PDA

View Full Version : Cat Bordhi stuff on DPNs?

redheadrachel
12-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Hey everyone! I wanting to do some Cat Bordhi stuff like the Coriolis sock, but I really want to use dpns instead of two circs. This wouldn't be a problem at all for me normally, because I'm fairly familiar with the usual sock constructions. But I'm wondering if her unique construction kind of requires the circs, or if it would be really confusing to use dpns instead.
Anyone know much about her construction, and if you can do it on dpns without changing anything?

zkimom
12-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Is this (http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_5482820,00.html) the sock you are talking about?

It doesn't look like it would be too much of a challenge to do on dpns -- at the beginning when you make your garter stitch square and are picking up the stitches you will have 6 stitches, 5 stitches, 6 stitches, 5 stitches instead of 11 and 11.

For the rest of the sock it looks as if you just have to remember that your instep needle is 2 needles and the sole needle is 2 needles.

Just wondering why you would choose dpns over 2 circs -- in my opinion working on 2 circs is way easier than working with dpns.

Nice pattern, looks like fun. Are you on Ravelry? There are over 100 people making that sock, maybe someone is working on dpns.

Best,
Susan

suzeeq
12-01-2007, 12:21 PM
This pattern isn't like her mobius ones which really do need to be knit on a cicular, it's a regular sock pattern. So you shouldn't have any problem with it on dpns.

Mirl56
12-01-2007, 05:37 PM
I don't think you'd have any trouble. Circ needles you usually have half the stitches on one circ and half on the 2nd. With double pts I'd use 5 total, put 1/4 stitchs on each of 4 needles and work the same as 2 circs.