PDA

View Full Version : hello

princess
12-01-2007, 04:15 PM
hello all!
I am a new knitter and i wanted to start my first "real" project after all my practicing and make some dishcloths for my apartment since it would be useful, and i wont care if its uneven and ugly because it will get dirty anyways! I was wondering however, what material would be best for this? i dont know yarns or materials and whats best for this and that so any advice would be appreciated. thanks a million!

Amanda

The.Knitter
12-01-2007, 04:18 PM
hello all!
I am a new knitter and i wanted to start my first "real" project after all my practicing and make some dishcloths for my apartment since it would be useful, and i wont care if its uneven and ugly because it will get dirty anyways! I was wondering however, what material would be best for this? i dont know yarns or materials and whats best for this and that so any advice would be appreciated. thanks a million!

Amanda

If you can get your hands on some Bernat Handicrafter Twist or just Bernat Handicrafter. It is inexpensive and makes good dish cloths. I'm sure Michaels carries it because I bought 23 balls a few weeks ago.

Best of luck to you!

Knitting_Guy
12-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Welcome!

You'll want to use a cotton or cotton blend for dishcloths.

suzeeq
12-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Sugar and Cream or Peaches and cream are great for dishcloths and they're found at craft stores or walmart.

Debkcs
12-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi, welcome to Knitting Help!

All of the above suggestions are good ones. I like dishcloths because they are portable, quick, and great little quick gifts.

Hope you enjoy making them, too.

dustinac
12-01-2007, 10:29 PM
:happydance: Welcome to KH :happydance:

jodstr2
12-02-2007, 01:44 PM
:waving: welcome!!! :waving:

Jan in CA
12-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Welcome to KH!! :yay:

Miley384
12-02-2007, 01:58 PM
Here are some patterns I thought you might like. You could probably just use worsted weight yarn. I think it should hold up just fine.
:wink:

http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory/dishcloths.php

princess
12-02-2007, 04:02 PM
thanks for all the suggestions! I went with some cotton, and i made my first one just a rectangle of knit stitches. It looked suprisingly good for my first project, i was impressed with myself :P
now i am working on one of the simple patterns i found in the link from miley, and next i plan to do a rectangle of purl stitches to get better at that.

Amanda