earlier entries just said "Cottage Yarn", but did not have a link to the shop. I imagine that when other shops are added, the same problem will happen with other entries.

For some reason, some of my Hobby Lobby purchases were listed for the location in Missouri! Weird. So, I fixed them also.

jodstr2
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
ooh! great find, LV! :cheering: :)

annomalley
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
That's pretty cool! I just did a search for my LYS, and I noticed that as of right now, all the pictures of yarns stashed on the main page that were purchased there were from my stash. :teehee:

I'm listed as a patron of Hobby Lobby, but it says I have 0 purchases. I wonder if it's because I have something in my queue that I want to make from I Love This Yarn? :shrug:

Miley384
12-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I am not in yet.... Still waiting, not so patiently either! There is like 3000 people in front of me! AHHHHH!!!!! :p