PDA

View Full Version : Truly dumb question.....

boo1
12-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm doing a diagonal ribbed scarf (yawn) and lost my place. (It's only 8 rows repeated....)

I'm looking at the RS of my work and just next to the working yarn, hanging off near the tip, I see 4 purl stitches. Does this mean that I ended the previous row with 4 knit stitches? If so, I know where I am.

thanks!!

Knitting_Guy
12-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Yep, that would be right. A knit stitch on one side is a purl stitch on the opposite side.

The.Knitter
12-01-2007, 04:38 PM
May I just add that NO QUESTION IS A "TRULY DUMB" QUESTION IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!!! Ask away, we've all been new knitters at one time or another. We all had questions. This site is great because it gives new knitters the opportunity to ask their questions and get knowlegable answers.

ecb
12-01-2007, 09:41 PM
May I just add that NO QUESTION IS A "TRULY DUMB" QUESTION IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER!!! Ask away, we've all been new knitters at one time or another. We all had questions. This site is great because it gives new knitters the opportunity to ask their questions and get knowlegable answers.
PLUS . . . . . .
People Who have been knitting for Decades have asked me for advice when I had only been knitting about a year
Everyone has something to teach, once they know something.
You Did, DOne, and are doing Good, keep up the great work

ecb

redheadrachel
12-02-2007, 02:33 AM
PLUS, I'd be more eager to read the question and try to answer it or help you if the title has something to do with the question, instead of saying Hey this is a really stupid question. lol It doesn't exactly make me think, Oh great! Can't wait to read this post!!!

So, if you don't know something, don't be afraid to ask. But there's no need to call your questions stupid. We've ALL been there :thumbsup:

boo1
12-03-2007, 07:08 AM
Right!

:grphug:

lelvsdgs
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Right!

:grphug:

Absolutely! We've all had questions and none of them are stupid...

Knitting_Guy
12-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Stupid people ask smart questions?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :teehee:

MAmaDawn
12-03-2007, 05:39 PM
KnittingGuy and RedHeadRachel you both had me laughing.... :rofl: